Lancer Register Forum banner

Who’s got a Tommi Mak rs

5K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  gstefanos 
#1 ·
Looking to see who else has a Tommi Mak rs

#5 ·
I used to have one and it was the best handling 4wd turbo I've ever driven on track, fantastic car, I could drive it like Tiff Needell! It was horrible to use as a daily car, no AC, no c/lock, low ratio 5 speed gears was a pain on the road, but awesome on track.

I had a P1 and an Evo MR extreme 350s at the same time and the TME RS was a raw and exciting thing to drive compared to those two.

My car was an ex Russ Swift car that was in a top gear DVD, Russ had sold it to a mid 50's school teacher who used to drive to school(!) and had her name on the side windows - the kids loved her (Russ put me in touch with her).

I sold it to James and he turned it onto a monster - link below.Cant be many left now there were only ever a handful in the UK

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=177965

#6 · (Edited)
More photos of the TME RS - note the lovely mini cab spec seats they came out the factory with.

I removed half of the Russ Swift stickers and the next owner to put it back to plain white then wrapped it.

I doubt any RS models still have those ****ty seats in them they had zero lateral support.
Nice steering wheel and TME gear knob.

Looking back the best of the lot was this 9 GT - close to an RS to drive but more modern and nice spec for daily use - still had 5 speed and LSD's.

#27 ·
+ 2 RHD from japan in France

one I have imported in 2014
and sold to another french man in 2016 who use it in Corsica
some pics for this one :

and in march 2019 in corsica :

specs:
- little brakes (improved to Brembo by me)
- A/C
- short gear Ratio + short final drive

and after regretting selling the first one, I bought another in Japan in 2017, and still own this one.

specs:
- little brakes (improved to AP front and Brembo Rear)
- NO A/C
- short gear Ratio + short final drive (have put an E4 gsr box in it )

so it make 4 TME RS in France:
- 2 LHDs
- 2 RHDs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.