Evo 8 MR - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 11-10-2019, 09:37   #1
Bigal23

Car: Evo 8 MR
Evo 8 MR

Hi everyone, I'm currently having an Evo 8 MR being UK registered and prepared by AP Tuning.
Thought I'd ease in to my first Evo so only having a few little bits done for now - Quaife box, Motec, Alcons all round, Nitron 3 ways, RS rear diff kit
Funny thing is I won't be able to tell the difference as I've never even driven one!
Been in the passenger seat of a couple round track so I have a feeling I'm not going to be disappointed.
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel.
Bigal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2019, 10:22   #2
Evo6er
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 MR
My Car
Cool story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigal23 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:29   #3
Bigal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo6er View Post
Cool story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks ha ha ha!

Not sure if i can upload any photos until my post count reaches a certain number but will do so when i can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2019, 11:54   #4
squeakyclean32
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 9 ... The New Project :)
My Car
Sounds cool ... Good Evo's are hard to come by now... Did you import it yourself ?
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:06   #5
Bigal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyclean32 View Post
Sounds cool ... Good Evo's are hard to come by now... Did you import it yourself ?
No this was one Ross got over and it is very clean indeed especially underneath.
Iíve been in and under it a few times now and i still canít believe its a 15 year old car.
Old 11-10-2019, 13:42   #6
Cardsharky
Regional Organiser

My Car
Great choice for your first Evo. Those little bitts are going to add up to a whole lot of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cardsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 15:52   #7
Bigal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsharky View Post
Great choice for your first Evo. Those little bitts are going to add up to a whole lot of fun.
Thanks mate and yeah Iím hoping so!
I went out in the passenger seat of pretty much the same car / spec around Spa with someone who has a half decent reputation for driving Evoís and i couldnít believe how capable it was.
Old 21-10-2019, 20:17   #8
Bigal23

Car is all ready to go, made some decent numbers on the dyno.
Just waiting for the V5 now.
Old 12-11-2019, 19:56   #9
Mo Awais
Junior User

Car: #AllOfDem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal23 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm currently having an Evo 8 MR being UK registered and prepared by AP Tuning.
Thought I'd ease in to my first Evo so only having a few little bits done for now - Quaife box, Motec, Alcons all round, Nitron 3 ways, RS rear diff kit
Funny thing is I won't be able to tell the difference as I've never even driven one!
Been in the passenger seat of a couple round track so I have a feeling I'm not going to be disappointed.
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel.

Hi, some gucci mods list is that!!

assuming you going to be running some big power then, saying you haven't driven one before I would advise learn the car and take it easy, dont kill urself in the process lol have fun!!
Old 25-11-2019, 20:57   #10
Bigal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Awais View Post
Hi, some gucci mods list is that!!

assuming you going to be running some big power then, saying you haven't driven one before I would advise learn the car and take it easy, dont kill urself in the process lol have fun!!
Ha ha yeah thought i would throw myself in the deep end!

Standard engine mapped to 412hp on 1.4 bar so nothing crazy yet, like you said i do need to learn the car and hopefully have some fun along the way.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:43   #11
Bigal23

Track day

So had a few track days in the new weapon before everything got closed.
Did manage a 2.14 round Snetterton 300 circuit, luckily for everyone on here I donít think I can upload any videos yet so will save you wasting 2 minutes of your life!
Dry sump kit next as getting ignition cut from the oil surge so maybe squeeze a few tenths out of it after that
Old 04-05-2020, 13:54   #12
mlau1294
Senior User

Car: Blue Evo 9 (470/465), White 6RS (350/340) & Black Lancer GSR Ralliart Sportback (300/310)
My Car
Have you had the engine forged?

Seems like you have a lot of nice and expensive parts fitted but seems a bit of a waste at only stage 1...

A dry sump is also pretty radical / extreme unless you're using slicks but then how can you generate the high g's at only 400hp..?

Or are you now going to tell us that since last year you have a massive blower fitted to her and you're running 600hp+ now...?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mlau1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 14:16   #13
Gary @ APT
MLR Traders

Car: Evo VII
Send a message via MSN to Gary @ APT
because as he said hes getting warning from igntion cuts with motec pre warning.

ill add pic of oil log from donnington
Attached Images

Last edited by Gary @ APT; 04-05-2020 at 14:25..
Gary @ APT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 14:31   #14
Gary @ APT
MLR Traders

Car: Evo VII
Send a message via MSN to Gary @ APT
still running , std engine with 80 series at 420bhp,

suspension it runs nitron 3 ways with rear arb and yokohama ad08R tyres

Gary @ APT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 16:56   #15
mlau1294
Senior User

Car: Blue Evo 9 (470/465), White 6RS (350/340) & Black Lancer GSR Ralliart Sportback (300/310)
My Car
Hey Gary, not sure what that graph shows but am sure you're right

I was just surprised to hear the op saying he was going straight to a dry sump system without necessarily trying out something else which could potentially solve the issue at just a fraction of the cost, like a wet system / baffled oil pan........

Up to the op to do what he wants, if he can afford it then happy days

mlau1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: