Basic map/Upgrade question - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > ECU / Mapping

Old 07-08-2019, 08:47   #1
Mark richardson
Senior User

Basic map/Upgrade question

Hi All,

I have a Evo 8 340MR which is standard apart from Mushroom HKS filter, Decat and Russ Fellows stainless exhaust.
I would like to increase power but safely. So am looking at 3 port boost solenoid and remap to go to around 380 ish installed at Evotune who I think are a very good/trustworthy place.

Question is - In the opinion of those who have done power upgrades,will the standard car/engine/turbo etc be ok with this or should I really look at upgrading other things too?
Car has been used properly but also looked after properly and has done just over 40k. I don't want to push it but do feel it would benefit from a little more power when comparing to the newer more powerful cars of today.

Any thoughts welcome please...........

cheers
Mark richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 08:56   #2
Evo6er
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 MR
My Car
Youíll need a 225Lpm Walboro fuel pump too. Just tell evotune what you want to do and they will tell you what you need. They definitely know their stuff so you will be in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark richardson (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:59   #3
Mark richardson
Senior User

Thanks for the reply mate.
I forgot to say originally, NR Autosport put an uprated pump in a while ago during the car being set up and serviced by them so at least that bit is done.
I agree on Evotune - they serviced the car this year so am not worried about their knowledge etc, I just always value the opinion of users etc too. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 16:50   #4
mlau1294
Senior User

Car: Blue Evo 9 (470/465), White 6RS (350/340) & Black Lancer GSR Ralliart Sportback (300/310)
My Car
I would think that remapping to around 1.7/1,8 bar with those mods would give you the extra power you're looking for and should be pretty safe as long as it's mapped by someone who knows what they're doing, and I believe Evotune are a top place to have it done.

If you really wanted to play it safe then you could always get your car forged (rod-job or drop-in) as well but that would cost quite a bit more and obviously wouldn't give you any power gains...though it would allow you to go for more power in the future if you ever wanted to..
mlau1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlau1294 For This Useful Post:
Mark richardson (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 17:26   #5
Mark richardson
Senior User

Makes sense - cheers
Old 07-08-2019, 19:29   #6
Tyson1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlau1294 View Post
I would think that remapping to around 1.7/1,8 bar with those mods would give you the extra power you're looking for and should be pretty safe as long as it's mapped by someone who knows what they're doing, and I believe Evotune are a top place to have it done.

If you really wanted to play it safe then you could always get your car forged (rod-job or drop-in) as well but that would cost quite a bit more and obviously wouldn't give you any power gains...though it would allow you to go for more power in the future if you ever wanted to..
If the op decided get his car forged whatís the better option, rod job or drop in?
Tyson1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 20:02   #7
Evo6er
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 MR
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson1991 View Post
If the op decided get his car forged whatís the better option, rod job or drop in?

A drop in for sure as your not limiting yourself or a potential buyer in the future. If itís open might as well do rods and pistons. Never understood why people only do rods and only do H beam instead of I beamís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: