Lancer Register Forum banner

Gear Linkage angle and gear selection issue

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Foxman117 
#1 ·
I am having some issues with selecting 2nd gear on my 5 speed gearbox, I have read that a lot of other people have similar issues until the gearbox has warmed up, but it does seem quite bad.

I have noticed that one of my gear linkages seems to be at an angle to its holding bracket on the transmission case itself, I feel as though it should be straight so that there is not resistance and not to an angle, is this normal or should it be straight? I wonder if this could be causing me the problem

I know that the cable is not bent because when I remove the eyelet from the selector pin it is returns to a normal position

any help or previous experience would be greatly appreciated

Regards Shaun

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
the cable mounting bracket on evo 4s early 5s has a rubber isolator in them that rots and falls apart leaving you gearless ,the easiest way to repair them was weld them together

finding another mounting wont be easy as later cables had differant ends so its a cable swop as well which is a pig of a job

as for the issues ,id have said it wont help one but id bend the brackets so the cables lay where they should because while it may not be the whole issue it defo wont help

#7 ·
the painted silver bracket you have that the cables mount to the gear box is welded up as its an early one that had the falling apart issue ,thats why its welded ,you need to change or bend that one back in shape some how so the cables run straight

it seems its been bent at some time making the cable alignment wrong

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.