Lancer Register Forum banner

How much have you spent on your evo

9K views 77 replies 50 participants last post by  nickyd150 
#1 ·
I'm currently at around 7k

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Any more than £5k is a total waste of money unless you're going to compete seriously in some form of motorsport. We spent about 3.5k on our VIII MR to get it to 400/400 which is all you need (and more) for fast road use. You'll never get your money back, but if you've got very deep pockets and don't care about flushing it down the drain, knock yourself out. See 'For Sale' section/Pistonheads for confirmation.

#40 ·
I’m quite surprised that I’ve only spent about 3k on it, but managed to claw back around £1200 from selling bits I took off the car.

I haven’t factored serviceable items in the cost such as tyres and oil/filter etc....

Happily running 420/425 and nothing else planned other than regular maintanence.

More miffed at paying £45 a month road tax and £50 a month insurance for it to sit in my garage looking pretty..... but that’s all forgotten about when I take her out for a blast!

#44 ·
I’ve had my Evo X SST 330 4 years this month!
I’ve done around 60k mileage and I’d say not including tyres.

Remap, decat, induction, 3 port.

About £2.5k.

My Ayc pump has just gone so that’s another grand easy.

I need tyres

And a respray because of stone chips.

Oh and Bluetooth has stopped working so going to replace stereo

Still love the car and absolutely have no plans to get rid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 ·
Blimey some of you guys spend some serious cash on your cars! Iv not spent a small single penny on mine in nearly 3 years (it's not even insured) but then it's not turned a wheel in those 3 years either!

It's no garage queen it's just life has got in the way and I'm building my own house at the moment so have to prioritise my spending and a car is far down the list right now.

Not knocking the guys who are as its their chose to spend their money how they chose and if they have the spare money and are not borrowing to spend on an evo then fair play to them.

#68 ·
I’m 44 don’t have a credit card either. Learnt my lesson many years ago.

My friends are all pushing get this done get that done.. oh wait for it.. why don’t you.

I’ve tried to live within my means. I used my car as a daily for nearly 3 years, then I realised I was smashing the miles.

So I brought a cheap merc for work etc.

I’ve keep the car and I’m saving up to get a new ayc pump, then new tyres, stereo then paint job.

Point is don’t go made with it, it could be stolen or written off tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#78 · (Edited)
Performance costs money. Whilst any Evo isn't a 'class' car, you would have to spend a lot more to get anything new (or nearly new) with similar performance.
If you need some power, four doors and 4/5 seats there isn't a lot of choice out there.. OK if you have 50 grand, and then some.

I've worked out what I've spent in nearly 5 years on my X SST. It's over five grand and counting, but it hasn't gone wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.