Touch up pens - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Bodywork / Detailing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 19:00   #1
stevebt
Senior User
 
stevebt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Car
Posts: 1,441
Touch up pens

Is there anywhere I can get a touch up pen for Reims blue.
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2019, 19:58   #2
Leo6072
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
My Car
Posts: 2,761
Www. motornuts.co.uk

Last edited by Leo6072; 12-07-2019 at 20:00.. Reason: Phone number
Leo6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 20:00   #3
Leo6072
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
My Car
Posts: 2,761
01254778255👍
Leo6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 13-07-2019, 14:25   #4
war-machine
Senior User
 
war-machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: uxbridge
Car: evo 7 rs
Posts: 1,259
i know halfords do a touch up for scotia white ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
war-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 15:10   #5
stevebt
Senior User
 
stevebt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Car
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by war-machine View Post
i know halfords do a touch up for scotia white ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will call in and ask, doing a search on the web you can get one for a mirage with a same paint code ?
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 07:00   #6
Rampant
Profound thinker
 
Rampant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orbit pattern - Low block 3
Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
Posts: 6,137
There's a motor factors local to me that mix paint sticks and spray cans to order. I am really impressed by their paint stick because as well as the obligatory brush attached to the inside of the screw cap (rubbish) it has a *tiny* metal nib as well, reminds me of a draughtsman pen - it has a diameter of roughly 0.5mm, maybe even less. The paint can be squeezed out in very controlled tiny amounts. Sell for £9 plus VAT.

Perhaps you'll find a similar place near you?

Alternatively... If you're interested I can pick one up for you and send it over next time I'm in that vicinity.

Slŗinte Mhath

Mark H
__________________
Je cherche l'orgasme d'auto
J'ai trouve l'orgasme d'auto
C'est une evo VI bleu par le Rountree

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rampant For This Useful Post:
Ads9 (14-07-2019), stevebt (14-07-2019)
Old 14-07-2019, 10:11   #7
Ads9
Senior User
 
Ads9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gatwick
Car: EVO IX FQ320, Honda Fireblade & Nissan Navara
My Car
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
There's a motor factors local to me that mix paint sticks and spray cans to order. I am really impressed by their paint stick because as well as the obligatory brush attached to the inside of the screw cap (rubbish) it has a *tiny* metal nib as well, reminds me of a draughtsman pen - it has a diameter of roughly 0.5mm, maybe even less. The paint can be squeezed out in very controlled tiny amounts. Sell for £9 plus VAT.

Perhaps you'll find a similar place near you?

Alternatively... If you're interested I can pick one up for you and send it over next time I'm in that vicinity.

Slŗinte Mhath

Mark H
Not seen that before, may have to ask if youíll take orders!

Iíll start with 1x T70 Electric Blue
Ads9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 13:31   #8
Rampant
Profound thinker
 
Rampant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orbit pattern - Low block 3
Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
Posts: 6,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads9 View Post
Not seen that before, may have to ask if youíll take orders!

Iíll start with 1x T70 Electric Blue

Serious point - I could do that next time I'm going to be passing that area, no problems, if your really wanted me to acquire one and post it on?

Let me know

I'll try posting a picture of what I mean, first, though...
__________________
Je cherche l'orgasme d'auto
J'ai trouve l'orgasme d'auto
C'est une evo VI bleu par le Rountree

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 06:50   #9
madmatt
Senior User
 
madmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 518
I would be interested as well. I had in mind this: https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch...ssion-red-r71/

Not sure tho.
madmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 07:38   #10
Ads9
Senior User
 
Ads9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gatwick
Car: EVO IX FQ320, Honda Fireblade & Nissan Navara
My Car
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Serious point - I could do that next time I'm going to be passing that area, no problems, if your really wanted me to acquire one and post it on?

Let me know

I'll try posting a picture of what I mean, first, though...
Yes, why not, if you don't mind getting it. Might be cheeky and also ask for a grey one for my van, Merc code 368/7368. Let me know your PayPal and postage.

And don't forget to change you signature to "Underground touch up pen sales"
Ads9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 18:57   #11
Rampant
Profound thinker
 
Rampant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orbit pattern - Low block 3
Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
Posts: 6,137
OK chaps, some pictures, with a 0.5mm lead propelling pencil for scale:










Note the comedy colour "name":




Icebell Blue



If anyone would like me to pick one up for them next time I am close to that motor factors, then I'm happy to order, collect and post it on to you.


Cost is £9 plus VAT per touch up pen (= £10.80) and then bargain around £3 for postage.
__________________
Je cherche l'orgasme d'auto
J'ai trouve l'orgasme d'auto
C'est une evo VI bleu par le Rountree

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 19:16   #12
stevebt
Senior User
 
stevebt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Car
Posts: 1,441
I finally got around to ordering one from the link above Motornuts, it was just shy of £18 delivered.
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevebt For This Useful Post:
Rampant (10-08-2019)
Old 17-08-2019, 17:46   #13
stevebt
Senior User
 
stevebt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Car
Posts: 1,441
The colour match from Motornuts is pretty damned good, I had two very dodgy black patches on the front bumper and after roughing it in they aren’t as noticeable. I’m going to put another thick coat on then wet and dry sand it down as the patches were about 1inch square.

If I make a mess I don’t care as it would of needed to go into a body shop but overall I’m impressed.

The bottle was huge as well, 100mls.
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 19:21   #14
Coggy
Senior User
 
Coggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A place where it's forbidden to say Rabbits!
Car: A4
My Car
Posts: 3,266
Hi
Could you please order a PYRENEES BLACK (X08)

Much appreciated
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
OK chaps, some pictures, with a 0.5mm lead propelling pencil for scale:










Note the comedy colour "name":




Icebell Blue



If anyone would like me to pick one up for them next time I am close to that motor factors, then I'm happy to order, collect and post it on to you.


Cost is £9 plus VAT per touch up pen (= £10.80) and then bargain around £3 for postage.
__________________
oh if i could only get some sleep,
creaky noises make my skin creep,
i need to get some sleep,
i can't get no sleep.......
Coggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.