Ralliart Sportback Update-Suspension, Fuel filter,Cracked Manifold. - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 02-02-2020, 08:58   #1
fozz57
Senior User

Car: Ralliart Sportback
Ralliart Sportback Update-Suspension, Fuel filter,Cracked Manifold.

I thought my experiences of these things might be of interest to other Ralliart Sportback owners on this forum.

Suspension.
Last service indicated that the shock absorbers needed replacing.
Extensive emails and searches produced very thin results for the Sportback. Eventually went with KYB as I had used these on the old Forester and they were fine. A word of caution..beware of the data that online sites use as they are all assuming the Sportback has 16" wheels and not the 18" on the Ralliart. A KYB pdf gives the correct details for cross referencing. Now fitted and all good.

Fuel Filter.
Mitsubishi say replace at 80k miles. Most motor factors told me it was a "for life" item. Main dealer price £179. Only one UK alternative supplier and when carriage was factored in it was virtually the same price. Eventually, after much searching I found a supplier in Singapore that could supply an equivalent part for £37 including delivery. Bought one, arrived quickly, fitted and works fine. Caution warning again, delivered by DHL and their Accounts/VAT department is totally useless.

Cracked Exhaust Manifold.
First time ever in over 50 years of driving that this has happened. Tried welding but it failed so had to get a new one. Used main dealer as they could supply next day, only other UK supplier was much longer to wait. Fitted and all OK.

All I can say is that if you need bits for the Ralliart Sportback then be prepared to spend time searching for them but sometimes there is no alternative to the main dealer.
Cheers
Brian.
fozz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fozz57 For This Useful Post:
big S (02-02-2020), Rampant (02-02-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2020, 18:59   #2
mlau1294
Senior User

Car: Blue Evo 9 (470/465), White 6RS (350/340) & Black Lancer GSR Ralliart Sportback (300/310)
My Car
Thanks Brian, useful to know.

Any chance of providing links to what and where you bought, would be useful for anyone who is in need..?

Cheers.
mlau1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:22   #3
fozz57
Senior User

Car: Ralliart Sportback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlau1294 View Post
Thanks Brian, useful to know.

Any chance of providing links to what and where you bought, would be useful for anyone who is in need..?

Cheers.
Here we go.

Filter was from fitinPart.sg and you just put in the vin number for the part alternatives.

KYB confirmed the 18" fitment and I bought from .... sparepartstore24.co.uk
The site is part of a German multi name spares conglomerate, just google Lancer suspension. Do not use their data base if you have 18" wheels.

Manifold, gaskets, nuts bolts etc all from main dealer, next day supply.
Not a lot of choice in alternatives !

Cheers
Brian.

Last edited by fozz57; 03-02-2020 at 16:20..
fozz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fozz57 For This Useful Post:
big S (05-02-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: