Can I sprint a convertible? (My new car) - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 14-11-2014, 17:38   #16
xiaolonguk

If I where you mate, id just save up your pennies then speak with a trader, and get a package deal. There is not a fat lot in between building it yourself and having a trader do it. Maybe 1000£.

If you collect bits, youll constantly change you mind ) and want bigger better. I had the same approach as you, ill get this then that... Ive not got a shed full of everything from brakes to turbos waiting to bolt on!!

Fingers cross come the new year ill put it back together, shes been in bits for over a year now so deserves to go back on the road
xiaolonguk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xiaolonguk For This Useful Post:
chickenbroom6 (14-11-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-11-2014, 18:32   #17
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
The answer to the title is a resounding yes
Testa28 (14-11-2014)
Old 14-11-2014, 18:49   #18
chickenbroom6

you probably right its hard to know where to start when you first buy a car just thought it would bring price down if i had most of bits probs better for me to get bits when i have cash . what build would you recommend ? thanks for your input.
chickenbroom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 19:04   #19
chickenbroom6

sorry to hijack your post again testa28 just a couple more questions when was cam belt last changed and do you still have front arch liners if you still have them i would buy off you if you wanted to sell cheers . by the wy beemer looks awsome track it .
Old 14-11-2014, 21:05   #20
Testa28

Car: evo 5 gsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbroom6 View Post
sorry to hijack your post again testa28 just a couple more questions when was cam belt last changed and do you still have front arch liners if you still have them i would buy off you if you wanted to sell cheers . by the wy beemer looks awsome track it .
I had a worn crank pully about August time this year, Wayne at wk autos changed it for me along with cam belt, it was done a year or so before this when Trl fitted the cams also

I always looked after the car mate, whenever it wanted something I got it done as I used to lie in bed thinking about it otherwise

It never had arch liners when I bought it but I believe EARS Motorsport have them in stock.

I recommend you try the mlr sprint series mate, it's the way to go if you want to experience what the car is capable of
chickenbroom6 (14-11-2014)
Old 15-11-2014, 22:42   #21
xiaolonguk

build was mate its horses for courses, and then how big is your budget? If youve only had the car a short while, id say enjoy it for a good year or so (thats my view), these machines are awesome stock, and you already have the extra ponies. Go to a few meets, chat to some decent people, perhaps have a passenger ride or two. I found that my wants and expectations constantly adjusted, but its difficult to know when to stop. Speaking of stopping the engine isnt the be all and end all of modding, think about stopping and handling. Whether its track or fast road, i dont think you can beat stopping power.

Which part of yorkshire you in?
xiaolonguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 22:08   #22
chickenbroom6

hi xiaolonguk im from sheffield i will enjoy it stock for a while just want to get a strong base build for future mods just wonderd wich way to go i would love to try the mlr sprints . just gonna get essentials done first .
Old 18-11-2014, 22:15   #23
Cryptwalk

Car: Trackd Evo 7
My Car
Send a message via MSN to Cryptwalk
Andy fox used a M3 in the mlrss a few years back, it didn't go well for him tbh, but then he's better at crashing anything than driving.
Cryptwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptwalk For This Useful Post:
Testa28 (20-11-2014)
Old 20-11-2014, 14:48   #24
AndyF_RSX
Underground mapper

Car: E3 GSR (geek special racer!!) & E9 MR FQ340
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptwalk View Post
Andy fox used a M3 in the mlrss a few years back, it didn't go well for him tbh, but then he's better at crashing anything than driving.
I don't know what you mean... It only needed some T-cut and it would be all OK again
Attached Images

AndyF_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 17:15   #25
Testa28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF_RSX View Post
I don't know what you mean... It only needed some T-cut and it would be all OK again
I think I've bought the right car, that's exactly what I've been look for (a car that's rewarding to drive) lol
Old 21-11-2014, 17:08   #26
chickenbroom6

hi mate just afew more questions was it mapped on 99 octane did you use 5w 40 oil if so what brand and is it an evo 8 turbine cheers
Old 21-11-2014, 17:18   #27
Testa28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbroom6 View Post
hi mate just afew more questions was it mapped on 99 octane did you use 5w 40 oil if so what brand and is it an evo 8 turbine cheers
Hi fella, it's mapped on shell v-power, oil is Fuchs Titan pro 5w40 and turbo is Evo 8 Mr turbo with the 10.5t turbine housing
Old 21-11-2014, 17:26   #28
chickenbroom6

thanks testa28 i wll continue to look after her the way you did .
The Following User Says Thank You to chickenbroom6 For This Useful Post:
Testa28 (21-11-2014)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: