FQ400 - made for UK only? - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13   #1
Beaks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1
FQ400 - made for UK only?

Hi one and all,

I am really struggling with this one but i'm on the lookout for a 2005 Evo 8 FQ400 which must be left hand drive, due to a move abroad.

From what i know of these, only 100 were produced and it would appear that all 100 may have been for the UK market. If so, were they badged as something else abroad? Trawling the ads only reveals UK spec FQ400's.

I realise this is rather an unusual question but i'm desperate to joing the ranks!

Best regards,

Beaks
Beaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15   #2
Raj_UK
Registered User
 
Raj_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Reading
Car: 375hp KTM X-bow ... Ready to Race ?
Posts: 11,325
Send a message via MSN to Raj_UK
all FQ's are UK only

non-FQ MR's can be Jap or US (note: US evo's are a vastly different beast to the non-US versions) import .... and presumeably on the continent too ?
__________________
Selling left my over Evo parts here : https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=463466
Selling EV04 RAJ here : https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=463484
Raj_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:16   #3
bloke101
Registered User
 
bloke101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: london
Car: Evoless atm.
Posts: 12,391
No such thing.
__________________
Someone who uses mental acuity, hypnosis and/or suggestion. ( also never believe sellers who put pics of the speedo mileage )
bloke101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2009, 10:21   #4
kikiturbo
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Croatia
Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaks View Post
Hi one and all,

I am really struggling with this one but i'm on the lookout for a 2005 Evo 8 FQ400 which must be left hand drive, due to a move abroad.

From what i know of these, only 100 were produced and it would appear that all 100 may have been for the UK market. If so, were they badged as something else abroad? Trawling the ads only reveals UK spec FQ400's.

I realise this is rather an unusual question but i'm desperate to joing the ranks!

Best regards,

Beaks
you are better off getting a EU spec evo 9, with a "sport pack" which means bilstein suspension and forged BBS wheels.. and throwing on the usual exhaust/intake/fuel pump/ remap kit which should give you almost 400/400.... cheaper also..
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29   #5
delzx7r
Registered User
 
delzx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Merseyside
Car: EVO IX FQ 400 , ZX-7RR 156bhp
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiturbo View Post
you are better off getting a EU spec evo 9, with a "sport pack" which means bilstein suspension and forged BBS wheels.. and throwing on the usual exhaust/intake/fuel pump/ remap kit which should give you almost 400/400.... cheaper also..
Yep...That's what I've done and I get 400.6 bhp...So I've taken a liberty and put my own FQ 400 badge on! ..Oh and I got those Enkei wheels as well which are supposed to be a bit lighter!
__________________
Green ones are meaner!

Last edited by delzx7r; 01-02-2009 at 10:31..
delzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34   #6
bloke101
Registered User
 
bloke101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: london
Car: Evoless atm.
Posts: 12,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by delzx7r View Post
Yep...That's what I've done and I get 400.6 bhp...So I've taken a liberty and put my own FQ 400 badge on! ..Oh and I got those Enkei wheels as well which are supposed to be a bit lighter!
Thats worse than wearing a fake rolex.
__________________
Someone who uses mental acuity, hypnosis and/or suggestion. ( also never believe sellers who put pics of the speedo mileage )
bloke101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:03   #7
delzx7r
Registered User
 
delzx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Merseyside
Car: EVO IX FQ 400 , ZX-7RR 156bhp
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke101 View Post
Thats worse than wearing a fake rolex.
D'ya know what...I don't give a F***k It's got 400bhp so it's an FQ 400 as far as I'm concerned!..It just means I get a quiet drive to work every day 'cause there's not much that bothers me in the way of boy-racers!
Oh and I wouldn't have a Rolex..fake or otherwise!
__________________
Green ones are meaner!

Last edited by delzx7r; 01-02-2009 at 11:06..
delzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:08   #8
chaz83
Registered User
 
chaz83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Midlands
Car: 4 Wheels & Steering Wheel
My Car
Posts: 8,054
oh dear.....someone bit there lol. chill winstoooon
chaz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11   #9
Ian6xtreme
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Posh bit of the Black Country.
Car: E8 FQ300 》E6 Extreme No26 》 E9 GT
My Car
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke101 View Post
Thats worse than wearing a fake rolex.
I agree. Totally naff
Ian6xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:18   #10
delzx7r
Registered User
 
delzx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Merseyside
Car: EVO IX FQ 400 , ZX-7RR 156bhp
Posts: 64
Yeah but it's a laugh tho
__________________
Green ones are meaner!
delzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:23   #11
Tedlegend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the black stuff
Car: merc 500sl-evo5 track car
My Car
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by delzx7r View Post
Yep...That's what I've done and I get 400.6 bhp...So I've taken a liberty and put my own FQ 400 badge on! ..Oh and I got those Enkei wheels as well which are supposed to be a bit lighter!
thats a good idea where did you find a fq 400 badge they a harder to find than the car?
Tedlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:45   #12
Steve220
Registered User
 
Steve220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moray - Lossie
Car: Audi A4 Quattro
My Car
Posts: 8,761
Send a message via Skype™ to Steve220
Quote:
Originally Posted by delzx7r View Post
D'ya know what...I don't give a F***k It's got 400bhp so it's an FQ 400 as far as I'm concerned!..It just means I get a quiet drive to work every day 'cause there's not much that bothers me in the way of boy-racers!
Oh and I wouldn't have a Rolex..fake or otherwise!
I ride a bike into work, boy racers don't bother me either. I know what i'll be ordering on monday
__________________
Evo-less
Steve220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:27   #13
delzx7r
Registered User
 
delzx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Merseyside
Car: EVO IX FQ 400 , ZX-7RR 156bhp
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedlegend View Post
thats a good idea where did you find a fq 400 badge they a harder to find than the car?
Made one!
__________________
Green ones are meaner!
delzx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:30   #14
Evolution
Registered User
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Up North
Car: Evo IV RS track day car + VI GSR soon to be converted
My Car
Posts: 3,634
you can get VIII MR RS and IX GT in Europe, LHD. But they are very rear. Try Germany or Switzerland.
__________________
VI TME Silver -> VI TME Red -> VIII MR RS Grey -> IV RS White! what a beauty
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:34   #15
[email protected]
Registered User
 
J@mes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bomber County
Car: Gunmetal 8MR-FQ
Posts: 2,148
As far as I am concerned, my **** is 12" long. It's not, but I tell everyone it is because I think it will make me look better in their eyes.
__________________
J@mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.