F80 m3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 26-12-2018, 13:42   #1
Cyberstaff
Been here a while now....

My Car
F80 m3

Any one had any experience with an F80 M3?
Currently looking to purchase a new car and think we have decided on an M3, it will predominantly my wife's daily.

looking at peoples opinions, reviews if anyone can help.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyberstaff; 26-12-2018 at 14:11..
Cyberstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-2018, 14:54   #2
willox
Senior User

My Car
Nice looking car and very quick.like everything else out there they have there downsides.wouldnt complain to have one for a daily
willox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 15:01   #3
Gg3001
Senior User

My Car
Great cars. Good time to buy used, the market is flooded with them and M4s, great deals to be had. My friend picked up and M4 loaded inc carbon ceramics 15k miles for 40k, bargain!
Gg3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 15:21   #4
Ross W
Ross Sport

Car: 8.75 @ 163
Send a message via MSN to Ross W
Awesome cars, quite sporty as a daily and quite thirsty but if you dont mind having a car thats quite focused they are great fun & great on track as well.

Huge range of Standard Evo & Tuning parts available next day delivery @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tel: 01945-580066 / eMail
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ross W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 18:24   #5
Cyberstaff

My Car
So I've now been out in one for a test drive, chuff me they are tail happy, dread to think what its like in the wet!

Coming off an island i put my foot down slightly later than i would in my evo and out she stepped Fantastic car, hard ride but think I will be going for one in the next few weeks, looking around for the right spec/price/deal. Unfortunately my local bmw dealer are not prepared to do a deal on the one i test drove so they will miss out on a sale and i will be traveling up country.
Old 06-01-2019, 19:42   #6
Rampant
Profound thinker

Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
I've had one for 6 months and 4,500 miles. Absolutely brilliant car but the one downside is that it just can't put the power down.
So I now have a 3rd car as a direct consequence. My fresh import Evo 6...

May I suggest that you also look at the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
In truth I would have preferred one, but no dealers within one hours travel from me and the BMW place is 15 minutes away. Quadrifoglio has proper torque vectoring rear differential, not just an electronic locking differential like the M3.

Any more questions just ask away...

Cheerz

Mark H

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rampant For This Useful Post:
M3 ROB (06-01-2019), Mita (06-01-2019), octainejunkee (07-01-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 22:33   #7
W17NNY
Keep er lit!

Car: X RS, 991.1 GT3
My Car
Had one for 2 year, as Rampant said struggle to get power down on anything but dry tar but really rewarding car to drive, had mine round the Nurburgring was really good. Also has the Ceramic brakes which are good and look the part.

Lovely daily driver.

Slow down Tinkerbell, you'll never sing the same if your teeth aint your own.
W17NNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48   #8
Rampant
Profound thinker

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross W View Post
Awesome cars, quite sporty as a daily and quite thirsty but if you dont mind having a car thats quite focused they are great fun & great on track as well.
Regarding the "quite thirsty" part - I don't do normal cars - For the past 12 or more years I've only ever owned cars that return less than 20 mpg.

This F80 is weird - there must be some witchcraft going on - because I'm averaging 22mpg, driving in the same way as I drive my other cars, which means never, *ever* just pootling around, so I'm really impressed that a pretty heavy, not particularly aerodynamic, 450bhp car can sip fuel so efficiently.

Yours Aye

Mark H

Old 07-01-2019, 16:44   #9
Ross W
Ross Sport

Car: 8.75 @ 163
Send a message via MSN to Ross W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Regarding the "quite thirsty" part - I don't do normal cars - For the past 12 or more years I've only ever owned cars that return less than 20 mpg.

This F80 is weird - there must be some witchcraft going on - because I'm averaging 22mpg, driving in the same way as I drive my other cars, which means never, *ever* just pootling around, so I'm really impressed that a pretty heavy, not particularly aerodynamic, 450bhp car can sip fuel so efficiently.

Yours Aye

Mark H
You need to try a but harder then lol

Huge range of Standard Evo & Tuning parts available next day delivery @

Tel: 01945-580066 / eMail
Ross W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 16:55   #10
Cyberstaff

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
I've had one for 6 months and 4,500 miles. Absolutely brilliant car but the one downside is that it just can't put the power down.
So I now have a 3rd car as a direct consequence. My fresh import Evo 6...

May I suggest that you also look at the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
In truth I would have preferred one, but no dealers within one hours travel from me and the BMW place is 15 minutes away. Quadrifoglio has proper torque vectoring rear differential, not just an electronic locking differential like the M3.

Any more questions just ask away...

Cheerz

Mark H
Im pretty sure we will end up with one as the wife's daily, I've just never had a powerful rear wheel drive car so just need to get used to it and drive it accordingly.
Ive been told i should see around 25mpg with possible 32-35 on a run? (obviously driving sensible)

I did consider the Alfa but our nearest dealer is an hour and a half away so that has put me off, also i do like the build quality of the bmw.

I take it you have a comp pack car? Is it ok to live with as a daily?
Old 07-01-2019, 20:16   #11
Rampant
Profound thinker

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberstaff View Post
Im pretty sure we will end up with one as the wife's daily, I've just never had a powerful rear wheel drive car so just need to get used to it and drive it accordingly.
Ive been told i should see around 25mpg with possible 32-35 on a run? (obviously driving sensible)

I did consider the Alfa but our nearest dealer is an hour and a half away so that has put me off, also i do like the build quality of the bmw.

I take it you have a comp pack car? Is it ok to live with as a daily?
It's great as a daily, but then I used to daily my mildly modified Evo IX... so my opinion may be slightly different to the rank and file. As I said - I don't do normal cars.

All the best

Mark H

The Following User Says Thank You to Rampant For This Useful Post:
Cyberstaff (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 21:13   #12
octainejunkee
Senior User

Car: M.A.D tuned vii 425bhp-sold.viii gsr M.A.D tuned-sold. 6gsr class A sprint car -dynotech mapped
My Car
Great cars.
Get the M3 competition with the MPerformance titanium exhaust for the best experience.
With regards to tail out antics, they do step out very easily but winter tyres fix alot of it in the winter and decent summer rubber helps in the summer.
Ive had Ross @Rossport work his magic with a remap and some gts coding and its now a very fast daily that can return 30mpg if driven by the mrs or 16mpg if im using it for daily duties... or driving to the track..

I also found the Alfa Quadrifiglio to be a better car in every way but couldnt be doing with the delearships and the thought of being given a crappy alfa mito courtesy car when it went wrong..

Enjoy your search, if you are buying from a main dealer id advise calling around the other BMW dealerships and doing your own chasing up. I was waiting months for my local one to hook me up with a deal and eventually found one miles away that i managed to get delivered to my local one having left a deposit.. The salesman arent all commision driven..

cheers Jamie

Last edited by octainejunkee; 07-01-2019 at 21:15..
octainejunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octainejunkee For This Useful Post:
Cyberstaff (07-01-2019)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: