The Red TME mystery finally solved. - Page 38 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 22:33   #556
Rocco

Simon is a top guy

How many of those officially imported were RS or GSR?

Don't know how many are left, but I own 2 just saving them from rust in the Uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rooster View Post
I recently asked Mitsubishi UK if they knew how many red Maks had been produced ? ... This may have been prompted by another popular thread !!

Anyway as you can see from the response they can only advise on the ones they officially imported . I always thought it was 50 of each colour , as I believe a few other members did too . So I was quite surprised it wasn't .

I know a lot may have rusted into the big car heaven by now

But mines still alive .... Just !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK Spec Red TME #16 450bhp
UK Spec Black TME #189 "stock"
JDM Blue Nissan Skyline R34 GTR " stock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 22:55   #557
H18BY0
... now with more Bang :)

Car: Slagged Red Evo 6 tme (ex 6 silver tme owner) & 95 white Astra Merit (auto :)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
Simon is a top guy

How many of those officially imported were RS or GSR?

Don't know how many are left, but I own 2 just saving them from rust in the Uk
never realised there were more UK silver and less white

:::::::::::::::::::::: Tommi Mäkinen ////////// Edition No.13 ::::::::::::::::::::::
roubleking (01-02-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 22:58   #558
will2
Regional Organiser

Car: jdm evo 7gsr , forged +full buddyclub exhaust,cams+ ix turbo,silver fastest with carbon ! ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by H18BY0 View Post
never realised there were more UK silver and less white
Silver is fastest , even when selling
Old 04-02-2016, 10:32   #559
SeanTME
Senior User

Few.. just checked mine and its a Real one im part of the 212
Old 04-02-2016, 15:23   #560
bmandy68

Car: standard red tommi mak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTME View Post
I think you mean 1 of 639
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bmandy68 For This Useful Post:
ant1 (04-02-2016), DuncanIV (04-02-2016), JonnyTME (04-02-2016), KarlosDaJackal (04-02-2016), RichW (04-02-2016), SeanTME (04-02-2016), staffi (04-02-2016)
Old 04-02-2016, 16:18   #561
SeanTME
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmandy68 View Post
I think you mean 1 of 639
Are you trying to upset Mr Ralliart
The Following User Says Thank You to SeanTME For This Useful Post:
bmandy68 (04-02-2016)
Old 04-02-2016, 16:54   #562
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
Quote:
Where abouts are you Sean?

Any pics of her?
Old 04-02-2016, 16:56   #563
SeanTME
Senior User

Just outside Edinburgh,

There's a build thread of her that's needing updated.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=481077

Last edited by SeanTME; 04-02-2016 at 16:58.. Reason: Link added.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanTME For This Useful Post:
bmandy68 (04-02-2016), RichW (08-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 17:53   #564
sr.tarat

Car: Lancer Evolution 6 TME GSR JDM
My tme

Another "real" tme, but, hot to know if is one of those 212??

This really doesn't matters but, how you can know it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2016, 13:20   #565
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
That car came from the factory with the stripes so is one of the fabled 212, yes!
Old 08-02-2016, 13:38   #566
RichW

My Car
Quote:
Just outside Edinburgh,

There's a build thread of her that's needing updated.

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=481077

Stunning machine Nice work

I see you had the weak rods (like most) so nice to see those gone. Mods are very nice, she'll be a right beast for sure

I've added a car pic and also your location onto the map.

Also updated the blog

Last edited by RichW; 08-02-2016 at 13:39..
Old 11-02-2016, 15:29   #567
Mr Ralliart
Anthony

Car: Evolution 6 TME Ralliart Edition (JDM)
My Car
Well what a thread this turned out to be. So much butt hurt, insults and trolling deary me
Talk about shooting the messenger.

I wasn't going to waste time posting again due to the fact that many people who posted seem to genuinely have reading comprehension issues and or simply are stirring the pot, but after receiving quite a few positive and encouraging PMs (thank you, you know who you are) I have decided one last time, and will address the remaining genuine / relevant questions on here for those who don't have reading comprehension issues or hidden agendas and genuinely want to know. Then i'm done.

There are many quotes so please read this on the Forum! Due to the length I have to split it into 2 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
All this confirms what we already knew - SNGF means no stripes and SNGF2 means it has stripes. Old news
SNGF 2 means one of the 212 Red TMEs MITSUBISHI says it actually made yes. Nothing confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE12 View Post
This thread just shows me that Anthony has been a real benefit too the MLR since he joined. The time and effort he has put in too find this info is just amazing. Anthony if you get any parcels delivered that your not expecting, do yourself a favour and don't open it.
I have had 'warnings'
Seriously some of these people need to get a life and get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyTME View Post
We still don't know the whole story really....
I do. You and others have done your best to discredit my research based on some random website. Believe what you want, but perhaps ask how that site could get that information in the first place when the actual numbers only ever existed in microfiche and was never even put fully into Mitsubishi's computer data base when they did the big shake up in 2006.

The numbers I quoted are the numbers of cars actually made. As myself and others have said, Mitsubishi serial numbers do not equate the amount of cars actually made.

Quote:
When looking on Japanese auction sites, Red Evo VI TMEs are ridiculously rare whether they have the striped kit of not compared to the other colours. I think there is more to it....
Yes, explained in my first post, and the reason for this thread in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondie View Post
This post implies Mitsui only made red cars with stripes, no stripeless cars were made. So if 212 stripe cars were made does that mean there are only 212 factory red cars?
That is what MITSUBISHI has said again and again, and what I have repeated on here. As noted, if someone didn't want the stripes they still got them because the only way to get a red TME was to pay the extra for the SCP (you will not find a plain red TME in any Mitsubishi catalogue, brochure or listing anywhere because they never made them), but the stripes were in the glovebox. I recall also seeing a brand new one that had the Mitsubishi stickers on the rear wing, and the Ralliart ones on the bumpers, but no stripes, so that was also possible. It of course had red doors, white wing, and black door handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super rover View Post
may be they where specail order and painted in the factory for who ever ordered them be it cusco ,monster or who ever
That is one of the ways yes.

Quote:
Well John has found upto now 401 cars - he could find more yet as he's only input'd 1500 numbers - there were over 2000 TME's made.
We will have to wait a few days and see what Anthony comes back with. Its all very very confusing!
It's only confusing because you aren't taking my word for it which in turn is simply repeating what Mitsubishi says. Again... you can't go by serial numbers, especially on an unvarifyible website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony_aiken View Post
Is it not possible that... much like nissan did with some skylines. Mercedes did with the 190e and bmw did with alpina cars...
The cars were all built as tme by mitsubishi.

The ones sold at the mitsu dealership were one code (the 212) and the others (to denote their being sold or modified by third parties) were a different code?
So there might well be a case where a genuine red tme shell was sent to monster sport in the correct colour code but with the "third party" chassis number/model number changes.
Many tuning companies did this in japan. Tom's Mine's Spoon etc.
Yes correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich86 View Post
I think jonnytme's post is quite conclusive, although I would like to see what Anthony has to say.
Your choice to believe that or what Mitsubishi told and showed me which I have explained quite clearly, so I don't really have any more to say on that. Like I said people will believe what they want anyway, and defend their beliefs even when provided proof of otherwise. To anyone who tries to throw that back at me, like I have said many times, I will believe the people who built the cars and what I have seen with my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich86 View Post
I imagine M3Robs door handles were painted red after the car was sold.
I have spoken to 2 guys here in Japan who painted their door handles red after they bought their cars. There were obviously more. Ralliart Pit also confirmed to me that they painted door handles, wing blades etc for people before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlau1294 View Post
Maybe the 212 number is just an urban myth...?
If we could obtain some sort of verification on that number then that will at least help us understand why there appears to be more around?
Urban myth? I reckon I could post a snap shot of the Mitsubishi Microfiche and some people still won't believe it

Quote:
That is going from the epc online which is available. Feel free to check for yourself. I have not seen anything to base any other figures on.

Red tmes are everywhere. No way there are only 212. And in the epc you can clearly see that red non special colour pack models were being produced. Whether they were shipped to other companies for tuning etc is another matter.

I'm not trying to discredit anyone else's findings, I am just showing what I have found from a source that is valid and can be checked by all if wanted.
Again, if you prefer to trust that website than Mitsubishi then that's your choice. But EPC numbers are not based on actual manufacturing data.

Quote:
Is it possible Anthony that those numbers were allocated, and when one of that specific colour was made, that they then just plucked a number that matched?
I know you've said in the past that all the numbers are all over the place?
The chassis numbers were in manufacturing order AFAIK, but as I have said many times, there were often jumps in the numbers, usually when there was a pause in production (for example when there was a recall / change in AYC settings). You should see Starion numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just to stop the confusion of people banging on about the EPC.... Mitsubishi needed 2500 units for Homologation in Rallying not on the same level as the scam that Ford and MG rover pulled in the 80s, but either way there is your reason. Just because a manufacture has listed something it doesn't mean its physical

The clue was in the date for everyone, happy new year
^^ I really wish everyone had read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFNEK215MR View Post
If the 212 is correct then did mitsubishi provide the aftermarket company's that Anthony mentioned new vin plates indicating an R71 passion red paint code because obviously out of the factory all these SNGF chassis's would have other paint codes on the vin plate it wouldn't be R71
Yes that was done in some cases. It depended on what stage of completion the car was or intended use.

Quote:
Genuine red TME with red door handles going off the CP9A 020 chassis no. that Barrie gave me.
I was there when some of the UK cars came off the transporter new into the RAUK showroom There were red ones with red door handles.
Then this would have been done by or for Ralliart UK, quite plausible. My point was simply that Mitsubishi Japan never made red doorhandles for the TME which we were able to verify via the original parts database.
Ralliart UK was essentially no different to any Ralliart dealer who sold the cars new and with full Warranty, BUT they were able to make changes to the car that didn't affect warranty.

As I have mentioned before, Ralliart here in Japan would sometimes paint doorhandles for a customer before delivery (or change the exhaust system, or fit a carbon wing blade, or a roll cage (yes factory option), Ralliart diffs /suspension/diffs... etc and so on.... )
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand for so many people on here.

Quote:
Another thought back to the original post. What was said about Monster and Cusco may well be true in one way or another.

We have all seen a few red 5, 6 and TME RS's. Somebody told me, and this somebody dealt with both Ralliart Inc and Mr Tajima, that cars were special order cars by Monster Sport. They then may have changed the black RS door handles to red.
Yes correct Gav that is all true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie @ DCY View Post
So basically "........ Talking just red ones

1. confirmed black door tops are the rarest .... but they were painted red by another company..
Not quite, the black was painted by someone other than the factory.

Quote:
2. 212 made sngf2 stripe cars with black handles ,red door tops.

3. Both sngf and sngf2 both start with cp9a-020xxxx chassis code

4. And which we all know a cp9a-010 xxxx is a normal gsr

But top and bottom of it if you have a cp9a -020xxxx - you still have a proper tme .. So nothing has changed
CP9A 010 is NOT TME, but the rest is right

My TME progress & track day thread: https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=462309

Last edited by Mr Ralliart; 18-02-2016 at 07:33..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr Ralliart For This Useful Post:
Blunt.RS (11-02-2016), mik1 (12-02-2016), mondie (11-02-2016), peeler (11-02-2016), Red Rooster (11-02-2016), RichW (11-02-2016), squeakyclean32 (11-02-2016), will2 (11-02-2016), wizzzbang (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 15:31   #568
Mr Ralliart
Anthony

Car: Evolution 6 TME Ralliart Edition (JDM)
My Car
Quote:
Is their really anyone with a cp9a 010xxxx red tme - as that's a fake and only fake you could ever have ,as it's just the "gsr" . Surely their cant be anyone .
Unfortunately there are.
We had one on here recently, I know of a couple in Australia, one in Hong Kong, at least one in Malaysia, at least 2 in the Philippines, and there are many here in Japan (which if you recall I warned you about quite a while back when I tried to help you out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyturbo View Post
Mr Ralliart efforts are very intresting and helpful but maybe he could find out how many TME were produced in total (all colours)? There must be some questionable imports coming in or there are lots more than people think, red SNGF cars??
Tommy i've posted that on the Forum more times than you've had hot dinners

2021 GSR (total) 678 RS (total)

And sorry I have no exact break down on colours other than 212 red and the complete RS's were all white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFNEK215MR View Post
No he's saying that's how mitsi made them including a part number for red door handles lol
As I have said repeatedly, Mitsubishi never made red door handle for the TME (or red wing blades or half black doors). There are no such part numbers anywhere in the system, this was the very last thing I confirmed and really sealed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessimpson View Post
But.... Mr Ralliart..... I think you're full of it.
Charming...
Well, prove it or apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinks View Post
Anyway, regarding chassis numbers. Mitsi never allocated them in order. Being member of vcarious Galant/Legnum VR4 clubs we did research on that matter. Y'know, EC5xx is quite rare beast so as owners we did want to know how much were made and what sub-models. Obvious hunt for the rarest beast
Well, chassis numbers were allocated in batches indicating production time (remember that it's not day and month but 10 days periods IIRC), production line, transmission variants, ancilliares variants and trim variants (even colour of thread stiches used in cloth trim differ in numbers). Numbers were not in consecutive order, in many cases higher number was allocated to older vehicle. And most important, there were hundreds of chassis numbers not used at all, vehicles with that numbers never existed.
IMHO, that's the confusing case of you Red-Mak quest
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron Watson View Post
That is exactly the point matey... Nail on the head, red was available to order but it wasn't "SCP"
Incorrect. Show me proof of otherwise (you won't find it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron Watson View Post
Fog lights brackets can not be bought and are not part of the bill of materials at M however I have one on my "SCP" model..... Extra options are not availabe to add after market I guess?
If you mean the ones on this car:

They were an optional extra and are still available. I got a new set from Mitsubishi and sent them to an MLR member last year. They are visible on the factory option brochures.

Quote:
Are you trying to upset Mr Ralliart
None of them are that intelligent mate

Disappointment in some people yeah.

And lastly, for those who still doubt the painting, well look at this one. Here we have an original red RS!!, bought from the original Rally team which had it from brand new as a red TME RS. Inside, engine bay, underneath is all clearly original red paint (aside from repaired areas) WOW!!

I have not checked with my own eyes, but was told quite a while ago (2 years?) that this car has R71 on the build plate.

oh...wait a minute....

Any further questions, send me a PM, and if I like you I might answer

Bdee Bdee

My TME progress & track day thread: https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=462309

Last edited by Mr Ralliart; 18-02-2016 at 07:34..
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mr Ralliart For This Useful Post:
"The Taylor" (13-02-2016), AndyA (11-02-2016), Blunt.RS (11-02-2016), david_smith_909 (12-02-2016), gsrcolt (11-02-2016), Gunnerevo (11-02-2016), joe81 (11-02-2016), MajesticRadish (12-02-2016), mik1 (12-02-2016), mondie (11-02-2016), octainejunkee (11-02-2016), peeler (11-02-2016), Red Rooster (11-02-2016), Richard B (11-02-2016), RichW (11-02-2016), squeakyclean32 (11-02-2016), staffi (11-02-2016), swinks (15-02-2016), will2 (11-02-2016), wizzzbang (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 15:47   #569
staffi
TOO many posts.......

Good work sir, I for one find your info etc very helpful and fascinating so keep up the good work buddy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to staffi For This Useful Post:
DuncanIV (11-02-2016), mik1 (12-02-2016), peeler (11-02-2016), RichW (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 16:00   #570
[email protected]
OEM Parts Guru

I've ordered a red door handle.

Lead time is 6 weeks though.

These are the part numbers if anybody else wants to check

MR526624
MR526623
MR526621
MR526622

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-02-2016 at 17:56..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
bmandy68 (13-02-2016), JonnyTME (11-02-2016)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: