Lancer Register Forum banner

evo v start issues

549 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  edbowles86 
#1 ·
Hi all

Just a query I've got with starting my car. It has a cobra immobiliser on and sometimes when unlocking the car, turning the key will only turn the electrics on and the car will not even attempt to crank. Sometimes it will take up to 4 or 5 goes of locking, unlocking and trying again before the car decides to start. Other times, it will start just fine straight away.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening? Is it likely to be the car or the immobiliser? Is there an obvious way to check?

The battery was brand new last Christmas.

Thanks
Ed

#3 ·
Mine has the same issue right now.. I've tried everything, I was thinking it was my starter motor and have just ordered a new one but after testing the old one it seems to be working. The car just won't start anymore. Even with a new battery. Mine has the original immobilizer that came with the car. I don't even have the original keys for the car just steel ones. I was thinking it could be an immobilizer issue but at this stage, I am not sure. Be interesting to see what yours turns out to be. I just have to bump start mine if I want to go out in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.