Evolution magazine - Issue 26 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 02-08-2018, 13:36   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
Evolution magazine - Issue 26

Partly due to me being unwell, and partly to promised features which never materialized, Issue 26 of evolution is about a month late, but at the printers now, so will be in the post very soon to the remaining paid up members (before the new £20 membership fee) and those of you who have subscribed. It's also available to buy direct from the Shop: Magazine section

This issue is a bumper 100 page edition and for the very first time (I think!) features every generation of Evo and also the Lancer Turbo - so every car the MLR exists for!

Here's a quick preview of what's inside . . . .

Cover & feature: ’Blue Thunder’:

It’s been a LONG time coming, but Nick Phillips (nickygixer-k5) latest incarnation of his Evo IX is now a reality, and worth the wait.

’Five Star’:

The latest from Rich & Carly at Appreciating Classics, this superb Evo V GSR is actually the 2nd time it’s been featured in the magazine – but it was a cracking car way back in Issue 52 of Wastegate Chatter when owned by John Fletcher, and dare I say it, it’s even better now ☺

’MR X’:

The first of 2 cars from the West Coast - that’s California not Fishguard! - built by Bruce Amurao. His Evo X started off quite mild, but was swiftly upgraded to ‘wild’ as soon as the car was invited to be displayed at SEMA

2 Good 2 Be True’:

The first of two early Evo features in this issue, and all the way from New Zealand! Nicholas Johnson’s exceptional Evo 2 GSR is virtually as it left the Mitsushima factory in Japan back in the early 90s so is a real survivor.

’The Works’:
Anthony Cox – our man an Japan – gives us the complete story on the ex-works Mitsubishi Evo 3 RS. A hugely important car in Mitsubishi’s rally domination of the 90s, the car seldom sees the light of day, so it’s great to be able to feature it in #26

Quicksilver:

Voltex kits are clearly ‘in’ as Karl’s EvoIX proves. This gorgeous IX has a lot more standout details though, and is chock full of hard to find JDM aftermarket parts.

’Rare Beast’:

It’s taken 21 years to do it, but for reasons I’ll explain elsewhere it seemed the right time to feature my own ex-works Lancer 2000 Turbo. The car that started the MLR, one of only 3 factory rally cars on the planet, and the first car to use the 4G63T engine. Hopefully you’ll agree it’s credentials make it a worthy feature car!

Add to this reports from the MLR Spa Trackday, Japfest, JDM Combe, MOD USA 2018, the 5th episode of the tech feature reprint from Any Fox, and a handful of Regional reports and that wraps up Issue 26 ☺

The digital version will also be available too of course with additional galleries throughout all the features on download
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Darin For This Useful Post:
chambo (13-09-2018), evo/nut (02-08-2018), grants (02-08-2018), leeslancer8 (02-08-2018), milosavljevicm (03-08-2018), Mita (02-08-2018), mlau1294 (02-08-2018), Realbadman (14-09-2018), Richard B (02-08-2018), Sephiro (03-08-2018), squeakyclean32 (03-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 16:46   #2
grants
Senior User

My Car
"Any Fox"

grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 13:06   #3
grants
Senior User

My Car
Received today

I didn't realize how original your LT is
grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-09-2018, 10:27   #4
erwing
Senior User

Car: Evo VRS
My Car
i want the paper version!
Old 14-09-2018, 11:18   #5
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by grants View Post
Received today

I didn't realize how original your LT is
Or for sale
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: