Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * 2016 Pace Ward MLRSS - The Final: CADWELL PARK * * *

34K views 125 replies 38 participants last post by  monkeynuts1 
#1 ·

THE FINAL: CADWELL PARK

The big one! Saving the biggest and best 'til last, the 2016 PWMLRSS Final visits one of best circuits in the UK - none other than Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire on Saturday 29th October.
Also known as the mini Nurburgring, Cadwell's variety of corners, inclines, drops and straights will make for arguably the longest and most challenging courses in this year Series.

The Course:

Key:
____ = The course
____ = Return to paddock

A Lap:
Onboard lap from the Toyota Series:

Regs:
  • To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, click here
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Call Pace Ward before the event if you have insurance queries on 01782 286311

Cadwell Park Sprint Timetable:
  • 07:30 - Registration
  • 08:30 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:00 - Sighting lap
  • 09:20 - 3 Practice runs & first of the Competitive runs
  • From 09:00 - Class Check
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 13:00 - Competitive runs continue
  • 16:30 - Event closes
  • 20:30 - Trophies presented at End of Year Sprint Series Evening - Bentley Hotel
    (Timings are approximate)

Trophies and Points Table:

Trophies will be presented to the top 3 drivers from each MLR class on the day will be presented at the awards dinner at The Bentley Hotel the evening of the Sprint.

First Time Sprinter?:
For drivers keen to test the water we'll take up to 5 drivers (for MLR, 22B & GTR Series) who have never driven in a Sprint for free :)
  • On a first come first served basis
  • Register by calling us on 08451 25 26 23
  • We'll send you the info pack the week before
  • Arrive on the morning to register
  • Attend the drivers briefing, and take part in the sighting lap and the 3 practice laps
  • If you're hooked and want to drive in all the competitive runs just pay the event fee and continue!
  • Get in the top 3 of your class and be awarded a trophy on the Podium ☺

Bookings:
  • On a first come first served basis
  • If this is your first Sprint in 2016, there's a Registration Fee of £10
  • To book, please visit the MLR Shop or call us on 08451 25 26 23.
  • Places cost £149 for the day
  • Please see MLR's Cancellation Policy here

Circuit Info:
  • Address: Cadwell Park Circuit, Louth,
Lincolnshire LN11 9SE
  • Tel: 01507 343248
  • Restaurant: Breakfast and lunch will be available throughout the day in circuit restaurant

Spectating:
  • Spectating at the Cadwell Park Sprint Final is free
  • No animals are allowed at the venue - even if left in a vehicle, so please leave them at home

See less See more
1 3
#100 ·
When's the video coming Gary?

#112 ·
Did he have two separate incidents?

I spent 30+ min on the pre-grid on two occasions, due to Red flags just after the Metro set off. The above Impreza was the car running in front of the Metro I believe.

#122 ·
I must have been close in line to you. Sat for ages near start line waiting for track repairs :( A shame really as there was some great cars there producing very quick times. My old 4 just isnt quick enough so may need to work on power over the winter. Need to get some glass side windows and a rear seat too! Class D for my car is a bit ridiculous but rules is rules. :mhihi:
This you?

Attachments

#116 ·
It was me in the Impreza who binned it, I did go on the grass at one point early in the day, but didn't cause a problem. but apologies for slowing the last run down.

I misjudged the marker yes, but not by a huge amount, my quickest run the lap before I braked just before the same marker and slowed too much, but I may have been carrying more speed from previous corner up the straight, I don't know, it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.

May well have been turning in early too? it's my first time on that track so trying to learn it in 4 clean laps (I missed the first timed lap and the first practice I was purely concentrating on keeping it on the tarmac as it was ridiculously slippery) isn't the easiest.

#117 ·
At least your ok thats main thing :) , its hard to tell for sure but from the sound of the video it looks like you are still on the gas at 100 metre marker!, i pushed my braking later and later every run but i think 200 metre board was as late as i wanted to go, could probably of gone a little later but i wanted to drive it home and felt that was about the safe limit in my car, of course a lot depends on car, tyres and speed travelling etc but looking at the 1 datalog i did i was only at 119mph when braking at end of straight.

Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.