Lancer Register Forum banner

New Bilstein B14 for TME

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave-Cee 
#1 ·
I just ordered some B14's for my TME brand new from a trader (won't mention name). They just arrived and are a bit chipped up on all 4 shocks, nothing major but also look like they have been touched up with the wrong paint.
Would you send these back or am I just being fussy?
[/URL]Screenshot_20210218-204927 by Rob Prince, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]Screenshot_20210218-204942 by Rob Prince, on Flickr[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 ·
That's what I was thinking, paid just under 1k for a new set which was a good price but didn't expect them to be in poor condition. I called the company today and he claimed he did not know they were damaged but said they may have gone out and been returned, he wasn't sure but they had been knocking around for a few years.

He has refused to swap them (as he has now put the price up) and says he is not going to take any money off as I got them cheap from him anyway.

Says if I want another new set Ill have to pay him more money. I know times are hard, but this guy is taking the pis*.

#9 ·
"I just ordered some B14's for my TME brand new from a trader (won't mention name). They just arrived and are a bit chipped up on all 4 shocks, nothing major but also look like they have been touched up with the wrong paint.
Would you send these back or am I just being fussy?"

Did you receive the all important shims and bolts to allow B14's to be fitted on a TME?

(B14's are only made to suit E7 - E9 out of the box)

:)

#13 ·
#14 ·
He is now saying the blue paint touch up is normal on Bilsteins B14. It seems strange to me the factory would make such a perfect product then finish it with a bad touch up and the wrong colour paint. Anyone else seen this on brand new B14s?

Here is the email from the trader; "Most of the chips out of the paint have been caused during transportation. The touch up was most likely done by Bilstein, I have seen it on other sets. The springs are hung up when they are sprayed and they touch up the section of the spring where the hanger was once they come out of the paint shop. Sometimes the paint used is not the best match"

#18 ·
He is now saying the blue paint touch up is normal on Bilsteins B14. It seems strange to me the factory would make such a perfect product then finish it with a bad touch up and the wrong colour paint. Anyone else seen this on brand new B14s?

Here is the email from the trader; "Most of the chips out of the paint have been caused during transportation. The touch up was most likely done by Bilstein, I have seen it on other sets. The springs are hung up when they are sprayed and they touch up the section of the spring where the hanger was once they come out of the paint shop. Sometimes the paint used is not the best match"
Lol what utter bull-****. So they can't manage to find the same paint, that they've just used to paint the things, to do the touch up🤣
Pretty sure they're dipped not sprayed too. Looks too thick to be painted. Probably a returned set that he's tried to flog at full price as new. Shouldn't happen but a small discount should be in order. Less hassle than having to return something that you wanted in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.