2020 Recession - Page 9 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 16-10-2020, 12:13   #121
Mita
Senior User

Iíve been considering going alone for a good few years now. Iím in the construction industry. All of my friends are mad busy. Some say itís a bad time to change, but many others say the opposite . I just fear things may crash ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dick View Post
Iíve been running my own business 20 years now, structural steel drawing office. This has been our busiest year to date. Not only loads of work but prices getting fairly daft. While the sun is shining weíre taking it
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-2020, 14:56   #122
peeler
Senior User

Car: RED TME, Transit M-Sport, Range Rover Lumma GTevo
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Iíve been considering going alone for a good few years now. Iím in the construction industry. All of my friends are mad busy. Some say itís a bad time to change, but many others say the opposite . I just fear things may crash ..
If your jobs safe at the moment I wouldnít risk it, but as soon as things start to pick up again go for it

2013, Norris Designs 100k+ build , issues at every event entered

2014 2nd MLRSS Class B

2015,16 MLRSS class B champion , 2015,16 IOM 3day Manxhill climb champion
peeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peeler For This Useful Post:
Mita (16-10-2020)
Old 16-10-2020, 15:22   #123
Mita
Senior User

Yes jobs safe as it can be in these times.. I was of the opinion not to risk it as yet, as this is the unknown at present. On the flip side Iím struggling to see a change for a long time as things stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeler View Post
If your jobs safe at the moment I wouldnít risk it, but as soon as things start to pick up again go for it
Old 16-10-2020, 15:51   #124
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Iíve been drawing structural steel work on our own for 20 years, this has been our busiest year ever
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Dick For This Useful Post:
Mita (16-10-2020)
Old 16-10-2020, 16:09   #125
Mita
Senior User

A hell of a lot of friends in the trade are saying the very same thing. Weird isn’t it!?
Old 16-10-2020, 16:20   #126
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Weíre turning it down at the minute, all our clients are very busy, I suppose the world still has to turn
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 16:32   #127
Mita
Senior User

Well that’s been my thoughts, especially construction wise. Hence why I’m considering jumping.. probably see what happens by spring next year ..
Old 17-10-2020, 14:30   #128
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Quote:
A hell of a lot of friends in the trade are saying the very same thing. Weird isnít it!?
Some of my tradie mates were saying the same, they aren't now though, went quiet from beginning of September

Stu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RG Motorsport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stu8 For This Useful Post:
Mita (17-10-2020)
Old 17-10-2020, 16:35   #129
Mita
Senior User

I think it has to for now. Going to be an interesting winter, hopefully things pick up next spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
Some of my tradie mates were saying the same, they aren't now though, went quiet from beginning of September

Stu
Old 17-10-2020, 17:05   #130
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Quote:
I think it has to for now. Going to be an interesting winter, hopefully things pick up next spring
Hopefully. Should have said, im in a high covid area right next to very high, and have now also been classed as very high, so there have been some restrictions round for a while. Likely thats had an impact for tradies in this area

Stu

RG Motorsport -

stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 19:01   #131
daviewiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dick View Post
Unbelievable , I wish you and family well
Wise words fella.
daviewiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:14   #132
stevebt
Senior User

My Car
Quote:

I'm stupidly busy as I work for Persimmon homes and I have been self employed with them for 24 years thru good and bad.

Moving to a new way of getting work as you say would be very dangerous in todays climate as most firms will have the workforce they need so unless your very fast and neat at what you do it won't work out well for a long term contract.
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: