Lancer Register Forum banner

Wanted, Evo ix FQ360MR

7K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  Baileyk 
#1 ·
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster - I trust it isn't bad for to register and then head straight to the marketplace for a first post, but I am a desperate man!

I have had zero joy with cars recently. I've been looking for a nice clean Evo for a long time but couldn't find the right car at the right price, and eventually gave up and bought a e92 M3... which lasted 3 days until a lorry wrote it off. Back to the drawing board and hunting out the perfect evo again. I finally thought I had found the car on Autotrader - a FQ360MR with reasonable miles, but having struggled to get a response for a couple of weeks and doing a good bit of chasing apparently the car is now sold as of tonight (possibly to somebody on here??)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...early New&onesearchad=New&model=LANCER&page=1

Anyway, I figured a wanted thread on here is what is required (after all this is where all the best evos hang out!).

Ideally I am looking a pristine Evo FQ360 MR in grey, white or red, with sub 40,000 miles, but I realise that these are rare so I would also consider any Evo 9 or 8MR with those miles and a sensible / discrete tune carried out by somebody reputable. Also like 5s and 6s, but they would have to be special.

I've seen the low mile minters sitting at £30k+ and the rusty / body-kitted / cheaply tuned cars for £17k. What I am struggling to find is a reasonably priced, great condition car, but one that's not a museum piece.

To help explain what i am after, I work quite far from home and have got sick of putting big miles on decent cars. I've now leased a qashqai :)rotz:) for the daily slog and need something fun to pull out of the garage for the odd sunny evening drive over the summer.

If anybody is thinking of selling up now the summer is over, or knows of anybody selling, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

PS I see #213 (as per the autotrader add) isn't on the FQ360MR list yet!

See less See more
#4 ·
Off subject slightly but how did u find the m3 in the 3 days you had it? I got mine 6 months ago and love it but can’t help feeling there’s something missing! For what it’s worth I’ve come from an 8mr and then a 9 GT. Glad your ok after the accident! :smthumbup

#5 ·
Off subject slightly but how did u find the m3 in the 3 days you had it? I got mine 6 months ago and love it but can't help feeling there's something missing! For what it's worth I've come from an 8mr and then a 9 GT. Glad your ok after the accident! :smthumbup
I did love it, and I would even consider another if I can't find the right evo.

The highlight by a mile was the V8, which was a masterpiece. The noise it made when pushed on was glorious, but it provoked you into driving far too fast just to hear the high rpm.

It was also fairly practical and apart from one or two bits of preventative maintenance should have been pretty reliable (considering the performance).

The handling was a funny one for me - on nice good smooth roads it was really good and you could really push on (again up to silly speeds), but I live in the countryside in Northern Ireland, and the roads round me are not so perfect. I found that it struggled to cope with uneven surfaces and it wasn't possible to enjoy the performance that the car has. Mine also had some carbon trim which would rub if the car bottomed out, so at times even along straights I found myself standing on the brakes to slow for pretty small bumps and dips.

For the money I don't think it's possible to get a better 4-seat car with such performance but it's not exactly what I am after. It struck me as being similar to why i wouldn't really want a super-car - good fun on A-roads at 100mph+, but I am looking something that is fun to blast down a twisty back-road at 50mph+.

Also I just wanted an evo, and couldn't help but think I would wish I had scratched that itch every time I seen one.

#20 · (Edited)
We find the price ranges are

15k-20k - 70,000+ miles or be in poor condition
20-25k - 40-70,000 Miles in Average condition
25k-30k - 25-40,000 Miles in Average/good condition
30k+ - up to 25,000 very good to amazing condition.

Obviously there will be the odd car that doesn't fit in, like a 40,000 mile car that looks like it was on board the titanic, or a 50,000 mile car that has been cherished. Cars that have had restoration work will command more money.

Colour makes a difference - white and grey will command £2,000+ over red and silver.

Limited embroidered trim will add around £500-£1,000

Point to note is that these cars have held money very well for the last 5 years. So owners are in no rush to sell as they are not a depreciating asset, however the flip side of the coin, is if you buy a nice example that doesn't cost a fortune in repairs or maintenance, you should be far better off than buying the equivalent modern car.

#23 ·
How on earth hasn't the Evo 9 360 MR at Kirkham not sold?

It's been on the market 6 months!!
It's a lot of money for something to throw up a back-road sideways.

If it was £6k less I'd bite their arm off for it, but even if it was brand new I don't think that I would stretch to the £36k they're asking.

I presumed it was a bit of a kite flying exercise and they're in no rush to sell it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.