Lancer Register Forum banner

Red evo 7 track spec.

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Christopher 
#1 · (Edited)
I’ve been here a while, not so much these days posting but I still moderate behind the scenes a bit, always have a bit of a nosey but tend to be too busy with family life and my interests to post much here these days.

My cars been through quite a bit of a change recently. I’ve the past years after mlr sprints ended we’ve been sprinting with javelin, then last year we moved to msa events with the Longton and district motor club, running in modified production class. I did 5 events there and got the lap records, most of which have stood for years. I now hold the msa club records for Anglesey, national and international, blyton park outer and eastern and the 3 sisters. Won that championship last year which was nice. I also ran at a few time attack events but had some issues with the car a broken gearbox at one and a dodgy acd pump upsetting the car at the other.

The end of the year seen my turbo bend the shaft so we changed it and now she’s a flyer. The spec is massive, so much so I’d really struggle to remember it all. Some old timers will know the car anyway, it’s basically a stripped red 7, it’s a custom cages international cage, good bit of aero, Alcon stoppers all round, 2.3 stroker g30 770 turbo and xshift sequential. All bits in between. :blush:

It’s currently 601/615lbft and pulls the torque at 3500 so it doesn’t hang about. I’ve a rr printout from riverside racing but my tuner let off at 6k rpm as it was moving off the rollers with every strap on. I’ll not put it up here because I can’t be bothered with the discussion rr graphs start. This is just about a few recent pics not debates on figures etc.

Took it out for a little shakedown yesterday round oulton park and we managed a 1:51.17 not particularly pushing it as I was bedding the box in.

This year we were entering time attack but it’s pretty pointless now imo so I’m doing a few single round entry or rwyb. First being oulton next month. I’ll probably look at doing it fully next year now.

Pics anyway. If you have insta you can follow my progress and see the journey up to here. @oldredracing you can also find the page on Facebook at the same.

Thanks 😊

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I ran it 2019 ldmc championship, won the sprint series. Before that it was javelin mostly. Had the car msa logbooked at Anglesey. The car didn't have the aero on though. The only thing with events like that is the attendance in c3 mod prod is bad, only 2 events I had someone in my class, the rest just me so no one to go against apart from the lap records which I got in them all which is why I won. If I went back I'd be just trying to beat my times now which is pretty boring.

This was the car last year.

Attachments

#17 ·
Do you still track it or use it as a road car…or both?
Edited to add: i just saw all the pictures and it doesn't look like you would use it on the road so much!

800+ would be ridiculous!
At least you have the box to take it.
I sometimes wonder about sequential boxes, but im always put off by the supposed constant maintenance.
i say “supposed” because some people seem to have no issues and some people are pulling them out and getting them worked on quite regularly.
I wonder if its a set up issue or something else?
I couldn't be bothered with the hassle or worry about having to send the car away to get it sorted out if something went wrong with it, but it must be an event driving a big power car with one fitted.

#18 · (Edited)
Ive used it on the road a good bit to put miles on things, like engines, boxes, transfer boxes and it’s road legal to a degree but it’s not really comfortable anymore as you’d guess. I also can’t lock it anymore to security is an issue. Years ago id use it at weekends for the odd fun blast.

Sequential boxes, yeah. I’ve not had the best experience with them but I know others that have had no issues. Most of them though use Drenth. The truth is they’re the only ones worth considering From what I heard, look at what all the rally lads use.

I use this xshift which I had high hopes for but it melted a bearing and messed up this years season. They’ve rebuilt it for free so I’m preying it was a freak issue.

sequential gearboxes Really make the car though in a competition car, once you've used one you really miss it when it’s not there, it really helps with times as well in there is hardly a drop in boost when going through the gears with flatshift, you’re also good to change gear mid corner without upsetting the car (blyton park long left this is handy)

Gearbox is one of the best and worst things about it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.