Bought a bit of a dog evo 4 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2019, 04:45   #1
Evo(v)
User

Car: Standard evo iv
My Car
Bought a bit of a dog evo 4

I've just bought my first evo, never owned one before so I've a lot to learn, obviously the car looked a lot worse in person but I bought it anyway, it's an evo 4 in scotia white, there isn't a single panel on the car that doesn't have either lacquer peel or surface rust, it feel ok to drive but having said that I can't compare it to anything,

It has 12 month's mot, but I've sent it in to a mot station near me to see if it is legitimate or not, if it isn't I will be contacting the seller and the mot station if I don't get a reasonable response from them I will be contacting vosa? Dvla? I bought a legnum vr4 once with 12 months not that was rotten beyond repair and 3 garages said that it definitely never had a mot a year ago but there was nothing I could do as I couldn't prove it hadn't rotted in my ownership,

One issue I'm concerned about is the idle it hovers around 900 rpm but seems a bit hesitant, when I want to pull away it bogs down, I've tried applying a bit more rpm but seems to kangaroo then fly off?

No cig lighter, easy fix

No reverse light is this on same circuit as lighter socket?

Drivers door cloth peeled away from the door? Strange

Drivers seat is ruined

Water in the driver's foot well which I do need advice on? Not a clue about that?

Going over little pot holes makes my soul want to leave my body, the bangs are sickening like metal on metal no rubber at all,

I'll be sorting paint first then move onto suspension components, starting from bushes if anyone can recommend a full car kit?

I've got brembo front and rear calipers, new drilled/grooved disks front and rear and pads, braided hoses,

Ayc pump has been removed, he cut the pipes and folded them over to stop leaks? Bodge, pump needs a new solenoid, going to relocate to the boot,

Got twins and a house to decorate so this will be an on going thing but respray will hopefully start in 2 weeks time when I'm off,
Evo(v) is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: