Lancer Register Forum banner

Old School Racers

245K views 321 replies 74 participants last post by  Wilkins 
#1 ·
Some more viewings for you.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I took the picture of the 4 Riverside cars on the formation lap at Brands. Have loads more. Also the pic of the green beast when Alan still owned it. Taken at Castle Coombe when he took me around for a few laps, it was for sale but Z got the money on the teble before me and the rest is history.

#19 ·
Wow awesome Pics!

Dave Green Henstead MotorSport out and out Nutter (yes worse than me lol)

In his orange Lancer I remember seeing an indicated 140mph down these tight tight lanes and was thinking if a tractor pulls out we are a gona!! Never been scared ever!! But that day was one word 'Mental and loved it!:smthumbup

#27 ·
:lol:I think i would have bin about five in most of them pictures,But i would have loved to been around to see some of the oldschool's racing:smthumbup.Most of the pictures i have found with hours of searching on the internet and i think there great:smthumbup

#25 · (Edited)
Fantastic thread - Some great old pictures being put up above, I recognise the couple above that I took at cadwell of Alan Z's silver LT - heres one more.

Also I like the pics of this recently built car from Spain, I think the shell was supplied from the UK - perhaps the engine also.

A couple I've shown before that I took at 3 sisters near Wigan (Group B club track day)

Bit small but this car looked fantastic in the flesh, picture I saved from a for sale add - one of E.Wills rally car when it was still owned by W.Hilman in his showroom in Coburg set up as a track car, it was for sale when I saw it there late at night on my drive home - something like 7k if I remember correctly - why did I not buy it :rotz:

I've asked before on here but has anybody got a bigger version of the line up of LT's published in CCC magazine years ago, web saved version shown on my roof in the montage below - boring car in middle is mine but some nice cars around it.