Lancer Register Forum banner

Gunmetal grey engine bay paint

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shaunJ3CTR 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I am planning to paint my engine bay over winter. The factory engine bay paint finish is very flat compared to the bodywork, it looks to be just gunmetal grey basecoat without any lacquer on it, can anybody verify this before I go and paint it?

Thanks

#4 ·
I have a good touch up paint for my Gunmetal car but if I use it in the engine bay its a long way off so not sure its that simple or if Lacquer makes such a big difference though it will make some obviously.
Can't really see what other colour it would be though tbh……...
Thanks Mark, im going to spray the whole bay anyway just want to try and keep it looking original.

#3 · (Edited)
Hi mate, to be honest although i've been a bit of a handyman (will never be, ever again!) in the past, i've now resigned to the fact that my Evo V GSR needs all the TLC it can get (especially with it now getting on a bit - fifth gen's are my true love!). So i make sure i take them to proper mobile car detailers. The latest fella i took it to down south did such a cracking job. He's a mobile car detailer https://www.mobile-cardetailing.co.uk and comes out to your gaff. I've been back three times since - stellar work tbh. Moral of the story, sometimes you've gotta pay for the good stuff especially for motors like ours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.