Xenonshop HID Kits - What a pile of garbage - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Trader Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2010, 09:01   #31
iansevoviii

My Car
Send a message via MSN to iansevoviii
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Biggles_ View Post
thanks for that ian, doesnt help me one iota

I think you'll find it balances out the statement "what a pile of garbage".

Of course there are times when i've needed to switch lights off (sitting in front of peoples houses) is one example but yes they fired back up without issues.

I gotta be honest its not the best install either, balasts are still in a temporary mounting that i put them in when i installed them. I had full intensions of a more permanent mounting but since they worked from the go i just left them.

there prone to weather, vibrations, the cold yet have never failed to fire.
Advertisement

Old 23-02-2010, 09:24   #32
_Biggles_

Car: Forged: CP & Carillo & Cosworth, GT3076, Full Race Mani, 272 Kelfords,Inlet Plenum,ViPEC & NR Mapped
My Car
yes, random turn offs and fail to fire when its a bit nippy.....

just like OEMs

thread balancing? meh.
Old 23-02-2010, 09:30   #33
straightliner

Car: Evo 6 GSR
My Car
Fail to fire is most likely to be wiring, if they are turning off when already on then its possibly something else

Cant see how the cold would effect them especially once the car warms up but you could always try moving the ballasts around and see if that helps
Old 23-02-2010, 09:35   #34
Bonus Wullie

Car: Evo 8 - SOLD
My Car
I had a few problems my my xenonshop kit too.

First kit just stopped working. Sent back. Second kit one of the ballast was faulty. Sent back. Third kit one of the ballast ended up full of water. Sent back. Fourth kit one of the bulbs was wrong. Sent back.

Took me over 6 months to eventually get a working set from them on my car. Even now, I have 2 different ballast which fire up at different speeds which looks crap.

At first I got replies from them pretty fast. This soon diminished and I was left chasing them with unanswered PM's and emails.

I will also never buy anything from them again.

Xenonshop get their kits from HID's Direct so it's the same stuff.

www.zero-2-sixty.com
Old 23-02-2010, 10:09   #35
_Biggles_

Car: Forged: CP & Carillo & Cosworth, GT3076, Full Race Mani, 272 Kelfords,Inlet Plenum,ViPEC & NR Mapped
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightliner View Post
Fail to fire is most likely to be wiring, if they are turning off when already on then its possibly something else

Cant see how the cold would effect them especially once the car warms up but you could always try moving the ballasts around and see if that helps
yep this is why i want xenonshop to publicly answer my question. mine are located sympatheically to their needs, not in direct airflow or weather.

checked wiring a dozen times dude, its not that.

in fact, i had to reverse the polarity of my kit, it was the wrong way round for my car. connected "plug and play" nothing worked.

OEM dont fail to fire in the cold. if they did there would be complaints left right and centre to manufacturers. like my example of BMW selling into cold climates , put simply, they wouldnt be able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonus Wullie View Post
I had a few problems my my xenonshop kit too.

First kit just stopped working. Sent back. Second kit one of the ballast was faulty. Sent back. Third kit one of the ballast ended up full of water. Sent back. Fourth kit one of the bulbs was wrong. Sent back.

Took me over 6 months to eventually get a working set from them on my car. Even now, I have 2 different ballast which fire up at different speeds which looks crap.

At first I got replies from them pretty fast. This soon diminished and I was left chasing them with unanswered PM's and emails.

I will also never buy anything from them again.

Xenonshop get their kits from HID's Direct so it's the same stuff.
yeah i know this pattern wullie 4 kits to get a working system. speaks volumes.

When did you get your kit wullie, i suspect a dodgy batch as a minimum and I am one of them.

and of course each time, its tray off, bumper off pods out........for someone elses shoddy goods.

did you get a discount for all your time that was wasted? imagine if you had paid a mechanic to do this for you.
Old 23-02-2010, 10:21   #36
Razor

Car: Vorsprung durch Technik
My Car
Is XenonShop a trader on here? If so why are they not responding?
Old 23-02-2010, 10:31   #37
_Biggles_

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Is XenonShop a trader on here? If so why are they not responding?
yes they are and who the hell knows

if the question would have been answered last night, id have had this locked and it would have sunk

now several thousand people have seen the title.

ah well, thats what i call good business practice.

i was fair too. i pm'd when he was online last night, he was on for half an hour and logged out. so there was a fair chance to rectify this before all the crap......
Old 23-02-2010, 10:41   #38
Bonus Wullie

Car: Evo 8 - SOLD
My Car
Nope, recieved no discount or refund.

I bought them appox sep/oct 2008.

Yep, my car spend up to two weeks at a time sitting with the bumper off etc as i had removed and replaced it that much to get the xenon kit out, I got fed up (and worried about risk of scratching wings etc during each removal) and just left it off. Eventually the two outer brackets on my headlights cracked as I was taking them out and puting them back in so much.

www.zero-2-sixty.com
Old 23-02-2010, 11:40   #39
davie-evo4
Regional Organiser

Car: A slow yin
My Car
Sorry to hear about your service mate,does seem like a bad batch has been sent out.
I bought mine of them ages ago and have had no probs whatsoever with them,even in the cold and its been freezing up here since July.
Hope you get it sorted ok and soon.

Tony Beets.....The Legend.
Old 23-02-2010, 12:02   #40
Stevo7

Car: Evo VII No#033:
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Biggles_ View Post
thanks for that ian, doesnt help me one iota

mine havent worked right the whole time i have had them.

try this ian:

1. run for half hour
2. turn off lamps 10 secs
3. turn on lamps - both fire?
4. turn off again this time 5 mins
5. turn back on - both working?

If i do that on mine ill get:

left light fires, no right
right light fires no left
and then no lights at all

and these are 14 mths old and hardly used at all. 90% daylight driving, and in fact now 100% daylight driving
I get a similar thing....

Get in the car turn them on, only 1 will fire up
Turn off, turn on turn off, repeat as neccessary to get them both on.

I bought mine from Xenonshop alsmost 3 years ago.
The supplied kit had a problem with one of the ballasts. I got in touch, and a new one was sent (cant remember, but I'm 95% certain I had to send one back first)
I received the one of Xenonshops own car apparently, not a new one.
Worked OK fro a while, but now for ages, I can never be sure the buggers are on, unless I can see the reflection in another car.

I was going to email him and let him know.
I might do one day even though they're out of warranty!

My Feedback thread...
Old 23-02-2010, 12:50   #41
_ZS_

Car: S**tbox Mondeo
Been through more sets of HIDs than I care to mention, and the only ones I'd buy again are the MTEC ones. Cost nearly £200, but well worth it.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:58   #42
_Biggles_

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonus Wullie View Post
Nope, recieved no discount or refund.

I bought them appox sep/oct 2008.
well well, same time i bought them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie-evo4 View Post
Sorry to hear about your service mate,does seem like a bad batch has been sent out.
I bought mine of them ages ago and have had no probs whatsoever with them,even in the cold and its been freezing up here since July.
Hope you get it sorted ok and soon.
new batch improved model perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo7 View Post
I get a similar thing....

Get in the car turn them on, only 1 will fire up
Turn off, turn on turn off, repeat as neccessary to get them both on.

I bought mine from Xenonshop alsmost 3 years ago.
The supplied kit had a problem with one of the ballasts. I got in touch, and a new one was sent (cant remember, but I'm 95% certain I had to send one back first)
I received the one of Xenonshops own car apparently, not a new one.
Worked OK fro a while, but now for ages, I can never be sure the buggers are on, unless I can see the reflection in another car.

I was going to email him and let him know.
I might do one day even though they're out of warranty!
yeah i didnt think i was alone! and im forever trying to see if my lamps are running by reflection in cars, windows it shouldnt be this way.

so these kits have been sold and were not fit for purpose. or at minimum a poor manufacturing batch. i wonder how many other DOA's there were?

without member input we will never know.....

I reported mine faulty last year, IN WARRANTY, but the issue took a back seat due to personal health, death in family etc etc, hardly a priority.

now i pm to say im removing them, they are dangerous, i get the "out of warranty wriggle out" oh and the "im so good i sell to major brands story"

neither of those apply. and going by the punctuation and spelling it was written with a little red mist decending.......

ok this is fine, im out of warranty, seems that xenonshop do not understand GOODWILL GESTURES and they certainly know how to wind up their EX customers.

>>>>>>>>>>>

AND STILL WE HAVE NO TRADER ON THE THREAD
!!!!!

It is a working day today you know!!!! Ill drop you another pm now so you get an email notification........cant say im not being fair.

BUT How long do you want pal? I will bttt this thread every day, several times a day until you respond. this isnt what members expect from selected traders

Its no wonder im getting annoyed......
Old 23-02-2010, 14:25   #43
turbulance

Car: Evo IX FQ320
I'd like to say well done to Biggles for taking a stand and making me aware of there lack of customer care . Thanks
Old 23-02-2010, 15:08   #44
EwanS

Car: Tarmac Basterd II
Send a message via Yahoo to EwanS
I fitted a kit last year, and to be honest I now hate driving in the dark, I think they are total crap and the only reason they are still on the car is I am waiting for them to give up, wish I had read more prior to purchasing, but I used to run my scoob with 180 mains and 250 driving lamps - fooc king daisies were coming out at night man - Evo lights are only good with big bulbs or OEM HID's - this aftermarket guf that is sold is an embarrassment to our industry and should be stopped, point blank.....and the customer service sucks too, perhaps a course in customer appreciation should be offered without a discount....I used to buy my lighting kit from a lad at PRI Racing, but this was a good deal.....wish I had stayed with PRI to be honest, at least he was helpful after you bought your kit

you'd better decide if you're hangin on the cross or bangin in the nails!
Old 23-02-2010, 15:16   #45
Razor

Car: Vorsprung durch Technik
My Car
The practice of 'keeping silent so the thread will go away' doesn't seem to be working in this instance. Even an acknowledgement of the thread while a response is being prepared would be considered as a good first step.
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: