Door card peeling leather - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Bodywork / Detailing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2020, 18:38   #1
DannyJ
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo 8 MR FQ340
Posts: 149
Door card peeling leather

I'm taking the opportunity to work on some of the more niggley things that have been outstanding on the Evo but I'm not sure on what to do about the door card. The leather trim has started peeling off.

Name:  IMG_20200430_191600.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  155.7 KB

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I've seen some stuff elsewhere talking about regluing the trim to the card but I've never tried anything like this before.
DannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DannyJ For This Useful Post:
Humps85 (30-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 30-04-2020, 18:47   #2
Humps85
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 391
Same problem with mine. Be interested in suggestions.
Humps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Humps85 For This Useful Post:
Jukebox junkie (02-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 13:07   #3
Rickesh
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Derbyshire
Car: Evo X - Evo 7 - Civic Type R (FN2)
My Car
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
I'm taking the opportunity to work on some of the more niggley things that have been outstanding on the Evo but I'm not sure on what to do about the door card. The leather trim has started peeling off.

Attachment 335243

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I've seen some stuff elsewhere talking about regluing the trim to the card but I've never tried anything like this before.
The same thing happend on my evo 4 door cards the fabric just needed
re-glueing
i used this stuff
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spray-Con...13d5dfa9482eae
just make sure you clean the old glue up with like a detailing tar a glue remover and use a dinner knife with a bit of tissue on the end to push it back in to the edges that's how i did mine
Rickesh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickesh For This Useful Post:
DannyJ (02-05-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2020, 13:33   #4
strange_days_uk
Simon - EVO V
 
strange_days_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: EVO V
My Car
Posts: 1,801
this stuff is excellent quality if it's any good to you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREY-STIT...S/390514434185
__________________
http://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
Most TME owners have never driven an evo, including their own.
strange_days_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strange_days_uk For This Useful Post:
DannyJ (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 12:07   #5
DannyJ
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo 8 MR FQ340
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickesh View Post
The same thing happend on my evo 4 door cards the fabric just needed
re-glueing
i used this stuff
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spray-Con...13d5dfa9482eae
just make sure you clean the old glue up with like a detailing tar a glue remover and use a dinner knife with a bit of tissue on the end to push it back in to the edges that's how i did mine
So did you pull the fabric off completely before re-gluing, or just cleaned up the exposed area?
DannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:12   #6
DannyJ
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Suffolk
Car: Evo 8 MR FQ340
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_days_uk View Post
this stuff is excellent quality if it's any good to you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREY-STIT...S/390514434185
That looks pretty neat though that link looks to be for 6s and older so a little different. So far I've found similar for Evo 10 but I'm sure I'll find something for an 8 with a little more searching
DannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:37   #7
Rickesh
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Derbyshire
Car: Evo X - Evo 7 - Civic Type R (FN2)
My Car
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
So did you pull the fabric off completely before re-gluing, or just cleaned up the exposed area?
no just the area where its already exposed if you pull the lot off may cause you more problems
Rickesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.