Evo X engine for spares - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Engine / Turbo

Old 14-06-2017, 12:09   #1
Bairdy

Evo X engine for spares

Hi!
Just had the bad news that my EVO X 330SST engine needs to be replaced (bottom end failure). Would anyone be interested in my 'old' engine for parts? It has done 60,000 miles and has always been well looked after.
Let me know if you think you (or someone else) maybe interested.
Cheers
Steve
Bairdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-2017, 12:11   #2
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
You'll probably find this gets removed as you have to be a paid up member to sell on here. What did the engine fail for and what kind of price do you have in mind? Also location, all questions that will get asked

Stu

Evo 4-6 left over parts for sale
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 13:16   #3
Bairdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
You'll probably find this gets removed as you have to be a paid up member to sell on here. What did the engine fail for and what kind of price do you have in mind? Also location, all questions that will get asked

Stu
Ah. Sorry - a newbie! I guess I'm not really 'selling' as such, but I'm just looking to see if there is a market for it as I have a choice of fixing the old engine or buying a new engine. It would be good to know if people actually want a 60000 mile engine for spares. If so, I will probably get a new one and sell on the old. If not, I may as well fix the old one! It is currently at the shop in Aylesbury. It looks like it failed on crank shaft bearings but the full extent of the damage is not yet known.
Thanks
Steve
Bairdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-2017, 14:06   #4
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairdy View Post
Ah. Sorry - a newbie! I guess I'm not really 'selling' as such, but I'm just looking to see if there is a market for it as I have a choice of fixing the old engine or buying a new engine. It would be good to know if people actually want a 60000 mile engine for spares. If so, I will probably get a new one and sell on the old. If not, I may as well fix the old one! It is currently at the shop in Aylesbury. It looks like it failed on crank shaft bearings but the full extent of the damage is not yet known.
Thanks
Steve
Ok, i'd have thought assuming there is no damage to the block itself, then yes it definitely has a value, but rate for a X block, i've no idea

Simplest answer is sell the block and fit a complete second hand engine, but i'd seriously consider rebuilding yours with forged parts, may work out a little more, but will add to the cars value if/when you sell, or be a good base for power upgrades in the future if you want too

Stu

Evo 4-6 left over parts for sale
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stu8 For This Useful Post:
Mita (14-06-2017)
Old 15-06-2017, 11:35   #5
greg_x_rs

Car: Evo x rs JDM / Golf mk6 gti / golf mk1 20vt track car ( my baby...)
i have emailed you regarding this.
greg_x_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: