Wanted, Evo ix FQ360MR - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Wanted

Old 11-09-2019, 21:39   #1
Stebo

Wanted, Evo ix FQ360MR

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster - I trust it isn't bad for to register and then head straight to the marketplace for a first post, but I am a desperate man!

I have had zero joy with cars recently. I've been looking for a nice clean Evo for a long time but couldn't find the right car at the right price, and eventually gave up and bought a e92 M3... which lasted 3 days until a lorry wrote it off. Back to the drawing board and hunting out the perfect evo again. I finally thought I had found the car on Autotrader - a FQ360MR with reasonable miles, but having struggled to get a response for a couple of weeks and doing a good bit of chasing apparently the car is now sold as of tonight (possibly to somebody on here??)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=LANCER&page=1

Anyway, I figured a wanted thread on here is what is required (after all this is where all the best evos hang out!).

Ideally I am looking a pristine Evo FQ360 MR in grey, white or red, with sub 40,000 miles, but I realise that these are rare so I would also consider any Evo 9 or 8MR with those miles and a sensible / discrete tune carried out by somebody reputable. Also like 5s and 6s, but they would have to be special.

I've seen the low mile minters sitting at £30k+ and the rusty / body-kitted / cheaply tuned cars for £17k. What I am struggling to find is a reasonably priced, great condition car, but one that's not a museum piece.

To help explain what i am after, I work quite far from home and have got sick of putting big miles on decent cars. I've now leased a qashqai () for the daily slog and need something fun to pull out of the garage for the odd sunny evening drive over the summer.

If anybody is thinking of selling up now the summer is over, or knows of anybody selling, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

PS I see #213 (as per the autotrader add) isn't on the FQ360MR list yet!
Stebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2019, 08:04   #2
Baileyk
Senior User

Might be better off looking at fq360 non MR as they are around the 15-22k price. Most of the MR's sit along the 25k - 30K price.
Baileyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 16:16   #3
Stebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileyk View Post
Might be better off looking at fq360 non MR as they are around the 15-22k price. Most of the MR's sit along the 25k - 30K price.
The cost isn't really the issue (the 9mr I was interested in was £27k). I just don't want to pay a premium for sub 10k miles, and then be worried about putting mileage on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2019, 21:14   #4
Mikeb1984
Senior User

Car: white 9 GT
My Car
Off subject slightly but how did u find the m3 in the 3 days you had it? I got mine 6 months ago and love it but canít help feeling thereís something missing! For what itís worth Iíve come from an 8mr and then a 9 GT. Glad your ok after the accident!
Old 13-09-2019, 08:17   #5
Stebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeb1984 View Post
Off subject slightly but how did u find the m3 in the 3 days you had it? I got mine 6 months ago and love it but canít help feeling thereís something missing! For what itís worth Iíve come from an 8mr and then a 9 GT. Glad your ok after the accident!
I did love it, and I would even consider another if I can't find the right evo.

The highlight by a mile was the V8, which was a masterpiece. The noise it made when pushed on was glorious, but it provoked you into driving far too fast just to hear the high rpm.

It was also fairly practical and apart from one or two bits of preventative maintenance should have been pretty reliable (considering the performance).

The handling was a funny one for me - on nice good smooth roads it was really good and you could really push on (again up to silly speeds), but I live in the countryside in Northern Ireland, and the roads round me are not so perfect. I found that it struggled to cope with uneven surfaces and it wasn't possible to enjoy the performance that the car has. Mine also had some carbon trim which would rub if the car bottomed out, so at times even along straights I found myself standing on the brakes to slow for pretty small bumps and dips.

For the money I don't think it's possible to get a better 4-seat car with such performance but it's not exactly what I am after. It struck me as being similar to why i wouldn't really want a super-car - good fun on A-roads at 100mph+, but I am looking something that is fun to blast down a twisty back-road at 50mph+.

Also I just wanted an evo, and couldn't help but think I would wish I had scratched that itch every time I seen one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stebo For This Useful Post:
Mikeb1984 (13-09-2019)
Old 13-09-2019, 13:09   #6
A12DY B
All things Evo

Car: EVO IX MR
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebo View Post
The cost isn't really the issue (the 9mr I was interested in was £27k). I just don't want to pay a premium for sub 10k miles, and then be worried about putting mileage on it.
We have one for sale you have probably seen with 16,700 miles in grey.

Also have access to 2x Silvers ones, 1x 15,000 miles and one around 40,000 miles.

Kind Regards
A12DY B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A12DY B For This Useful Post:
Stebo (13-09-2019)
Old 13-09-2019, 18:16   #7
Stebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12DY B View Post
We have one for sale you have probably seen with 16,700 miles in grey.

Also have access to 2x Silvers ones, 1x 15,000 miles and one around 40,000 miles.

Kind Regards
40,000 one might be in the region of what I am looking for. Have you a link or can you pm me details. Thanks
Old 13-09-2019, 19:14   #8
Andy Waters
Junior User

Car: mitsubishi evo VII
My Car
Hi. I'm considering selling my evo 9 mr 360 in grey. It's done 38,000 miles with full service history. New brakes + shocks. Cam belt replaced 2 years ago, I can WhatsApp you pictures over. 07866818089,thanks Andy..
Andy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 19:28   #9
Andy Waters
Junior User

Car: mitsubishi evo VII
My Car
Sorry, 07866818085
Andy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 22:07   #10
Stebo

Thanks, I've sent you a message on Whatsapp. Sounds like just what I am looking. Please seen me some photos and I will give you a call for a chat.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:33   #11
Tyson1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Waters View Post
Hi. I'm considering selling my evo 9 mr 360 in grey. It's done 38,000 miles with full service history. New brakes + shocks. Cam belt replaced 2 years ago, I can WhatsApp you pictures over. 07866818089,thanks Andy..
Whatís the price may I ask?
Tyson1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: