List your MAX bhp/torque running on standard blocks here - Page 11 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Engine / Turbo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-06-2019, 21:42   #151
Hedgehog Dodger
Senior User

Car: Evo 5 - Forged and mapped by CPP
My Car
Send a message via AIM to Hedgehog Dodger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Who mapped it?
CPP But history is scetchy and I should never have got it done. Should have waited for a build and turbo job but such is life!

Last edited by Hedgehog Dodger; 24-06-2019 at 21:45..
Hedgehog Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-2019, 03:23   #152
Mr Ralliart
Anthony

Car: Evolution 6 TME Ralliart Edition (JDM)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Dodger View Post
Hi..No 75k mile engine with no history in Japan. Sold with history but when came across it 'must have got stolen from the docks'.....I doubt it had any.

Anyway I got in December 18. Serviced, cambelt and drove for about 1000 miles and decided to get map.

Cramkcase vented to induction side. Does that make a difference?

If it's in fairly standard form it probably hasn't been treated badly, if it has a lot of mods it maybe has been 'used' but would also likely have been maintained well. But at the end of the day that is high miles so is always going to be a gamble.

Did the tuner tune it so torque came in high or low in the rev range do you know?
Did they change the plugs (type)?
How were you driving it when it broke?

Venting the crankcase to atmosphere causes them to break if being revved hard for extended periods, usually a rod and probably piston.

My TME progress & track day thread: https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=462309
Mr Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:48   #153
Hedgehog Dodger
Senior User

Car: Evo 5 - Forged and mapped by CPP
My Car
Send a message via AIM to Hedgehog Dodger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ralliart View Post
If it's in fairly standard form it probably hasn't been treated badly, if it has a lot of mods it maybe has been 'used' but would also likely have been maintained well. But at the end of the day that is high miles so is always going to be a gamble.

Did the tuner tune it so torque came in high or low in the rev range do you know?
Did they change the plugs (type)?
How were you driving it when it broke?

Venting the crankcase to atmosphere causes them to break if being revved hard for extended periods, usually a rod and probably piston.
I dont think it was the original engine in the car. It has definatley been a track car due to mods....but recent tyres (Crap ones) to sell the car.

Basically the chap we usually buy from couldnt get one for the money I had. I bougjht from aiction and took a chance.

Gaz at CPP only set boost to 1.5 bar as he didnt know the history of the car and said I have been unlucky.

I was doing 60 MPH on M53 and went to overtake. So at 2.5k revs as soon as I put my foot down it broke...flames and all!!
Old 25-06-2019, 10:28   #154
Mr Ralliart
Anthony

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Dodger View Post
I dont think it was the original engine in the car. It has definatley been a track car due to mods....but recent tyres (Crap ones) to sell the car.

Basically the chap we usually buy from couldnt get one for the money I had. I bougjht from aiction and took a chance.

Gaz at CPP only set boost to 1.5 bar as he didnt know the history of the car and said I have been unlucky.

I was doing 60 MPH on M53 and went to overtake. So at 2.5k revs as soon as I put my foot down it broke...flames and all!!
Ok.
I would have not set it higher than 1.3 bar TBH. But boost alone is not a problem contrary to popular belief. Timing too far advanced is much more dangerous, and Japanese cars run a LOT more advance due to the awesome fuel here.
I would not expect Gaz to do anything silly though.

It may be simply bad luck, they are getting old. And again if the crankcase has a breather on it then i'd certainly have at least one eye on that. If there is one, throw it in the bin is my advice.

My TME progress & track day thread: https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=462309
Old 06-07-2019, 03:09   #155
Mr Ralliart
Anthony

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigan View Post
Hello everyone,,
Yes, standard internals.

I don't have a dyno plot, but I get 360HP to the wheels on my Gtech. This is about 470 at the fly. When I boost the car at 1 bar (AVCR mode Off) I get 250 HP at the wheels.
360 at the wheels is about 435 at the fly, but still decent and within what the standard engine can take on a low miles non abused engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigan View Post
The key is not to get a massive peak torque at 4000-5000 and keep the standard rpm limit.
Correct , torque early in the rev range and using the factory rpm limit are most important protocols from a tuning perspective. Other important things are to tune to timing, not boost, not venting the PCV system, and keeping engine temps in check

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Ralliart For This Useful Post:
McGoo60 (06-07-2019)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: