PMs disabled? @Michelle/Forum admin. - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 21-01-2021, 22:12   #1
vikingboy

Car: Black Evo 6 under construction
My Car
PMs disabled? @Michelle/Forum admin.

Hi forum admins, putting this here to avoid spamming other forums.
Are Pms disabled for non premium users now? I see an error when trying to access them?

I see I'm using 1 of 20 in the profile top left box.

Error =
vikingboy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are trying to access a part of the site that is restricted to members only (e.g. parts for sale).
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Advertisement

Old 21-01-2021, 22:16   #2
evo5d
Senior User

Car: Evo 5 Tomei forged, Cage, Autronics,VolkSE-37's,Apexi,RS diff,Damd bumper,Varis kit,Ralliart
You need to be a paid member to use PM function.
evo5d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 02:38   #3
vikingboy

Car: Black Evo 6 under construction
My Car
Thanks for clarifying, that seems like an odd choice for a feature to put behind a paywall for a community based site. I don't recall this being the case when I signed up fifteen years or so ago. Personally this doesn't feel conducive to nurturing a tight community or increasing retention through social connections which is likely to have a long term detrimental affect on revenue, not increase it. Theres too many other social mechanisms to justify £20p/a for access to an odd infrequent PM. Its also poor form that I'm locked out of access my previous PMs sent and received when a premium member.

It would be useful to clarify PMs as one of the benefits of membership on the store page too that currently only lists, unlimited posting, reduced advertising and unlimited access to special site content.
Advertisement

Old 22-01-2021, 08:25   #4
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingboy View Post
Thanks for clarifying, that seems like an odd choice for a feature to put behind a paywall for a community based site. I don't recall this being the case when I signed up fifteen years or so ago. Personally this doesn't feel conducive to nurturing a tight community or increasing retention through social connections which is likely to have a long term detrimental affect on revenue, not increase it. Theres too many other social mechanisms to justify £20p/a for access to an odd infrequent PM. Its also poor form that I'm locked out of access my previous PMs sent and received when a premium member.

It would be useful to clarify PMs as one of the benefits of membership on the store page too that currently only lists, unlimited posting, reduced advertising and unlimited access to special site content.
To be honest there isnt much of this forum left, since it was sold up to VS, it really is bare bones, and a quiet place

Stu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RG Motorsport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stu8 For This Useful Post:
Carlec (23-01-2021), darrenevo123 (22-01-2021), Stallion (25-01-2021)
Old 22-01-2021, 09:36   #5
thetyrant
Senior User

Car: BMW 130i & MR2 Roadster - Previously: Evo9, Evo5, 2 x Evo2, all gone but not forgotten.
My Car
PM's have only been available to paid club members for many years, same as the instant access to for sale section etc, if you want to play you got to pay
thetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thetyrant For This Useful Post:
pastymaster (23-01-2021)
Old 22-01-2021, 13:56   #6
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetyrant View Post
PM's have only been available to paid club members for many years, same as the instant access to for sale section etc, if you want to play you got to pay
Didn't they suddenly become available to all ie including non-payers? And for sale ads too?

I recently sent a couple of for sale ad links to non members expecting them to say they wouldn't work, but they did!
Old 22-01-2021, 17:08   #7
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post

I recently sent a couple of for sale ad links to non members expecting them to say they wouldn't work, but they did!
You probably sent them with your log in Phil!

Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 17:33   #8
plip1953
Phil

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider View Post
You probably sent them with your log in Phil!
I honestly have very little idea what I'm doing most of the time!!

Have you bought yourself a GR yet?
Old 22-01-2021, 20:12   #9
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
I honestly have very little idea what I'm doing most of the time!!

Have you bought yourself a GR yet?

Jane has
She says itís ESSENTIAL that you see it too

Old 23-01-2021, 08:56   #10
plip1953
Phil

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider View Post
Jane has
She says itís ESSENTIAL that you see it too
But not drive it?!! I might be Evoless quite soon and could be looking for something a bit different :-)
Old 23-01-2021, 17:17   #11
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
But not drive it?!! I might be Evoless quite soon and could be looking for something a bit different :-)
Plenty of demos out there now Phil, at the GR Centres
The Convenience pack is a good option as a daily, and very capable on the road.
Best get your order in now though if you want one while theyíre still available, even then delivery would probably be the back end of summer now!

Old 23-01-2021, 17:57   #12
pastymaster
North Wales RO

Car: Evo X FQ360, GR Yaris, Fiesta ST, Split Screen VW & Bay Window VW
My Car
Send a message via AIM to pastymaster
When we picked ours up last week they were saying new orders were expected November now.

pastymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: