Wales Rally GB 2019 - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 16-10-2019, 09:28   #31
tbtstt

Car: 2005 Impreza STi Type UK
Nice pictures H18BY0! I went to Myherin for the day: left home at 3am Saturday morning, got to Myherin just before 8, spent the day on the stage, then drove back home afterwards. It was a long one, but well worth it.

Was there to spectate rather than go mad with the camera, but I still took a few shots:

Few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57711360717498

If anyone wants to see more!
tbtstt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tbtstt For This Useful Post:
H18BY0 (16-10-2019), mondie (16-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-2019, 20:08   #32
H18BY0
... now with more Bang :)

Car: Slagged Red Evo 6 tme (ex 6 silver tme owner) & 95 white Astra Merit (auto :)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Nice pictures H18BY0! I went to Myherin for the day: left home at 3am Saturday morning, got to Myherin just before 8, spent the day on the stage, then drove back home afterwards. It was a long one, but well worth it.

Was there to spectate rather than go mad with the camera, but I still took a few shots:

If anyone wants to see more!
I think you were running a better lens than me, I did think about hiring one again but glad I didn't as tried to watch more as you mentioned

:::::::::::::::::::::: Tommi Mäkinen ////////// Edition No.13 ::::::::::::::::::::::
Old 16-10-2019, 20:13   #33
H18BY0
... now with more Bang :)

Car: Slagged Red Evo 6 tme (ex 6 silver tme owner) & 95 white Astra Merit (auto :)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyheats View Post
Still can't quite believe Craig Breen managed to not only get out of that ditch but also make it to the end of that stage!

Hoping to go along for my first time next year. Out of interest, what time do you need to get there to get a parking spot anywhere nearby?
if anything like this year - the night before!!! - parking was quite bad this year, its never great - however we have never not be able to get into Sweet Lamb even if we were parked quite a way back.

Its quite hard to describe the parking in Rally GB its generally parking alongside a very narrow track up a big hill!!

:::::::::::::::::::::: Tommi Mäkinen ////////// Edition No.13 ::::::::::::::::::::::
Old 17-10-2019, 08:36   #34
daveyheats
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H18BY0 View Post
if anything like this year - the night before!!! - parking was quite bad this year, its never great - however we have never not be able to get into Sweet Lamb even if we were parked quite a way back.

Its quite hard to describe the parking in Rally GB its generally parking alongside a very narrow track up a big hill!!
Christ! Good to know though, thanks mate. It's got to be done next year.
daveyheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 09:21   #35
tbtstt

Car: 2005 Impreza STi Type UK
Quote:
I think you were running a better lens than me, I did think about hiring one again but glad I didn't as tried to watch more as you mentioned
I used my trusty 55-250mm. Given the conditions I'd be reluctant to take any rented/borrowed gear to Wales in case in ended up soaked and/or caked in mud!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyheats View Post
Christ! Good to know though, thanks mate. It's got to be done next year.
We got to Myherin at 8am (first car ran through at 10am) and were parked about half a mile from the stage. I heard some people complaining that they were turned away from Sweet Lamb but, given how popular that stage is, you have to expect that if you turn up late.

I used to move between stages on the rally, but find it better just to pick a stage and stick with it for the day.

Quote:
I have been pleasantly surprised by the parking on Myherin the last couple of years: yes, they are just forestry tracks, but at least they are wide enough to turn around without having to drive through a tree!
tbtstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: