Street/Circuit build. - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Suspension / Handling

Old 06-02-2020, 02:47   #1
ZeroEvo

Street/Circuit build.

Hey, new to the registry. Iím from the states and Iím building my evo V for street/circuit use. I wanted to know if anyone on here could help with some advice on suspension and chassis work. I have JRZ pro2ís for suspension, a whiteline rear lower anti sway bar but Iím stuck on what brand and size to use for front and rear upper anti sway bars. If anyone out there who races on the circuits and also uses their evo as a street car; Iíd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks
ZeroEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 16:34   #2
McGoo60
Senior User

What do you mean by upper front and rear sway bars? They only have one front and one rear or am I missing something? In the UK a sway bar is an anti roll bar, are you talking about strut braces?
McGoo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 17:49   #3
Trev-the-Rev

Car: V1 RS450 Extreme.
My Car
A lot of owners who have fitted uprated front anti roll bars (sway bars) have found that it increases understeer and in a lot of cases have put them back to stock.

Never run out of track, grip and ideas at the same time
Trev-the-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 22:42   #4
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
Fit anti-roll bars to help you adjust chassis balance and to sharpen steering response to your preference, in conjunction with the chassis set-up you already have. Don’t fit them because other people have done it. ie, fit one if you need to, that’s it.

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:35   #5
r3k1355
Senior User

On a car that age you wanna be looking at the bushes first, not sway bars or strut braces.
r3k1355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:08   #6
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Looks like you trying to "have your cake and eat it". Any car that's optimised for regular road use probably won't be great on track, and vice versa.

Whatever route you decide to take, try to work through things methodically starting with the basics eg bushes, as already mentioned, but also, especially on what is now a fairly old car, that the chassis isn't in any way compromised by weakening due to corrosion.
VR-4Squid (03-03-2020)
Old 19-02-2020, 08:38   #7
ZeroEvo

Thanks for all the input. The bushing are upgraded to polyurethane already. Yes, Iíd like to have my cake and eat it too but not to the extremes some of you may think. I come from a drag racing background so all the expertise and technical advice about taking laps on the circuit is all new to me and learned through listening to others that have the experience I lack. I donít want it to be an all out track car just a car thatís OEM+ so to speak. Modifications so far are

-JRZ pro series 2 coilovers
-TME evo upgraded turbo with 10.5 hotside new titanium turbine wheel and billet compressor wheel.
-ported stock Evo VIII intake manifold
- ID 1050cc injectors
-255 walbro pump
-aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-prothane polyurethane bushings

Thereís also a whiteline bar that is under the car which I was assuming to be a rear lower anti sway bar unless Iím calling it something itís not. Next up is a set of R888Rís, upgraded brake lines, pads and rotors before I go all out full big brake kit. So the build is relatively very basic as Iím just gonna be getting my first season of circuit racing under my belt this year so any constructive input is welcome. I know you guys across the water are more familiar with the CP9A platform because youíve had it for years so I appreciate whatever positive input I can get. Thanks.

Also, Iíd like to post pics but Iím not sure how to do it on here. Someone wanna help the new guy from the states😂😭😭😭😭
ZeroEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 09:11   #8
7722adam
Senior User

Car: Evo VI GSR, Evo 8 260
My Car
Click Go Advanced in the reply section. Select Manage attachments and select pics.

Note sizing can get all screwed on here, so best to preview first to make sure they are not massive, you may need to resize accordingly
Old 19-02-2020, 22:04   #9
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
What size tyres, and what spring rates are you running?

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: