Lancer Register Forum banner

How much have you spent on your evo

9K views 77 replies 50 participants last post by  nickyd150 
#1 ·
I'm currently at around 7k

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
About the same here too.

Bought the car in August 2017 and drove in a few times and then garaged from October 2017 to April 2018.

Over that time spent a huuuuugggggeeee amount on parts and had them all fitted in April.

No doubt there will be more to come............

Reactions: mikegsi
#20 ·
Everyone knows how the 10's are expensive :blah: not including buying my car and the remap before I received it. Its my only car but I dont do big miles -

Including an oil service and MOT, less than £400 in 20 months :lol: (obviously not including insurance, tax and fuel)

Stu

#25 ·
My Mechanics bought an island in the Bahamas just with the labour I made him do ^^

I have a lot of very expensive parts and mods. Also, ever changing is not too economical...
I probably spent 30K in buying the car nearly new ten years ago and minimum 2 or 3 times this amount in mods, repairs and reliable and accurable maintenance...

#28 ·
I’ve spent over 1400 pounds on tyres this week.1st set same size what came off the car
Then found out they was rubbing the archers when Cornering. So back to the tyre place for set of 225-40-18.
So if anybody is wanting a set of Yokohama advan neova AD08 235-40-18 I have a set for sale.

#45 ·
I've spent over 1400 pounds on tyres this week.1st set same size what came off the car
Then found out they was rubbing the archers when Cornering. So back to the tyre place for set of 225-40-18.
So if anybody is wanting a set of Yokohama advan neova AD08 235-40-18 I have a set for sale.
They don't rub from the factory so you've obviously done something like lower it or fitted different alloys, and because of that you now need sub-optimal tyres and probably worse handling. Doing any mods that adversely affect the handling is like going out with a model and slashing her face.

Too much, had the car nearly two years and it's still in project mode. 1st Evo I have owned and apart from a 1/2 mile drive I have never driven an evo properly or in anger so hopefully this year will change :D
If you're not that familiar with how it drives standard then how do you know what you want changed, and how are you going to know what has been improved and what has been made worse? Extensively modding a car you've never driven is like ordering from a Michelin star restaurant and smothering the food in ketchup before you've even tried it.
Yeah I sprayed mine yellow, but you know this looks fabulous...

#35 ·
About 3k in the 3 years I’ve owned it. I haven’t used it that much and it’s been kept standard. Other that servicing it, I’ve had the decals replaced and full detail which was a few quid, I haven’t had to even replace the tyres yet. They are due though and so is the clutch. I had the timing belt done last month and had the car dyno’d to see how she was running.
Generally though, it’s needed for nothing.

#36 ·
I've only had mine since December, other than purchase cost and insurance etc, I think I've spent about 50 quid lol. Got a few minor plans for it, but think it's cracking, so will probably just leave as is and maintain it well

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.