Old 17-10-2019, 23:28   #1
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Banksy shop

Anyone going to have a punt?

https://www.grossdomesticproduct.com/info.html

You can buy some of his sculpture pieces, including the vest Stormzy wore at Glastonbury....but with a twist. It's not first come first served, you have to answer a question and the person judged as having the best answer gets the item. Oh, and you can only attempt to buy one item.

I did have my eye on that vest until I saw that Stormzy got the guy who gave him his break fired because he wore blackface at a party 10 years ago. Giving people of colour a break that earns them money and fame is irrelevant, the fact that you dressed as a black person for Halloween a decade ago means you're defo a racist and deserve to lose your livelihood.

Also I'm not sure it's the actual one he wore.

Next choice for me would be the tiger rug, but if I put in for it and didn't get it the knowledge that I'm just not funny or witty enough for Banksy to notice would probably kill me.

I kinda like the idea of what he is doing, he is selling pieces of art for way way less than they would get at auction or what some collector would pay for them. He's trying to do what people who want to stop secondary ticket selling are doing...that is to give people something they want at a reasonable price knowing that they're going to enjoy it rather than keep it as an investment or immediately sell it on (*). I guess like how some people buy evos to drive and some buy them to polish and sell on.

* Oh yeah...that's all part of the T&Cs as well.

Last edited by Aidy; 17-10-2019 at 23:30..
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aidy For This Useful Post:
kins (18-10-2019), Mita (18-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-10-2019, 10:01   #2
daveyheats
User

Curious how they can stop people selling them on later? I remember the merch selling out at Dismaland in Weston within days, and then it all on eBay for stupid money.
daveyheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 17:39   #3
Benjer182
Senior User

I’ve gone for one piece, I’ll let you know how I get on. As someone who has genuinely been into the graffiti scene since age about 13 I’d love something of his, last week I went to an exhibition at the brink museum called art vs transit if you’re into the scene check it out
Benjer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 21:48   #4
VI_Shooter
Regional Organiser

Car: Stock Silver VI GSR from Nippon!
My Car
Love a bit of this too. I spotted something really small up on a corner wall done by Space Invader once in Paris up near Monmarte when I was just wandering about. So I took some photos and had normal tourist people wondering what I was looking at
Old 18-10-2019, 22:33   #5
kins
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo VI RS
My Car
Send a message via MSN to kins Send a message via Skype™ to kins
A hard choice which one to apply for but my application is in. Good luck to everyone who's having a go.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 13:56   #6
H18BY0
... now with more Bang :)

Car: Slagged Red Evo 6 tme (ex 6 silver tme owner) & 95 white Astra Merit (auto :)
My Car
Or this one!
Attached Images

:::::::::::::::::::::: Tommi Mäkinen ////////// Edition No.13 ::::::::::::::::::::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: