Lancer Register Forum banner

ABS sensor replacement

550 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  michael260 
#1 · (Edited)
Morning Gents, & ladies of course...

Doing the lovely task of changing a faulty ABS sensor on the front right. Managed to get the old one out after a short fight but I've just put the new one in and the end of the sensor is hitting the ring before its seated onto the hub.

Its a 260 (yes I know) and the replacement was from Ross sport. Anyone come across this before ?

Cheers

#3 ·
I had the same thing. I put an o-ring around the sensor body and a washer under the fixing tab, job done. It should be close but obviously not touching!
Also it’s worth reading the ABS section of the workshop manuals as it tells you how to clear the ABS fault memory.

#5 ·
I had the same thing. I put an o-ring around the sensor body and a washer under the fixing tab, job done. It should be close but obviously not touching!
Also it's worth reading the ABS section of the workshop manuals as it tells you how to clear the ABS fault memory.
Cheers, I ended up making a 2mm steel spacer using the new one as a template which gave me a .6mm gap. The ABS light went out as soon as i started the car and has remained off after a short drive, so appears the gap is good. :mhihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.