Lancer Register Forum banner

MLR500 Timetable

8K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  Jason Hulbert 1 
#1 · (Edited)
With a few weeks to the main event, here's the MLR500 Timetable;

8:00-9:00: Driver registration, wristband collection and briefing
8:30-10:00: Scrutineering
9:30-11:30: Free practice (12 car limit)
11:30-12:00 Lunch break / car maintenance
12:00-14:00: Heat 1
14:15-16:15: Heat 2
16:30-17:30: MLR500 Final
17:30: Prize giving
18:00: Bar opens in the MLR500 marquee!

Over the next few days we will be contacting all the teams to ask for your car details so we know how many cars we have in the three classes (FWD, RWD, 4WD), and so we can allocate cars in the two heats.

At this moment the top two cars from each class, and from each heat will go through to the MLR500 Final. The overall class winners will win a ludicrously expensive prize - or maybe just the kudos of knowing you won one of motorsports top honours! :crackup:

There will be more information and a final defined list of rules over the forthcoming week, along with info about the party, camping etc etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
how comes there are now two heats? do we have too many cars? hows that work now the races are shorter with refueling and driver changes?

and should there not be a b final so we all get the same time out of our investment should we not qualify

and considering the info about regs and stuff has been some wat poor, whats the scruteneering going to entail?

#3 · (Edited)
Good points Rob
I figured 3 hr endurance 4 drivers 2 drives each 20ish mins
Now do we do less changes stay in longer?
And everyone who is still running should get 3 hrs total.
Teams running 1st round get 2 hrs to fix and set up for final 2nd round car have 15mins?

Time is short we need to know how it is going to happen.

Liam

#4 ·
The Event
* All team members will be required to “sign-in” on the day and complete an Indemnity Form, prior to attending a driver’s briefing
* All team members will be required to keep their arms and legs covered at all times
* All drivers must wear a helmet and seat belt (or harness) when in the car
* Once briefed all drivers will have to complete 3 “sighting laps” to gain a feel for the car on the circuit
* All drivers will be given a wristband after they have completed their sighting laps. No drivers will be allowed to compete without a wristband
* No passengers will be allowed in the cars
* There must be a minimum of SIX driver changes during the race
* Drivers must drive for a minimum of 15 minutes in the car after each driver change
* On entry to the pits, only one of three activities can take place at any one time, ie: driver change, refuel or car repair
* Driver changes and refuelling will take part in different parts of the Paddock, both of which will be signed
* Car engines must be switched off during all driver changes and refuelling
* Refuelling must be by 20ltr ‘jerry cans’ with the proper spout to avoid spillage
* No fuel pumps are allowed for refuelling
* Only the driver is allowed to refuel the car
* The Race, Pits and Paddock will be marshalled throughout
* No form of car-to-pit radio or telephone communication is allowed

Acording to the original brief we need 6 changes in 2 hours?

We will spend longer changin drivers than driving.

Liam

#7 ·
LR6GSR said:
A one of 3-4 hr bring it on that was the original concept :D

Liam
I think they are doing it for cars like Andy has got and Liam as i dont think they would last longer than 2 hours :crackup: .

But i thought it was going to be 3/4 hours and from the looks of it most of us will be standing about.

If you get there at 8am and if you are in heat 2 and not start til 2.15 pm thats a long wait :confused:

Lee

#9 ·
Cheeky b*******s the lot of you.

It was done on grounds of safety with the numbers of cars on the track based on advice from the local Autograss club.

Any more than 10-12 cars becomes a serious problem with incidents.

Or at least, that's what I understand from speaking to Darin about it a week ago.

Andy

#11 ·
The concept seems to be diluting surely we knew car numbers on track when we rented it a year ago???
2 weeks to go and it all kicks off as for drinking on the Sunday i will be driving and we have to get home also.
More than happy to sink a few on Sat providing the camping, beer tent, hog roast and band are still on :confused

I have PM Darin we need focus on this i remember Rob getting told dont wory it is 5 months away looks like he was right.

Rant over i hope we get the event we expect. It should be the best ever.

Liam

#12 ·
As it's the first time the MLR have organised something like this i'm sure it's not going to run 100% to plan.

I'd like to think it will be a great day, and if possible and if the cars hold up, it can be repeated again before xmas and early next year ??

That way it will be much cheaper as you won't have to buy another car / tyres etc (if yours survives) :D

#14 · (Edited)
Tad confused here guys. :confused:

I thought this was a one off 3 hour endurance race where all cars are on the track together. Where did all this 2 heats and a final come from. Whether its to do with safety or turbo cars going pop I think its watered down the whole experience?? :mad:

As a team we will have invested over £700 including entry fee for a two hour drive around a field after a 4-5 hour drive. :blah:

This was going to be a one off special MLR event and doing another one before Xmas would just be overkill. We have been planning this for 7 months and I can guarantee you will get nowhere near the numbers we have for this one signing up for another one before Xmas. :(

Ok, I agree its a first time event for the MLR and there will be teething problems but I would've expected the basics to have been sorted and agreed way before now with 10 days to go to the event........ :rolleyes:

Not quite sure where this event is going to end up to be honest :confused:

#15 ·
Rob,

We have 21 teams taking part and in the interests of safety - as Andy has said - we've been advised that 21 cars is too many to have on the track at any one time, hence the two heats.

The timetable was devised with safety in mind, but also with aim of giving everyone as much time behind the wheel as possible. Practice is necessary and with 2 hours of free practice to allow everyone to get used to the car on the circuit (3 laps for ALL drivers will take a while!), followed by a 2 hour endurance and another hour for the best cars, that's a total of between approx 2.5 and 3.5 hours of driving for each team.

With the spectacle of watching the other teams too we thought this was a great mix, but maybe we were wrong? :( This is a unique event, run for the first time and as such I'll be amazed if we get it right immediately, but as it's 'our' event we can tweak the timetable - so how about this . . . .

8:00-9:00: Driver registration, wristband collection and briefing
8:00-9:00: Scrutineering (simply to make sure the cars meet the regs and are safe to run)
9:00-10:20: Free practice (12 car limit)
10:30-13:20: Heat 1
13:30-16:20: Heat 2
16:30-17:30: MLR500 Final
17:45: Prize giving
18:00: Bar opens in the MLR500 marquee!

Liam and everyone,

I agree I've not been on top of this as much as I should have and for that I'm sorry, but this one-off event was kicked off was to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the MLR - where everyone taking part and spectating could have a laugh and do something totally different, whilst not spending a fortune as it was team event.

Hopefully it'll work and we will all have a great day. . . and night - yes, the marquee, band and bar are all booked. :D

Benny,
We won't be doing another one before Xmas - and maybe never as the circuit will be sold in October. :cry:

#17 ·
Ive just read the time table again and it still all ammounts to 3 hours driving per team which was what i thought it was all along so what seems to be the problem people??

Its a team thing,not how long can "I" get to drive :p ;)

#18 ·
Lengthmeister said:
I fully agree,i mean i drove ours back from chigwell and reached breakneck speeds nearly ammounting to 125 mph ill have you know :p
And you may like to know on Mon. I pulled a large nail out of one of the the tyres , which you were using to drive on at 125mph down the M1, not surprising the tyre went down like the Twin Towers!! :eek:

#19 ·
The Time Table has been amended to give the total.
I have had a good talk with Darin and everything is looking good.
Friday camping is avalable. The site has toilets etc. We will be there friday evening.
Food and beer on site saturday with the evening entertainment all set.
Darin has car decal packs for each car :coolsm:
So here is to a great MLR event

Liam :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.