Lancer Register Forum banner

STICKY *** 2018 Southern Regional Meets ***

8K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  VI_Shooter 
#1 · (Edited)
*** 2018 Southern Regional Meets ***

Welcome to 2018 from your Southern RO.

Looking forward to another year of meeting up with you guys and your Evos (plus other exotic machinery).

Hope to see you soon we have a nice core of decent members down here. Once the weather gets a bit better I will be doing more .

Local 2017 meets have been at Eastney Marina, Portsdown Hill (of course, be rude not to) + Fort Nelson, Goodwood circuit cafe is another favourite venue.

Plus I will be doing some meets at Thruxton Circuit on a race day or two (not BTCC or bikes) as they were very welcoming in 2015 at the BARC finals day. I am thinking the Historic Super touring cars in June.

Feb 10th Goodwood for The South Down Rally Stages - I cannot go BUT if someone else wants to meet up I can put them in touch with the organiser.

Goodwood Circuit Supercar on track days - Saywell international and Harwoods.

First Saywell Supercars Sat March 3rd - MLR meet for that

Goodwood Breakfast Clubs (TBA dates).

Will be organising Gurston Down with South West (27th May)
Thruxton 50th Anniversary (3rd June)

Also piggy backing on other ROs meets like:

Dunsfold Wings and Wheels with Evo/Nut (25th August).
RIAT Fairford (July)

Of course will be doing the MLR stands at:

JDM Castle Combe (2nd June)
Rally Day at Castle Combe (22nd September)

With driving up together (can't use the word Convoy) encouraged.

I also do a lot of Motorsport at Weekends (Snapper) so I can be found at various tracks during the season.

2018 Goodwood Breakfast Club dates and themes announced

06 MAY: Britain v USA: Transatlantic Sunday

03 JUNE: Supercar Sunday

05 AUGUST: Classic Car Sunday

07 OCTOBER: Japanese Sunday

04 NOVEMBER: VOTE! Vee-Power Sunday or Hot Hatch Sunday?

Again welcome to 2018

Ian

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
MLR Meet Saturday 3rd March - Goodwood Circuit - Saywell Supercars on-track

Fancy some Supercar Action on Saturday March 3rd - meet up for a morning of FREE entertainment on track and lancer chat off it :smthumbup

Details to follow and separate meet thread of course.

Attachments

#15 ·
Goodwood Breakfast Club 2018

2018 Goodwood Breakfast Club dates and themes announced

18 April 2018

Goodwood is pleased to announce the dates and themes for the ever-popular Goodwood Breakfast Clubs for 2018:

06 MAY: Britain v USA: Transatlantic Sunday

Opening our 2018 Breakfast Club season with a battle between two of the world's motoring powerhouses. Which will you pick as the best? Some refined British beauties or brutal American muscle? Come along to Breakfast Club and then logon and vote to let us know which side won!

03 JUNE: Supercar Sunday

Celebrating the pinnacles of automotive engineering - the supercars and hypercars of the world, as well as high-performance exotica of all varieties. Supercar Sunday aims to bring together some of the greatest cars the world has ever seen.

05 AUGUST: Classic Car Sunday

Celebrating the heyday of motoring, Classic Car Sunday will welcome cars of all types, shapes and speeds - as long as they were built before 1978. We aim to fill the motor circuit with tax-exempt cars and bikes just a few weeks before the Revival gets underway and there'll be a special Aston Martin celebration too.

07 OCTOBER: Japanese Sunday

A feast of JDM goodness, for all those whose automotive love come with a Rising Sun flavour. Expect some of the greats of far eastern motoring on both two wheels and four from Honda to Lexus, Mazda to Subaru and beyond!

04 NOVEMBER: VOTE! Vee-Power Sunday or Hot Hatch Sunday?

For the first-time ever we want YOU to decide which theme for our last event of the year. When voting opens you'll need to decide between a return for the big vee-powered cars and bikes of Vee-Power Sunday or the small-yet-mighty nutters of Hot Hatch Sunday. We'll announce how to vote soon!

#17 ·
Bank Holiday Southern Meet May 7th

Anyone up for a Meet on Bank Holiday Monday May 7th?

Goodwood Circuit? Think there is a Jag driver track day too.

Be nice to have some dry weather!

#20 ·
Goodwood Circuit - Sat 7th July

Next local meet Goodwood Circuit AM only for the Harwoods Track day. usually get some exotics on track like Saywell Supercars :smthumbup

#24 ·
Goodwood - Saywell Supercars - Sat 28th July MORNING

Goodwood - Saywell Supercars - Sat 28th July MORNING

Anyone up for a meet at Goodwood circuit for Saywell Supercars?

Cloud Sky Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

#30 ·
Nice Sean. I had 7 cars turn up for the Saywell.

I am off to Dunsfold Wings and Wheels to see Dan (evo/nut) and the saarf lundon guys this Saturday 25th. Probably be able to do something the weekend after maybe? Sun 2nd? Not at Goodwood because they will be in Revival build up mode.

#32 ·
Japanese Sunday Oct 7th

Sushi Sunday at Goodwood! 7th October:

https://www.goodwood.com/sports/motorsport/breakfast-club/

This got cancelled last year by Goodwood because of the mud for public parking!

SO let's put on a decent show in 2018.

YOU NEED TO REGISTER YOUR CAR (for free) ASAP

https://ticketing.goodwood.com/Page...=306dO/OS7tPKCWFFiobHmXU9xmUhJ57OCob+3iX8hb4=

I know a lot of you registered your cars last year and were disappointed having been accepted. 2018 should be good and your cars will all be stored already :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.