Evo IV Restomod
So here goes...
Car imported into the UK in 2004. Purchased by me Jan 2011 with roughly 47k Miles on the clock.
- Tidied up bodywork
- Removed original IV engine and fitted replacement IX engine including manifolds & 80 series turbo.
- Fitted Hydra Nemesis EMS 2.5
- Fitted upper & Lower HKS hardpipes
- Fitted R-spec oil temp, pressure and boost gauges
- Replaced worn Ralliart topmount O/S/F
- Replaced HKS EVC with Greddy Profec-B
- Fitted F&R Upper strut braces
- Engine dress up inc: Polished manifold cover, Tegiwa stainless fixing kit, Tegiwa battery tie, Carbongoodies Mivec cam cover & Ralliart plug cover, red conduit and silicone hose, neverneverman cam sensor heat shield.
- Rear suspension recall work
- Front end tidy: Inc fresh mesh, new number plate & new fixings.
I'm no Evo guru or car mechanic and I certainly don't claim to be. I'm sure I'll be met with plenty of issues along the way but fingers crossed the wealth of knowledge on this forum will see me through
My intentions (Revised 14/11/12):
- Completely strip underside and protect, re-seal and paint.
- Replace all steel F&R suspension arms with 5/6 alloy arms and fit aftermarket bushes.
- Refurbish drive-train.
- Replace wheel bearings.
- Remove AYC diff and fit a LSD.
- Remove ABS and install bias control on the rear.
- Replace Ralliart coilovers with a fast road/track day alternative.
- Remove A/C, de-clutter, deep clean engine bay and wire-tuck/tidy.
- Engine build (2lt long rod)
- Body work + arch work and full respray.
- Fit harness bar or possibly a bolt-in cage.
- On completion; full geometry setup & mapping
Sadly due to work commitments this build is going to take me a very long time but I will persevere.
Please excuse the poor camera quality. It's only temporary.
Some before shots