Bought a bit of a dog evo 4 - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Old 08-11-2019, 20:59   #31
Evo(v)
User

Car: Standard evo iv
My Car
I'm hoping it all goes well, I could have spent 10k on a evo 6 to find it's rotten beyond reasonable repair, 10k cars still have rusty wishbones and all the rest of it underneath, worn hubs, abs, ayc rusty, diff on it's way out,

How I see it is what ever I replace on this I know is brand new and is one less thing to go wrong, eventually (once I find out from amd the chassis is good) I'll have a very reliable solid car,

One thing that is really irritating me though is the driver's seatbelt won't retract anyone selling one?

I will get some pictures this weekend, I will mainly take pictures of all the issues, do I have to have my pictures online to be able to add them?

I bought a legnum that had 12 month mot and turned out to be rotten that upset me a bit, still got that, I will need to break it soon as well
Evo(v) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 22:09   #32
LEGNUMVR4
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo(v) View Post
I'm hoping it all goes well, I could have spent 10k on a evo 6 to find it's rotten beyond reasonable repair, 10k cars still have rusty wishbones and all the rest of it underneath, worn hubs, abs, ayc rusty, diff on it's way out,

How I see it is what ever I replace on this I know is brand new and is one less thing to go wrong, eventually (once I find out from amd the chassis is good) I'll have a very reliable solid car,

One thing that is really irritating me though is the driver's seatbelt won't retract anyone selling one?

I will get some pictures this weekend, I will mainly take pictures of all the issues, do I have to have my pictures online to be able to add them?

I bought a legnum that had 12 month mot and turned out to be rotten that upset me a bit, still got that, I will need to break it soon as well
I have a super vr4 legnum myself I think I remember reading about your legnum on clubvr4.
Anything nice on the vr4 your breaking?
Pm me if you have so your thread stays on track .
LEGNUMVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 23:39   #33
Evo(v)
User

My Car
Dunno how to pm you, mines a super vr4 as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 23:46   #34
LEGNUMVR4
Senior User

Quote:
Dunno how to pm you, mines a super vr4 as well
Might have to be a paid member
[email protected]
LEGNUMVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 17:33   #35
Evo(v)
User

My Car
How do add images? It only gives me the option to add from url, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Evo(v) For This Useful Post:
Stoff (10-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 10:22   #36
TrickyDick
Very Senior User

Car: VII FQ-300x2
Quote:
How do add images? It only gives me the option to add from url, thanks
You can use attachments (go to advanced edit and see lower down page) although you need to use re-sized pictures otherwise they will be way too big. Easier to upload to a site like Imgur.com and copy the "img" links to paste into post. Imgur has a number of size options when copying img link which makes that bit easy.
TrickyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 22:16   #37
Evo(v)
User

My Car
Going to try and pay for full access now if I can find the link
Old 13-11-2019, 10:08   #38
KarlosDaJackal
Going faster than b4

Car: Audi S3 Quattro :D and fully forged 420/420 M.A.D UK WHITE TME
My Car
go advanced reply - use the paper clip to attach pics.. ( make sure the pics are resized )
KarlosDaJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 21:46   #39
Evo(v)
User

My Car
Name:  IMG-20191106-WA0000.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  1.70 MB

Name:  Screenshot_20191113-213914_eBay.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.19 MB

Name:  Screenshot_20191113-213904_eBay.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.14 MB

Name:  Screenshot_20191113-213853_eBay.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.02 MB

Name:  Screenshot_20191113-213844_eBay.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.18 MB

Does anyone recognise this car or know the previous owner? He must have been a proper dosser, painting the wheels with tin paint, painting rubber pipes in the engine bay with tin paint!? Wtf seriously so many crappy little bodges it's unreal, to stand back though n look at it n think yeah that looks good as well, the guy must be cracked or something?

Never mind I'm spending a small fortune on putting it right over time, as said before it's booked in this weekend to have a lot of work done, sadly the body work will have to wait a little longer, I'm not getting the old dulux n paint brush out any time soon
Old 13-11-2019, 21:48   #40
Evo(v)
User

My Car
Can admin resize that first image? It didn't give me the option to resize any oictures
Old 13-11-2019, 21:53   #41
david_smith_909
Senior User

Car: E6
Underside is a must for proper inspection, I'd get it inspectied from the likes or C1r or someone (typo) as long as your happy taking on the other work, fair play mate, look forward to updates

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

B8 Audi RS4 - 4.2 V8
david_smith_909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 23:51   #42
Evo(v)
User

My Car
It's going to amd ltd in Wigan they will completely strip the underneath and underseal it all I believe, it will look like brand new,

From 13:50 tou can see the after results which look pretty amazing to be honest, if mine comes out like that I'd feel a lot better, I couldn't wash and polish a car on the outside knowing the underneath was rotting away but people do and that's why they end up in the scrap yard

Bought some cusco 6 point adjustment coilovers as well to go on with all the new bushes it should feel like a completely different car as at the moment my 508 estate feels like it can go around corners quicker and safer, I will buy a full Tein coilover set next year then start work on the engine and bodywork
Old 14-11-2019, 07:27   #43
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
having seen what the top looks like i can only see utter horror underneath id proceed with extreme caution i can see rust where if its that bad there its REALLY bad ,and almost impossable to fix nicely

MASSIVE respect for doing it tho ,if i ever bother with another evo it will be a 4
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 07:36   #44
Mita
Senior User

I’ve said it earlier on in the thread mate. You really need to stop the spending and get it properly looked at first. Looking at the pics rust on the outside of the fuel flap is a very bad sign
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
super rover (14-11-2019)
Old 14-11-2019, 11:00   #45
Evo(v)
User

My Car
Already had the mot station really go over underneath and they said it was solid, I've got it booked in at amd this weekend to have the underneath sorted, my priority is the chasis, once that is sorted I'll be happy I've only bought a few bits
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: