Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 Trackcar Build......Lots of Pics.

1M views 933 replies 253 participants last post by  OllieEvo6 
#1 ·
Where do I start..........:lol:

A few people have asked to see some pics of my car and it's build progress so here goes. I haven't got pics of everything as I get engrossed in what I'm doing and forget about the camera :lol:

I've done everything myself including a full engine build, gearbox rebuild, front and rear diff build, all fabrication, infact everything apart from mapping, welding in the cage and paint work.

The engine was finished last year and I carried out shakedown testing of many bespoke parts and a new suspension set-up during the summer, and then the car was taken off the road this winter for a complete stripdown for cage fitment and to lighten the car as much as possible without compromising safety.

As the many people who have done this know, it's a big project, including a full strip and rewire of the loom :blah:

I think the last pics of the car I posted on this forum were in 2002, so some more are a bit overdue.....:D

Hopefully you'll enjoy looking as much as I do at other builds such as RossW, Barry, Norris, Daz, etc.

I'll start with a pic of the car last year at Norris, carrying out a mapping session.

Attachments

See less See more
#903 ·
Dear Clive,

Thank you for patience with "advice seekers".

In case it helps anybody else lurking...
I am going to raise my Roll Center with extended ball joint/stud - Kikiturbo designed it.
Its 30mm long, and I am swapping TME uprights (E5 are same) to E7/8/9 uprights, for an additional 11-12mm of roll correction.

I am going to use square spring setup 8/8 kg with this, and keep on TME front and rear roll-bars: Front is Cusco 25mm and rear is 24mm bar- which I may swap over to 25mm to give me more adjustment range.

I have caster/top-mounts and I am using E6 arms with custom ball-joint bracket that pushes track out 15mm per side and forward 10mm for more caster.

This is for fast road.

Same idea applies to CT9A, which was the "subject" of my original question, going form 10/11 to 12/11 kg by Clive.
And I have 10/12 kg.

I will try 10/10 with same raised front roll-center as above, and may even try 11/11.
CT9A is for track use, so it needs to be harder sprung than road-setup TME.

#907 ·
I remember this turning up to Rockingham iirc absolute beast of a car and set ftd on something like the 1st practice run !!

Reactions: Clivew
#910 ·
:lol:

Has it been out much Clive?

Because as you know, when you work for self you can have as much time off as you like....

Reactions: Mita
#920 ·
Yes it's better to go on track days. You can get all the FTDs you want. I did wonder why you never came back. Best value for money on the track days going round and round overtaking corsa and saxo lads.
What's wrong with a well set-up saxo, and who says they don't overtake me? Great, fun car. :smthumbup

You'd been developing you're car for years, I turn up with a car that I'd just finished building, 2nd sprint I'd ever done and beat you're winning time in practice with a passenger on board. :crackup:

You only came on and started to spam this thread when peeler said I got ftd. You just couldn't help yourself to tell everyone you won. Says it all. :lol:

#924 ·
I seem to go through this thread every 6 months or so, absolutely incredible.

I don't suppose anyone knows which brand the side skirt extensions are? Clive mentions GP Sports in the post regarding the extensions, but I'm 99% certain those were the front guards only (I've got the same GP Sports front guards). I'm after skirt extensions and Clive's appear to be exactly what I'm after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.