Need help with X FQ400 OEM partnumbers. - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 07-07-2016, 17:30   #1
Kyoichi

Need help with X FQ400 OEM partnumbers.

Before I get started, I want to let you know that here in Austria we have very strict laws regarding vehicle modifications, especially body parts and performance parts. Even if you just buy a new set of wheels with the same size, if the offset is just 1mm different that means basically the car isn't roadlegal anymore. So the easiest part to get vehicle modifications is, if the parts are TÜV approved or have some sort of ECE approval (which must be for this exact car make and model). If those parts don't have those, you are mostly screwed or you have to plan it very carefully and pay a lot of money to get it approved by the TÜV. Now it took me almost one year to plan this out with the help and cooperation of an TÜV inspector. Because the worst part that could happen is, that you spend a ton of money and in the end it won't get approved.

So in July 2015 I bought a full FQ400 bodykit from Rosssport. After discussing with him the details what I need in order to get it approved. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. Basically all the parts had to have the OEM Part numbers on them and also I needed an OEM FQ400 brochure for the inspector. He promised me that he will add some plaques with the partnumbers on the parts and also get me an brochure. I payed the full sum in advance, what I normally wouldn't do. Especially not such an huge amount. But I read only good things about Rosssport, and after some research I come to the conclusion that this firm should be trustworthy.

2 months passed and nothing happened, I always asked for updates and that he please should not forget about the plaques and brochure. He always wrote back very quickly and also promised me a gift for the delay. Since it was a large order I was patient and I could understand that it took longer.

So after 3 months it finally arrived. I was very happy, but after I checked the contents, guess what. No plaques, no brochure and no gift. So I asked him what about those.. He told me that there was a problem with the badges, but he will sent them to me later. Since I wasn't going to install the body kit right away I was ok with that. Actually it was planned for spring 2016, I also told him that.

So in May 2016 I finally received an email. He asked about my shipping address, because the packages was returned to them, although it was the correct address. But he will resent it again with UPS after they get it back. That was 2 months ago.

Well and now we have summer. And still nothing. I mailed him 100 times and I also told him I was willing to pay him the shipping costs if he wanted to. But Still nothing. This week I told him that if he can't send it to me or whatever the least thing he could do is to give me the original partnumbers so I could do the job myself, but I also didn't even get an answer...
I always was very clam because I know that **** happens. I also told him that. I dont know why its so hard to communicate with your customer. If something goes off the road, the least thing you could do tell them, but just nothing is very disrespectful and not a professional behaviour.

So guys, and now I'm sitting here very frustrated as you can guess. I don't know what to do anymore. Spent a lot of money on a now useless body kit, months of planning that were just a waste of time. And the worst part: an Evo X FQ400 sitting in the garage that I could not drive anymore because it's not road legal. what an expensive piece of dustcollector... and just because of this little thing missing.

I really don't care about the plaques, brochure or gift anymore. I just want the partnumbers. Now If any of you could help me with this. It would be a huge help. If someone would be so nice and could tell me the OEM partnumbers of the FQ400 body parts. I'm also willing to work out a little thank-you for you. Than I could make those plaques/badges myself and I could finally get it TÜV approved. It would be awesome if I could drive my car at least once this year..

TL;DR: Was promised to get plaques attached on the bodyparts with FQ400 partnumbers by Rosssport. Kit was delivered without plaques. A year passed and still nothing. So far wasted a lot time and money for nothing. And now I'm looking for OEM FQ400 Partnumbers to get the job done by myself so I can get the car TÜV approved/roadlegal again.

Last edited by Kyoichi; 08-07-2016 at 11:00..
Kyoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016, 18:05   #2
Bedmonster
Senior User

Will they have Mitsubishi part numbers? They were made for Mitsubishi UK and are a slightly altered Test & Service kit.
Bedmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:12   #3
Kyoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedmonster View Post
Will they have Mitsubishi part numbers? They were made for Mitsubishi UK and are a slightly altered Test & Service kit.
Yes, FQ Parts normally start with SR. For instance, the FQ 400 Alcon Breakkit is SR012069. I searched the web for it but nothing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2016, 16:28   #4
bobbyg
User

Car: Evo X RS 500 BHP
My Car
Have you tried emailing/phoning DSG Performance in the US for help?

They stocked the full FQ400 bodykit. They do have some part numbers listed on their site, although maybe not the original Mitsubishi part numbers,

www.dsgperformance.com/FQ400
bobbyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 17:14   #5
Kyoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
Have you tried emailing/phoning DSG Performance in the US for help?

They stocked the full FQ400 bodykit. They do have some part numbers listed on their site, although maybe not the original Mitsubishi part numbers,

www.dsgperformance.com/FQ400
Nope thanks, maybe I try. Actually I got an email from Callum last friday. He said that ross is ill, and he will check it for me but haven't heard anything yet -.-
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: