Lancer Register Forum banner

Long term use of Fuchs DCT is the EVO X SST.

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  citymunky 
#1 · (Edited)
Long term use of Fuchs DCTF in the EVO X SST.

Its about time for my SST fuild change, and I have read some good reviews about Fuchs DCT fuild being used in a EVO X SST, however I can't seen to find and reviews for long time users.

In the past evenyone pasied FF2.and Ravenol, but after long term use it was discovered that these can fuilds caused leaking for axle seals, cause damage to the clutch pacts, and the TCU. Fuchs is almost completely unheard of in the US, and shops like Kozmic and Jack's Transmission recommend OEM diaqueen SSTF. (However I did read one post from Jack's stated that he currently uses Motul DCTF and in some few cases Redline DCTF).

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, 3 years is a longest I seen aftermarket fuild being use successfully in the SST without causing damage to the TCU/Mechatronic unit or to the clutches disc.

If you don't mind me asking, how much horsepower (or Kilowatts) or torque (or Newton Meters) do you make to the wheels?

#7 · (Edited)
Yes I have read a lot of horror stories about oils meets SST Spec, however the fuild ends up destroying the gel coating on the TCU, prematurely causing the clutch parts to wear, softens the glue use to hold the magnet on the shift fork causing the loss of all even or odd gears, and/or causing leaks from the CV axle seals.

However Fuchs seem to be the only aftermarket DCT fuild on the market that had a good track record with our DCT470 SST transmission. Other oils like AMSOil DCT, and Redline DCT were introduced very late the DCT fuild market for EVO SST owners, and IMO the the damage has been to done and documented of the pro/cons of use of OEM SSTF vs Aftermarket DCT fuild. With that being said SST owners are not willing to take a chance on the aftermarket DCTFs so current reviews as are few and far between.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm aware of Indigo-GT, even watch a few of the video's of Dyno days held at his shop on youtube.

I think Jack's Transmission made the claim of Pentosin FFL-2 destroying the gal coating away of the TCU, which made sense since FFL was manufactured with VW/Audi DCTs in mind.

However to this date there are still disputes about aftermarket fuild here in the US. Jack's Transmission (a shop that has been in business since 1996 working on Mitsubishi transmission) states that he has have good results with Motul DCTF and Redline DCTF in the SST. Kozmic Motorsports (Record holder for fastest SST EVO X and Ralliarts 1/4" mile and 1/2" mile drag cars) states he tried them all to include Castrol BOT341/Transmax Dual and he only recommends OEM Diaqueen SSTF.

However I know there has to be alternative, that why I glad to see good longterm feedback about Fuchs Titan DCTF. I know neither US base shop has tried Fuchs since it is not a very common oil brand here in the US. I actually had to order my 10 Liters from a European Car Tuner shop as no local shop or no Japanese car tuner shop carriers Fuchs.

#11 · (Edited)
9Just swapped in 7 liters of Fuchs this past weekend, and WOW, what a difference! The shifts are very crisp, and smooth, no more slight slips at WOT. The car now just grabs a gear and takes off. If all goes well, this will help solve the aftermarket fuild problem here in the US, where the only choice seem to be the Mitsubishi 500% marked-up Diaqueen SSTF.

I was looking into Motul as well, but there DCT seems to be a hit or miss. Also I have read (but not verified) that Motul doesn't meet/surpass OEM Diaqueen fuild

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.