Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Suspension / Handling

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 16-02-2012, 16:29   #16
4g638

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kins View Post
Thanks Gaz.

Marios - It looks like they're a steel body shock with a triple process zinc coating.
I was sure I read somewhere that they had stainless steel bodies, had a look on the net and this link says otherwise Karl : http://www.venommotorsport.com/manuf...ishi&model=Evo
Advertisement

Old 16-02-2012, 16:53   #17
kins
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo VI RS
My Car
Send a message via MSN to kins Send a message via Skype™ to kins
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g638 View Post
I was sure I read somewhere that they had stainless steel bodies, had a look on the net and this link says otherwise Karl : http://www.venommotorsport.com/manuf...ishi&model=Evo
You're right Marios - that link definitely says stainsless. How confusing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 17:22   #18
4g638

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kins View Post
You're right Marios - that link definitely says stainsless. How confusing

Nevertheless they a good piece of a kit and I'd definitely consider them

Marios
Old 16-02-2012, 17:48   #19
pastymaster
North Wales RO

Car: Evo X FQ360, FK2 Civic Type R, Clio 182 & Type 2 VW Camper
My Car
Send a message via AIM to pastymaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g638 View Post
Never tried these, but was thinking of getting them, thanks for the feedback.

Marios
No problem Marios, it's a shame you don't live closer otherwise you could have come out to see how they feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsBro View Post
I did the brakes first, the combination is great!

As you say with the winters its difficult to tell exactly how improved on pressing on 1 thing I have noticed on part of my local route is on the exit of a roundabout the camber change used to unsettle the standard suspension moving the car probably 18 inches doing the same now and it just rides over it allowing me to power earlier...

I'm looking for some decent summer rubber to, I was going for 050's but they seem to have stopped being made??? So I may go for pilot cups if I can get a decent price
Nice!!, I don't think I'll be stretching to AP's but they do look the dogs.

Roundabouts certainly have got more fun , it is impressive how stable the car stays. Have you run any different coilovers on your IX before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
£'s
Having just seached for those Piolt Cup's I think you need a couple more of those smilies!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pastymaster; 16-02-2012 at 17:52..
pastymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 19:55   #20
[email protected]
OEM Parts Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
when would that have been ?
When we were having one of our many conversations about the quality of suspension kits available, and I told you I had put a B16 kit on mine. I know I did as I try to tell just about everybody
Gav@RossSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 20:09   #21
InsBro

Location: Pace Ward Ltd.Ralliart Mitsubishi & MLR Official Insurance Broker 01782 286311
Car: Lambo Huracan LP610 & Porsche Cayenne S Diesel
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastymaster View Post

Nice!!, I don't think I'll be stretching to AP's but they do look the dogs.

Roundabouts certainly have got more fun , it is impressive how stable the car stays. Have you run any different coilovers on your IX before?

Having just seached for those Piolt Cup's I think you need a couple more of those smilies!!!

Not sure if Gaz still has some second hand AP's at the moment

Not ran anything bar the standard Bilstein on the IX before

Cups are really sticky and you can always get 30% off even though 50 would be better!!

Stand alone track day cover at all track days even for none PW policyholders.

PWMLRSS sponsors 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Follow us on FaceBook
New Website Launched 07/16
InsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 21:30   #22
Mr GTiR

Car: Was a 400bhp GTiR but now a NR built and mapped VI @ 411/380...on low boost! and E60 530d M Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr GTiR
Good write up. I've been thinking of getting the B16 - PSS9 kit.

Gaz, how much difference is there between the B14 and B16 kit? PM me if you want.
Mr GTiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 23:04   #23
dangerousdave

Car: Icecelle VI
I think when they say stainless shock bodies they may mean the inserts and not the strut casings which are coated?

The other good thing with bilstein is their customer service for any problems, mine are up there at the moment getting a rebuild (£80+vat each) and new front strut casing bushes. Even though they are at least 5+ years old and converted to 2 1/2" coilovers from the adjustable via a snap ring/circlip type (which i didnt realise until they got hold of them and told me!) servicing them is no problem!
dangerousdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 20:37   #24
pastymaster
North Wales RO

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsBro View Post
Not sure if Gaz still has some second hand AP's at the moment
Don't tempt me! I think my girlfriend would kill me if I suggested it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GTiR View Post
Good write up. I've been thinking of getting the B16 - PSS9 kit.
Thanks bud

I'd be interested to see how you get on with the 16's if you get them.

Old 26-02-2012, 20:35   #25
R'ace'R

Anyone know front and rear spring rates for B14 kit?
R'ace'R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 18:40   #26
pastymaster
North Wales RO

My Car
I've updated the second post with some pics from today.

I'll get doing some good runs over the coming weeks and post an updated review for when using normal tyres.

Old 28-07-2020, 15:08   #27
UrbanD

My Car
Let me revive this topic
So, after 4 years on AST 5100 I switched to B14 and I must say that along with stock camber bolts (-2.2 camber), Whiteline rear ARB (hardest pos.) and front Whiteline lift-kit, the car handles great!
For day-to-day use and some occasional trackdays, this is the best suspension for the EVO in my opinion.
You can easily set it to a desirable height. The stiffness of the ride is just right! Not too bumpy on bad roads but stiff in the corners. The back really follows you nicely and the overall feeling in fast corners is very safe.
I would definately recommend this to anyone who is looking to fit coilovers.
edbowles86 (28-07-2020), sfg (30-07-2020)
Old 28-07-2020, 17:27   #28
sfg
Senior User

My Car
I am the greatest fan of oem bilsteins [B6 with a slightly stiffer HD option I believe] for road use so can anyone comment on having experienced both oem bilsteins and these b14s, maybe Gaz especially in comparison with ohlins r and t etc. Bumpy B road performance is my only priority.
sfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 18:19   #29
Rick1993
Junior User

Car: Mitsubishi Evo 5
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg View Post
I am the greatest fan of oem bilsteins [B6 with a slightly stiffer HD option I believe] for road use so can anyone comment on having experienced both oem bilsteins and these b14s, maybe Gaz especially in comparison with ohlins r and t etc. Bumpy B road performance is my only priority.
I'd be interested to hear the comments on this too. I was looking at B6's on my 5 with Eibach Springs (comes to about £860) however Bilstein UK are doing a reasonable deal on B14s at the moment so wondering what is better value for a road car. (https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/pr...f6558112&_ss=r)

Last edited by Rick1993; 28-07-2020 at 18:25..
Rick1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 05:52   #30
madmatt
Senior User

I've had B14 on my Evo 6 and yea they were good. Didn't drive the car that much unfortunately but they are a bit on the soft side for me.
madmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madmatt For This Useful Post:
sfg (30-07-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: