Stoptech Brake parts - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Brakes

Old 05-12-2019, 10:27   #1
richie9
Senior User

Stoptech Brake parts

Hallo.
I was offered a Stoptech front big brake kit for evo 789 ,but no mounting brackets supplied , they seem expensive to buy these parts on their own . What other options do I have to fit the kit ? Or any one know where I could get them? Or would there be a universal mounting bracket available ?
Regards Richie.
richie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019, 11:53   #2
thetyrant
Senior User

Car: BMW 130i & ST185 GT4 RC - Previously: Evo9-FQ360, Evo5-RS + 2 x Evo2's, all gone but not forgotten.
My Car
Parts like brackets are often expensive as you have found, your only other option is to get an engineering shop to make them up for you which would probably be cheaper, its not a difficult part to make but of course does need to be 100% correct to position caliper correctly and needs to be strong enough to cope with high loads brakes generate.

Someone like Godspeed brakes could probably help as he would maybe have a hub and things to mock it up and get dimensions etc, however any good place would be able to work it out might just need car along with calipers etc to measure it up.

HTH
thetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:14   #3
richie9
Senior User

I was thinking that ,an engineering shop seems to be the best option at the moment ,would work out cheaper than buying the brackets of stoptech.
Thanks for the reply.
Live in the Southern Ireland any of the irish members know of a place that could make brackets Munster area Galway ,Clare or Limerick if possible.

Last edited by richie9; 06-12-2019 at 07:19..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 15:32   #4
grants
Senior User

My Car
Just a thought Have you checked that the bells/discs fit on the hub correctly and that there is clearance between the disc and ball joint on the bottom arm
grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 22:41   #5
richie9
Senior User

I have not bought them yet was checking first to see could i get brackets or get them made up .
They came off an evo so i would think they should be no issues. Do u think they would be fitting problems with the kit ? Will be getting discs with them only thing missing will be mounting brackets.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:19   #6
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
If you are determined to go ahead and buy the calipers I would personally advise biting the bullet and paying for genuine brackets. Thetyrant speaks from great experience and I've no doubt that, to him, it's a pretty simple machining job, but that presupposes access to the right equipment to make them, suitable material to make them from and a means of accurately working out the sizing both in terms of thickness and bolt hole positions etc.
Old 08-12-2019, 17:33   #7
richie9
Senior User

Phil ,
I will probaly go genuine if going to buy the kit , as i undertand what your are saying about machining them alot of things to get right .
The Following User Says Thank You to richie9 For This Useful Post:
plip1953 (09-12-2019)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: