Model Differences / Specifications - Page 16 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 153 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 05:41   #226
dimitrisviii

Car: viii ohlins/ap racing 6/4pot oem ecu,launch control,pops&bangs,flat shift,valet mode,2 maps,hks 264
is this right?

Evo IX MR RS – As IX MR plus:
• RS Front Diff Set Up

is there any difference at front diff at ix mr rs?
dimitrisviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-08-2017, 14:42   #227
Jungle1986

Question EVO 7 badged FQ300 no carbon dash....

I am new to the EVO world and after some hunting a bought myself a really nice discreet yellow E7.

Well looked after and clean throughout. I am confused to its history though, its definitely a UK car as it was registered here from new and has a 9 stamp Ralliart Service History from 860miles.

I have searched the forum for spec etc and based on the information on this particular thread it should have a number of aesthetic features the car doesn't have.

If anyone could give me a history lesson that would be great!!!

Thanks
Jungle1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 18:25   #228
youngsyr

Car: Evo VIII FQ 330 Sold, now in a BMW M3 (V8)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle1986 View Post
I am new to the EVO world and after some hunting a bought myself a really nice discreet yellow E7.

Well looked after and clean throughout. I am confused to its history though, its definitely a UK car as it was registered here from new and has a 9 stamp Ralliart Service History from 860miles.

I have searched the forum for spec etc and based on the information on this particular thread it should have a number of aesthetic features the car doesn't have.

If anyone could give me a history lesson that would be great!!!

Thanks
Welcome!

What are the features you were expecting to have that it's missing?

Does your car have electric folding wing mirrors and/or a rear wiper?

If you post up some pictures people will be sure to help and get to the bottom of exactly which car you have.
youngsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:05   #229
Jungle1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsyr View Post
Welcome!

What are the features you were expecting to have that it's missing?

Does your car have electric folding wing mirrors and/or a rear wiper?

If you post up some pictures people will be sure to help and get to the bottom of exactly which car you have.
Thank you for the welcome. Apologies for taking so long to come back to you and I'll get pics up soon.

So it has the rear wiper, the folding mirrors and fog light in the rear window. It has an FQ-300 badge on the boot lid buts that where the listed features on this thread stop.

No carbon dash or inserts in rear spoiler, no plaque in front of the gearstick.
I used the vin plate under the slam panel to recognise that its a GSR but its a UK car from "new" according to DVLA. No import notice against it.

I have read things about Extreme importing cars instead of Mitsubishi? Could it have been brought in from new?
Old 04-09-2017, 18:46   #230
youngsyr

My Car
Quote:
Thank you for the welcome. Apologies for taking so long to come back to you and I'll get pics up soon.

So it has the rear wiper, the folding mirrors and fog light in the rear window. It has an FQ-300 badge on the boot lid buts that where the listed features on this thread stop.

No carbon dash or inserts in rear spoiler, no plaque in front of the gearstick.
I used the vin plate under the slam panel to recognise that its a GSR but its a UK car from "new" according to DVLA. No import notice against it.

I have read things about Extreme importing cars instead of Mitsubishi? Could it have been brought in from new?
We're going back nearly 20 years here and way before my Evo ownership, so take the following as little more than hearsay!

Up to the Evo VI, you couldn't buy an Evo new in the UK from a Mitsubishi dealer, you had to buy a grey import which had first been sold by Mitsubishi in Japan and was then shipped to the UK. Extreme was the main source for these grey imports and had an official relationship with Mitsubishi to do the importing and conversions to make the Evos UK road legal (add foglights and an MPH speedo, etc).

With the release of Evo VII, the relationship started to become more formal, with a new company (Colt Car Company) teaming up with Mitsubishi UK to import and sell some of the Evos through the Mitsubishi dealership network, but as with everything Mitsubishi, this wasn't a clean line between say Evo VI = grey import and Evo VII = UK available, it happened in stages, with some backwards steps.

By the time of the Evo VIII FQ-330 (about 2003) Evos were available new from UK dealers (with UK models being designated FQ-XXX).

So, that's a long way of saying, your Evo VII might have been a grey import, might have been imported by Extreme or may even have been an official UK Evo VII.

It does sound like it's a VII GSR though as it has the folding mirrors and rear windscreen wiper, which would make me suspect that it was a grey import (as most of the official UK VII cars were based on the RSII model, with no folding mirrors or rear wiper).

What makes you sure it was first registered in the UK?

Last edited by youngsyr; 04-09-2017 at 18:48..
Old 07-09-2017, 07:22   #231
Jungle1986

Quote:
We're going back nearly 20 years here and way before my Evo ownership, so take the following as little more than hearsay!

Up to the Evo VI, you couldn't buy an Evo new in the UK from a Mitsubishi dealer, you had to buy a grey import which had first been sold by Mitsubishi in Japan and was then shipped to the UK. Extreme was the main source for these grey imports and had an official relationship with Mitsubishi to do the importing and conversions to make the Evos UK road legal (add foglights and an MPH speedo, etc).

With the release of Evo VII, the relationship started to become more formal, with a new company (Colt Car Company) teaming up with Mitsubishi UK to import and sell some of the Evos through the Mitsubishi dealership network, but as with everything Mitsubishi, this wasn't a clean line between say Evo VI = grey import and Evo VII = UK available, it happened in stages, with some backwards steps.

By the time of the Evo VIII FQ-330 (about 2003) Evos were available new from UK dealers (with UK models being designated FQ-XXX).

So, that's a long way of saying, your Evo VII might have been a grey import, might have been imported by Extreme or may even have been an official UK Evo VII.

It does sound like it's a VII GSR though as it has the folding mirrors and rear windscreen wiper, which would make me suspect that it was a grey import (as most of the official UK VII cars were based on the RSII model, with no folding mirrors or rear wiper).

What makes you sure it was first registered in the UK?
Thats so amazing info thanks!

The V5 document has its as neither being imported or exported and any Experian car check is the same. That's really the only thing I'm going on other than it only 800miles on it at its first service.
Old 07-09-2017, 18:52   #232
youngsyr

My Car
Quote:
Thats so amazing info thanks!

The V5 document has its as neither being imported or exported and any Experian car check is the same. That's really the only thing I'm going on other than it only 800miles on it at its first service.
Interesting, when was it first registered?

Does it have a sticker for the "m" of "mph" on the speedo, or does the "mph" sit totally flush (printed on) the speedo?

In any case, your car is a JDM GSR based model, due to the rear wiper and folding mirrors. Most of the UKDM VII FQ-300s didn't have these, but as above, there are no hard and fast rules during that period.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:23   #233
Jungle1986

Quote:
Interesting, when was it first registered?

Does it have a sticker for the "m" of "mph" on the speedo, or does the "mph" sit totally flush (printed on) the speedo?

In any case, your car is a JDM GSR based model, due to the rear wiper and folding mirrors. Most of the UKDM VII FQ-300s didn't have these, but as above, there are no hard and fast rules during that period.
It was first registered October 2001

It has a "MPH" as complete sticker the M is not a separate one. I love how there can be so many varied versions of these cars out there with such differing histories.

Thanks for all your info.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:05   #234
youngsyr

My Car
Quote:
It was first registered October 2001

It has a "MPH" as complete sticker the M is not a separate one. I love how there can be so many varied versions of these cars out there with such differing histories.

Thanks for all your info.
Seems like you may have a very unusual model - if the "mph" is a sticker on the speedo and isn't printed flush on it, then your car almost definitely started life as a GSR model in Japan.

That would mean it's either a very unusual official GSR import (possibly rebadged as an FQ-300) or a grey import.

Does it have a number plaque anywhere?

I would be very interested in seeing pictures of the speedo, passenger dash panel, wing mirror control switch, gear stick surround, rear wiper and rear lights and bumper, if you have time to post them?

Last edited by youngsyr; 19-09-2017 at 10:06..
Old 21-08-2019, 08:03   #235
Roman855

Car: Honda Civic
This post is so informative and helpful for me.
Roman855 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roman855 For This Useful Post:
youngsyr (21-08-2019)
Old 15-09-2019, 06:47   #236
Denial

Nice
Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 19:47   #237
GTR30two

Nice bit of info! Just a bit of correction though. The Evo 7.5 and Evo 9 GT-A aren’t detuned¯. They just have a bit smaller turbo for added response. They’re only like 7 hp lesser than gsr models.

Last edited by GTR30two; 16-09-2019 at 19:52..
GTR30two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 18:20   #238
kawkaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyk View Post
I use the technical manuals for my info not the brochures.

Brochures are glossy magazines full of marketing information and are to give an idea of technical things. If you see what I mean.

PM me your email address I will fire over the Dafont Showbox Adam4adam MR supplement to you.

Cheers

Mike
I have a "normal" GSR and i would to transform in the ralliart version but i don't know which mods i have to perform...

Last edited by kawkaty; 09-10-2019 at 19:30..
kawkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 21:15   #239
mlau1294
Senior User

Car: Blue Evo 9 (470/465), White 6RS (350/340) & Black Lancer GSR Ralliart Sportback (300/310)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkaty View Post
I have a "normal" GSR and i would to transform in the ralliart version but i don't know which mods i have to perform...
If you're saying you have a standard Ralliart Sportback then it's easy to mod to around 300/300:

Remap only can give you both a decent increase in both bhp and torque, but I would probably recommend changing to the following as well:

Evo X intercooler
Evo X BOV
Evo X upper hardpipe (HKS version)
3-port
HKS panel filter

As already mentioned, you can just get a remap but replacing to the above will definitely help towards gaining better power and torque overall.

I'd also suggest you replace the fuel pump relays to the newer versions, as well as looking at the timing chain (with the idea of replacing if it has stretched).

Also at the same time as a remap have super-sport flashed in too as it will help reduce wear on the gearbox with the added power you'll have.

Finally think about upgrading the brakes since these cars are quite heavy and you'll be upping power by around 30%, so at least decent pads, braided lines and decent fluid.

My Ralliart is currently 300/310 and is a much better car to drive with all of the above changed
mlau1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: