Numbers of X FQ400 and colours? - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 18:07   #31
squidgy400

I've had no major problems with mine yet, but will keep an eye out for rust on the mesh & crack in the front spliter.
squidgy400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 19:54   #32
WCUK

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespotts View Post
They are Gunmetal 18-9 Advan Racing RS wheels fitted with 255/40/18 Michelin pilot sport tyres

Heres the link to the original thread

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=302355

Hi, I did have a set of Advans fitted but I did not think they looked that good on my FQ400 your's look fantastic! There was to large a gap between the wheel & arches!
Attached Images

Last edited by WCUK; 08-06-2012 at 20:39..
WCUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:20   #33
lespotts

Car: Evo X FQ360 GSR Built and Mapped by Matt @ The Racing Line 555bhp/450lb/ft
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCUK View Post
Hi, I did have a set but did not think they looked that good on my FQ400 your look fantastic! Thee was to large a gap between the arches!

I went for 255/40/18 tyres what have a taller side wall, I think they suit the X

Old 06-07-2011, 20:31   #34
spikem

Car: Darton'd sleeved 2.2ltr, 617bhp/525lbft
My Car
I keep seeing a red one over in germany where im based. Uk plates, must be owned by a squaddie? Dont know if hes on here?

Looks like a better version of my red X fq330 gsr
spikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 15:51   #35
junglismassive

Car: R8, 997 Turbo cab gone back in jap rocket S204 and R205
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5GTT View Post
This is fact, I'm sure Black Knight can confirm. I also think it's satin black not phantom. As for white one's there were none made, i know as i begged them to make one. Nevermind, my red one shall soon be white and yes i will put picks up when it's done. Does anyone know a top end vinyl wrapper ?
You from Manchester me to!!
will have to meet up and show me your 400!!

I spotted your car on the M62 on the way to leeds a few wek ago
junglismassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 17:43   #36
J5GTT

Car: X FQ 400
was taking my son back to school at thorpe underwood
J5GTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 17:48   #37
J5GTT

Car: X FQ 400
Quote:
Hi, I did have a set but did not think they looked that good on my FQ400 your look fantastic! Thee was to large a gap between the arches!
no 19. Check the transportation blocks have been removed from the front springs, in that photo they look like they could still be installed as it looks a lot taller than mine.
J5GTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 16:17   #38
tracie147

Quote:
Hi

I have had a couple of issues with my FQ400, both at the moment Mitsubishi have not fixed, pics and more detaisl are here....

http://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/...sty-grills.htm

Sorry i dont know how to add pics to this thread
i had mine for 4weeks about 500 mile done and the clutch went
garage wasnt interested as they said its not under warranty. however i will never buy another vehicle from them again and it was a main dealer. going to solicitor as it was not fit for purpose
tracie147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 16:45   #39
petex

Car: Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie147 View Post
i had mine for 4weeks about 500 mile done and the clutch went garage wasnt interested as they said its not under warranty.
That was 500 miles from new? If so, presumably they're saying that the clutch isn't covered because it's a wear and tear item and they think it's reasonable for it to wear out before you've even finished running the car in?

Assuming you didn't mod the engine up to huge bhp on day one I definitely would get legal advice on that as there's no way it's fit for purpose if the clutch only lasts 500 miles.
petex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 22:00   #40
squidgy400

Mine sprung an oil leak on Sunday. Turn out that the oil feed pipe to the turbo fractured. Any one else had this problem ?
squidgy400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 21:45   #41
tracie147

Quote:
Hi

I have had a couple of issues with my FQ400, both at the moment Mitsubishi have not fixed, pics and more detaisl are here....

http://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/...sty-grills.htm

Sorry i dont know how to add pics to this thread
having issues with it is an understatement i had it 2 weeks from buying it from phoenix mitsubishi in edinburgh and the clutch went. i had done about 400 mile in it ( 200 from the garage home ) rang them and they were not interested and blamed my driving, im 41 years old and an enthusiast not a boy racer,, anyway i had it replaced at my cost and got a solicitor involved but they basically told me to sod off.. that garage has no idea how to conduct aftersales service..( weve got your money now bugger off attitude ).. fit for purpose is a joke .. not giving me that 1500 quid for the clutch cost them the sale of a 30000 4x4 but they will never know not really a car problem as such but a good story for you all the same
Old 01-09-2011, 21:54   #42
tracie147

Quote:
Originally Posted by petex View Post
That was 500 miles from new? If so, presumably they're saying that the clutch isn't covered because it's a wear and tear item and they think it's reasonable for it to wear out before you've even finished running the car in?

Assuming you didn't mod the engine up to huge bhp on day one I definitely would get legal advice on that as there's no way it's fit for purpose if the clutch only lasts 500 miles.
no it wasnt from new ..i bought it with 21000 on the clock. thay also said it had been serviced but the air filter was black when i looked .. i know the clutch is not under any warranty , but i thought that with it failing so quick after purchase they may of helped.. I had a performance car garage who mods evos look at it and he said it would of been on the brink of failure when i bought it, because there is no way i could of destroyed it trying in 500 mile ,, garage is a joke and there loss.. my father in law came with me to pick it up and he was looking at a 30000 4x4. since these people hAVE NOT HELPED he has just bought a range rover
Old 23-01-2012, 23:17   #43
Evomentalist

Car: BMW F90 M5 Competition, Evo VI RS-II 2.3, BMW M2.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5GTT View Post
no 19. Check the transportation blocks have been removed from the front springs, in that photo they look like they could still be installed as it looks a lot taller than mine.
Have you had yours wrapped white yet or is it still in Orient Red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie147 View Post
no it wasnt from new ..i bought it with 21000 on the clock. thay also said it had been serviced but the air filter was black when i looked .. i know the clutch is not under any warranty , but i thought that with it failing so quick after purchase they may of helped.. I had a performance car garage who mods evos look at it and he said it would of been on the brink of failure when i bought it, because there is no way i could of destroyed it trying in 500 mile ,, garage is a joke and there loss.. my father in law came with me to pick it up and he was looking at a 30000 4x4. since these people hAVE NOT HELPED he has just bought a range rover
Have you still got this and is it all sorted now?
Are you happy with it?
Evomentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 21:19   #44
quickmarch

Car: evo x fq300
Send a message via AIM to quickmarch
does anyone know anything about no 25, it was for sale in mitsubishi nottingham for 33k about 3 month ago with 4500 mile on clock. one lady owner it said ,its now advertised on auto trader with 6500 on clock, at 36k still saying one lady owner. so it cant have belonged to mitsys md. i was a bit interested at 33k. bit of a mystery
quickmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 21:23   #45
MarkM
Senior User

Car: M4 CP, 172cup, Smart, Transit Connect L2
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickmarch View Post
does anyone know anything about no 25, it was for sale in mitsubishi nottingham for 33k about 3 month ago with 4500 mile on clock. one lady owner it said ,its now advertised on auto trader with 6500 on clock, at 36k still saying one lady owner. so it cant have belonged to mitsys md. i was a bit interested at 33k. bit of a mystery
The one belonging to CCC md was red, but now wrapped chrome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: