E5/6 Speed Density - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > ECU / Mapping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 31-12-2012, 20:52   #1
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
E5/6 Speed Density

Thought I would stick a post in here just to let everyone know that we are now working on the SD conversion for the E5/6 ecu

All the info will be posted on this thread on GM
HERE


Those of you who run SD on the E9 will know what I am talking about in how much this changes the way the car drives and will be one of the best conversions for the 5/6

Cheers
Lee
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lee5 For This Useful Post:
coconut_dave (09-03-2013), darrenevo123 (31-03-2013), Evo3boy (15-01-2013), H3rmaN (14-01-2013), jamie71 (20-02-2013), RobCrezz (13-01-2013), whitti_uk (01-01-2013), zamiex (17-08-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 31-12-2012, 20:57   #2
rsjohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: iow
Car: Evo 9 FQ360
My Car
Posts: 14,754
What about on evo 7/8?
__________________
2010 Ford Focus RS mk2 - 723bhp 610lb ft torque
rsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:06   #3
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjohn View Post
What about on evo 7/8?

The E8 can be done but not done any E7's
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 31-12-2012, 21:07   #4
rsjohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: iow
Car: Evo 9 FQ360
My Car
Posts: 14,754
Same parts needed for e8?
__________________
2010 Ford Focus RS mk2 - 723bhp 610lb ft torque
rsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:11   #5
FQ360 NICK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CASTLE DONINGTON
Car: IX FQ360 TO X FQ360 GSR to 6rs to IX FQ340
My Car
Posts: 7,861
I found it completely changes the car for the better

Much like Lees acd mapping.
__________________
SUSPENSION SET UP BY MG AUTOS
MAPPED ON SD BY MG AUTOS
ACD MAPPED BY LEE5
FQ360 NICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:13   #6
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjohn View Post
Same parts needed for e8?
Parts needed:

Map Sensor
IAT Sensor
Wiring of the above.
Change of ROM id and a remap.

Lee
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:13   #7
stu8
Senior User
 
stu8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southport
Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Posts: 21,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee5 View Post
Thought I would stick a post in here just to let everyone know that we are now working on the SD conversion for the E5/6 ecu

All the info will be posted on this thread on GM
HERE


Those of you who run SD on the E9 will know what I am talking about in how much this changes the way the car drives and will be one of the best conversions for the 5/6

Cheers
Lee


I'm already running SD on my 5, with a 7 ecu, is this likely to address issues with this set up? any advantages of running a 5/6 ecu instead?

Thanks

Stu
__________________
CPP Motor Developments - CPP MLR page - CPP Facebook
RG Motorsport - www.rgmotorsport.co.uk

Evo 4-6 left over parts for sale
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:15   #8
rsjohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: iow
Car: Evo 9 FQ360
My Car
Posts: 14,754
Rough cost for parts and mapping?
__________________
2010 Ford Focus RS mk2 - 723bhp 610lb ft torque
rsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:33   #9
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post


I'm already running SD on my 5, with a 7 ecu, is this likely to address issues with this set up? any advantages of running a 5/6 ecu instead?

Thanks

Stu

The main advantages are 3D VE table and no chance of the P0300 code that you get with a 7 ecu.

Plus things like:
Twin maps
Launch Control with Anti-lag
Traction v speed limiter when launching.
Cel on knock
Phantom Knock control.

There is some other stuff but you get the idea

Lee
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee5 For This Useful Post:
stu8 (31-12-2012)
Old 31-12-2012, 21:33   #10
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjohn View Post
Rough cost for parts and mapping?
Will work it out and pm you a bit later on

Will send it from my EB log in

Thanks
Lee
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE

Last edited by Lee5; 31-12-2012 at 21:48..
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:43   #11
stu8
Senior User
 
stu8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southport
Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Posts: 21,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee5 View Post
The main advantages are 3D VE table and no chance of the P0300 code that you get with a 7 ecu.

Plus things like:
Twin maps
Launch Control with Anti-lag
Traction v speed limiter when launching.
Cel on knock
Phantom Knock control.

There is some other stuff but you get the idea

Lee
Is this likely to get around the issue of the 'jitters' (is this even still an issue?) that seemed to happen using the later ecu for earlier car SD conversion?

To be fair, Andy has done a good job, and they aren't noticable, or so slight I am now use to them but if the earlier ecu will eliminate them, its something i'd like to look into

I do often get random CEL flash which I think is down to phantom knock (I actually think it is picking up noise off the twinplate???) so any help with that would be a bonus too

The P0300 was only an issue for me when I first had a second hand Exedy Comp R twin clutch fitted, that was very noisey, when the clutch quietened down, the fault became rare, and now back to a quieter Exedy twin SD, the P0300 is never an issue

Thanks again

Stu
__________________
CPP Motor Developments - CPP MLR page - CPP Facebook
RG Motorsport - www.rgmotorsport.co.uk

Evo 4-6 left over parts for sale
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 21:47   #12
Lee5
Moderator
 
Lee5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kent
Car: Range Rover Sport~Porsche 911
My Car
Posts: 23,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
Is this likely to get around the issue of the 'jitters' (is this even still an issue?) that seemed to happen using the later ecu for earlier car SD conversion?

To be fair, Andy has done a good job, and they aren't noticable, or so slight I am now use to them but if the earlier ecu will eliminate them, its something i'd like to look into

I do often get random CEL flash which I think is down to phantom knock (I actually think it is picking up noise off the twinplate???) so any help with that would be a bonus too

The P0300 was only an issue for me when I first had a second hand Exedy Comp R twin clutch fitted, that was very noisey, when the clutch quietened down, the fault became rare, and now back to a quieter Exedy twin SD, the P0300 is never an issue

Thanks again

Stu
Yes it should get round the jitters as its a direct port/same code that is used on the 9 and the dsm cars

When its all done Andy will have the code for it anyway

Thanks
Lee
__________________


1st 500BHP E5 in the UK Running on Speed Density on Stock H8 Ecu

MLR Sprint Scrutineer

E5/6 Ecu SD Mapping Info Here & HERE
Lee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee5 For This Useful Post:
Nick Reid (31-05-2015), stu8 (31-12-2012)
Old 31-12-2012, 22:14   #13
jamie71
Senior User
 
jamie71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Telford
Car: Evo 5RS
Posts: 1,218
Can you pm me costs as well please
Does it eliminate the use of the MAF sensor?
jamie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 22:23   #14
Goginawa
Zero Fighter
 
Goginawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Car: EVO IX FQ 320
My Car
Posts: 12,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FQ360 NICK View Post
I found it completely changes the car for the better

Much like Lees acd mapping.
Nick,how's your cold start idle with SD?
__________________
MAPPED BY ORACLE
evoless ,now something on a different Note
Goginawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 22:31   #15
todd-w
Senior User
 
todd-w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ireland
Car: Evo5 Mivec Turbo
My Car
Posts: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
Is this likely to get around the issue of the 'jitters' (is this even still an issue?) th

Stu
its jitter free stu
todd-w is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todd-w For This Useful Post:
EVO SMITH (01-01-2013), stu8 (31-12-2012)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.