Lancer Register Forum banner

Motorbike Licence Question ?`

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  H18BY0 
#1 ·
Hi all, Looking for some advice...

I'm 34, had my license since 17. Only ever noticed I have A on it...

Conflicting info online says I can ride any bike, other info says I need other A parts...

Just tried to call a couple of local training centers but being late on a Friday they all now closed...

Heard many stories about getting a bike license, never really looked into it myself, always thought it sounded like alot of hard work to get one... ?

I would like a green laning bike, but one that can also be taken on a track, so possibly 250 or 450...

Always had Moto X bikes from about 12-21. Would love to get back out on one. But be legal...

Any info would be great before the training centres open again Monday. Also experiences of getting a bike license :thumbup:

#3 ·
I've also been thinking about doing my bike test. I've just checked my license after reading this thread and noticed I also have class "A" listed.

Next to class "A" on the back on my license, under section 12, i have code "79(3)" listed. I had a look on the GOV.uk website and code "79(3)" stands for "Restricted to tricycles". You's may be the same

#4 ·
Maybe a silly question to ask, but have you ever taken a bike test...?

If I remember correctly, everyone had the ability to ride up to a 125cc on a standard car licence, anything more then you needed to take a test and go from there.

Back in '95 I did an intensive 3-day bike course and passed which at that time allowed me to ride any cc bike. My licence has both "AM" and "A" shown, and valid until I am 70yrs old..:handsup:

#16 ·
ive long given up bikes since the invention of mobile phones , life on a bikes WAY to risky now ,top line road bikes are WAY to fast for the road ,and unless you want to wreak it tracking its no good either
Can't text and ride easily?

Joking, I know what you mean. I don't know how more than half the car drivers have passed a test these days.

#9 ·
I didn't run plates for two years as was a member of the 'A' team most are dead now but for a few fast boys that's why I got one Ban for plates and 150mph and failing to stop, think the cross over was from high side of a Kawasaki Gpz 900 and rebuilding it then had a test run on the new Yamaha R1 and **** that was fast and could wheelie it like a ******* and my record was 134mph for 2 mile and one handed to 90mph. I took it to Pembrey race circuit for a track day with soft compound Michelin race tyres and new boots and was running the 600 lap record pace and wore away the foot pegs and new boots so my toe was out and ended the tyres, and two jerry cans of race fuel and avgas.

#10 · (Edited)
I did a week long intensive course About 8 years ago it was easy to pass I think. Less than a year later had an 100mph off cart wheeled 70m down the road according to witnesses. Ruptured my patellar tendon 4 nights in hospital two operations and 7 months off work! End of my biking :lol:

#11 ·
I have raced for 25 years motocross and have many breaks but life is now so use it. Blew my right femur into 4 pieces as jumped of bike mid air over a tabletop jump as the fuel injected Kawasaki 450 decided to stall so jumped of blew the leg into several pieces, but the knee brace put the load into the femur instead of the knee, and then broke the pins because the surgeon put the wrong size pins in so had to have another 8 hour operation to change the pins. Broke my collar bone 4 times right side, punched a post at the race and had a pin inserted in the right thumb. Snapped both big toes as I forgot my boots and took the shock though the boots and snapped both big toes. Rebuild right kneecap as hit a post. Compressed two vertebrae in lower spine over a double jump but over jumped by 20 foot. :blush: Several con concussions and two full ACL rebuilds which was the most pain even breaking the pin in my leg in the gym was nothing but the ACL ****me.

#13 ·
It's just I have never had a fear off pain and two wheels has a lot. People who sit and blow bubbles in a home have waisted life. Served in the Royal Navy on the Hms Glamorgan that survived a exorcet missile hit 0637 june 1982 and nearly sunk but from from hard work, but for 14 sailors we lost, you learn to use life as important to get the most from.

#15 · (Edited)
Man, you are one tough guy! You reminds me of my buddy's uncle. We're installing the parts from 4Wheelonline onto my buddy's truck when his brother called to rescue him and his uncle. They are at the trail riding the UTV and hit a deer sending the UTV on it's side. Good thing they only got scratches but the UTV needs some repair. It was the third time uncle got involved in an animal collision. He had multiple surgery on the first time when he's riding a bike on a highway. Some people develop fear after such accident, some people do not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.