Lancer Register Forum banner

Miles to Km?

14K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  WiValdiBB 
#1 ·
Hi.

I know you guys do it the other way around but i have USDM speedo and i want odometer to measure in Kilometers.

As my Evo is full custom built from the shell up,is it any way to set odo to exact number of kms that she did,not what donor gauge did.

How can i do the above?

Best regards,

Matija

#2 ·
You can modify your speedo to have the exact miles (equivalence of Klm) but i think you cannot change from Miles to Km.
I have my Spanish X with an EEUU speedo in miles.
The bodyshop who fixed my speedo to have the correct miles of my car told me the conversion to klm was not possible. :eek:
(Perhaps they didn't know how to do it but it would be strange because their business is modifying all kind of speedometers).

#4 ·
I might be able to help you.

First of all, do you have a speedo converter on your gearbox? see pic.

The cluster you have at the moment reads MPH on the dials and clocks up miles on the odometer?

I have software and hardware that can change the hex code in the EEPROM chip, and have found the code that changes it from miles to km's

:smthumbup

Attachments

#5 ·
Hi.

I dont know if i have any speedo converter on the box.It is OEM one i guess.

Yes cluster reads mph and kmh (kmh on the smaller inside scale) and clocks up miles on odo.I just need that odo to count kms:)

Can this be done by my self or i need electric expert?

#6 ·
It is important to know whether you have one on the gearbox.

Without this I can't tell what needs doing.

Changing the odometer to clock up kms instead of miles requires writing hex code to the EEPROM chip that is stored on the cluster circuit board.

The best way to do this is desolder the 8 pin chip and place it in a EEPROM chip reader. You will then be able to edit the chip to change your mileage, and, change some digits for it to read kms.

If you have anyone that knows how to do this I can supply you with the hex codes you will need.

Failing that, send me your cluster and I will do it for you. Just cover the postage, don't know where you are?

Need to know about the speed converter first though,it will be sat on top of the box and will look just like the pic.

:smthumbup

#14 ·
can you change kms to miles in odometer

hi dave-cee just after abit of info as im new to this forum and the brand.im due to be collecting my import evo6 tme on 19/12/15 and have been told the dials have been changed to read in mph which is fine and its now going to be counting up in miles,can the kms be wound or set back to the equivilant in miles or not ?:smthumbup thanks for any advice,tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.