Donate in Support Of Hurricane Harvey Victims, Win A Set Of MeisterR Coilovers - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 31-08-2017, 21:15   #1
Jerrick L

Exclamation Donate in Support Of Hurricane Harvey Victims, Win A Set Of MeisterR Coilovers

The team at MeisterR offer their deepest condolences to all people affected by Hurricane Harvey.
With many people killed and more than 200,000 people left homeless, the Salvation Army are doing all they can to support victims of flooding caused by America’s heaviest rainfall on record.

Right now, Salvation Army staff and volunteers are working 24/7 to help communities that have been torn apart by the storm.
However, they desperately need funds to help them offer the best support that they can to the hundreds of thousands of people affected.

The motoring community is a tight-knit one, and we pride ourselves in helping others in their time of need.
MeisterR have created a fundraising page to support the Salvation Army.
Please donate what you can: $5, $10, or $50 can help save lives.

Donate Here: https://www.gofundme.com/meisterR

We will give away a free set of MeisterR ZetaCRD / ZetaCRD+ coilovers to a random donator on September 22, 2017.

So share the news, donate and support, plus a chance for a free set of coilovers, WIN WIN.

Jerrick
Jerrick L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2017, 21:42   #2
Mick-87
Senior User

Meanwhile an estimated 40 million people have been affected by flooding across South Asia and no one gives a ****...
Mick-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mick-87 For This Useful Post:
brumevo6 (19-09-2017), Capt.Mike (31-08-2017), Evo attack (01-09-2017), Leo6072 (01-09-2017), NasEvo (01-09-2017), THE 905S (01-09-2017)
Old 31-08-2017, 23:22   #3
Jerrick L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-87 View Post
Meanwhile an estimated 40 million people have been affected by flooding across South Asia and no one gives a ****...
Living in Houston experiencing the Hurricane Harvey first hand, myself and my family can see how valuable donations are to a crisis, this is my local community.

Yes I agree, it is unfortunate re the floods in SA, being Asian myself it saddens me, my family and my business is also currently recovering from the mega Typhoon that just hit HongKong/Macau.
Right now though, help & recovery has to start at home first before you can do the same for others, right?

I hope you too have started raising money for the floods in SA just as I have for what is happening on my door step.

Many Thanks to all the people that have donated, your names will be added into prize draw!

Jerrick
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerrick L For This Useful Post:
Leo6072 (01-09-2017), NasEvo (01-09-2017), strange_days_uk (01-09-2017)
Old 31-08-2017, 23:23   #4
Capt.Mike

Car: BMW M4
My Car
Hurricane Harvey victims? Who? the ones who most likely have insurance? The ones who have jobs enabling them to rebuild their lives? I don't wish to sound heartless here but what about Bangladesh? Was it in the news? No, cos they aint 'mericans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7919006.html

I suggest you re-title the donation to Asian flood victims, who lost everything and have no-one to help them.
Old 01-09-2017, 00:55   #5
Jerrick L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Mike View Post
Hurricane Harvey victims? Who? the ones who most likely have insurance? The ones who have jobs enabling them to rebuild their lives? I don't wish to sound heartless here but what about Bangladesh? Was it in the news? No, cos they aint 'mericans.

I suggest you re-title the donation to Asian flood victims, who lost everything and have no-one to help them.
I am flabbergasted.
Thanks for your suggestion, not required.

Jerrick
Old 01-09-2017, 11:36   #6
NasEvo

Car: Evo IX FQ-340
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Mike View Post

My family originate from Bangladesh and great efforts are being made by the Bangladeshi community and although it may not be on mainstream news you'll find that Bangla news on the bangla channel is covering it.

It's sad that coverage to make people aware via mainstream news is low on their priority list and I think they could do more by covering it and and letting people know how they can help. Countries like america can easily rebuild were as people and children in Aouth Asia suffer for longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterR View Post
Living in Houston experiencing the Hurricane Harvey first hand, myself and my family can see how valuable donations are to a crisis, this is my local community.

Yes I agree, it is unfortunate re the floods in SA, being Asian myself it saddens me, my family and my business is also currently recovering from the mega Typhoon that just hit HongKong/Macau.
Right now though, help & recovery has to start at home first before you can do the same for others, right?

I hope you too have started raising money for the floods in SA just as I have for what is happening on my door step.

Many Thanks to all the people that have donated, your names will be added into prize draw!

Jerrick

Jerrick
Your doing a top job keep it up the good work and I hope your community recovers soon. When it does please don't forget there are more unfortunate people suffering with no access to medical help, shelter or food and the same goes for people in Africa. If companies like your self with good reputation rotate help to less fortunate countries it'll help to make a better world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-87 View Post
Only those with background linked to these country will give lots of ****. Give the guy some credit for helping those close to him, instead of slating give some **** to Oxfam, Unichef, save the children and i'm sure there are plenty of others that'll help make a difference in South Asia.

It's sad that when one person is trying to make a difference, they are then being slated for not helping others. The fact that they are helping shows they have a good heart and they should be appreciated.

Like myself i'm sure most people have mortgages and bills to pay and then whats left is put aside for rainy days or perhaps some car parts. This month rather than ask MGautos to do some work for me I donated the money i put aside for the work to Family in Bangladesh who are suffering and in return I'm suffering from sore fingers and greasy evenings doing the work myself which is well worth it as in my heart i know i've made a difference with that sacrifice.

We all make sacrifices but it depend on who and what the cause is and in Jerricks case he is able sacrifice some stock to help those around him as he has a connection with them.

It's up to you! Yes YOU! to decide who you wish to help... No one should judge another person heart!

Evolved Spec: 420Lb-ft/473Bhp by M.G.AUTO MOTORSPORT - Ripley
NasEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NasEvo For This Useful Post:
evobull (01-09-2017), gary evo7 (01-09-2017), THE 905S (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 13:07   #7
Capt.Mike

Car: BMW M4
My Car
Personally I couldn't give a toss if you're flabbergasted. I salute you for helping out in times of need, yes, but we shouldn't just think so close to home when around the world there are many unable to help themselves.

Just saying. We're all entitled to our opinions.

Nas Evo, nice one. I will donate something right now
Old 02-09-2017, 18:50   #8
Jerrick L

Just an update.

We have achieved over $600 in just two days, so thank you very much for any donation.

Please keep sharing, and lets beat the $5000 goal.

Jerrick
Old 02-09-2017, 18:58   #9
bazreme
ADAPT AND OVERCOME

Car: EVO 7 gsr with a few mods
My Car
Send a message via MSN to bazreme
This is a great idea Mr meister.
I stayed in Houston fir 7 months and loved every minute of it the people were so welcoming I have several friends that have been effected by this disaster I have tried to help them out as much as I can
I would not want this to happen to anybody no matter where they are in the world
Donated
bazreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 16:59   #10
Jerrick L

We have achieved $1500 from over 100 donators in 12 days.

While this fund raiser was setup to help my local community in Houston, many unfortunate have also been affected by Hurricane Irma in the Florida region.

The Salvation Army are already providing aid the Florida region, and have deploy their mobile kitchen from as far north as New Jersey to provide additional aid to Florida.

I just want to say thank you to the many donators, and I hope to raise additional fund to hit our goals in 10 more days.

We will select an random winner on the 22nd of September to receive a free set of MeisterR coilovers.

Jerrick
Old 19-09-2017, 05:35   #11
Jerrick L

Just to say we are ending the fund raiser this week and a winner will be picked for a free set of MeisterR coilovers.

So far we have raise over $1,845 from 136 donator.
I thank you for everyone generosity, and hope this will help those in need to begin their rebuilding process from Hurricane Harvey as well as Hurricane Irma.

Jerrick
Old 22-09-2017, 15:29   #12
Jerrick L

Last day everyone.
We have collected over $2,100 so quite a sum.

I will be doing a Facebook live to pick out the winners this Saturday at 6:00pm UK time.

Jerrick
Old 23-09-2017, 17:28   #13
Jerrick L

Thank you for everyone's support.

The result have been great and we raised $2,457 at the time of drawing.
About $1,500 from USA, and the remaining $950 or so from UK / Europe.
We received donation from Ireland, Portugal, Netherland, Germany, etc.

Congratulation to Mr. Philip Raymond from Dorset (UK) for winning the price draw.

The live drawing can be view on the MeisterR Facebook page.

Jerrick
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: