Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 Huge Spec

21K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  H18BY0 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling my evo 6. Had this car for 13 and in that period it has had a considerable amount of money spent on her. All invoices kept from companies such as RG Motorsport,APT and Ross sport.

2.3 stroker engine,which has covered approxiamtly 14k,running 594/515 ft/Ib,which was built by RG motorsport and mapped by APT.

Engine

Wisco pistons
Manley I beam rods
ARP head/main studs
ACL main/thrust and big end bearings
Cosworth head gasket
JMF inlet manifold
Apexi power FC ecu
Jun 272 cams
Ross sport HTA 3076 turbo
Exedy HD twin plate clutch
Ross sport pace intercooler
1000 ID injectors
Koyo Rad
3" straight through mongoose exhaust
Skunk 2 throttle boby
Bosch 044 fuel pump and Walbro pump

Drive train

Gearbox was overhauled 4k miles ago by APT
Ross sport RS diff.

Suspension

Ohlins kit fitted
polybushed through out
Rear whiteline ARB

Brakes

Ksports 356mm front brakes
Rear oem brembos.
Xp8 pads all round.

Everything on this car is mechanically good,all oils are changed regularly and always warmed up before any boost is used.

Negitive bits.

Although the body work and paintwork are good, there was for the last MOT back at the end of november a need for some welding on the nearside and offside inner seals. Unfortunatly as most of you know these cars suffer underneath,but as far as I know there is no more rot,but being honest,it will need attention eventually.

The car is on the register as a CAT D and the rear brakes need refurbishing.

As a reflection of this and iv nothing to hide im looking in the region of £9750 which I think is a fair price considering the spec of the car.

All test drives will be done by myself

Thank you for reading and if interested please contact Paul on 07715790722

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ishi/lancer/mitsubishi-lancer-gl-1999/9627505

See less See more
#17 ·
Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

:confused:

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G

#20 ·
Even google is not much help

"What Is the V Car Register?

The V-Car register is a resource used by insurers and accident services, to list when a car has been classified as a write-off.

"Write-off" is an informal term used to describe a car that has been stolen and not recovered, or damaged to an extent whereby the repair costs are more than the total value of the car. Once a car has made the V-Car register it can never escape the title, however it can sometimes be returned to the road. Cars with V-Car status are normally much cheaper than other used cars due to the nature of their past"

:confused:

My analogy is that Vcar is a "Dodgy Dealer Delight" :wallbang:

Avoid like the plague and, name and shame

G
"Dodgy dealer" 😂😂😂
That would be someone trying to actually hide it's been in an accident. VCAR is a legal termed used by most insurance companies. Clearly it's for the educated... unlike some 😂

#18 ·
Just my pennys worth as I know the car inside out,having owned it for 13 years. It was a Cat D when I bought the car back in 2006 and doing research it was registered a Cat D when it was about 6 months old as I did actually chat with the original owner and apparently there was minor front end damage.
I priced the car to what I considered a fair price as I always thought a car lossed 25% of its value and the as the advert said it does need attention underneath!
Mechanically the car wants for nothing and was mental fast and I don't regret what I spent on her to get it to that stage,i had my fun in it,so time to move on to a quick GTR.
Upto the guy I sold it too what he wants for it,he can out it up for 50k,but a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

#34 ·
It takes the **** mate that you be completely honest about car and sell cheap then someone comes along buys it and realists it for 50% more and just leaves out the bits why the car was cheap. In other words trying to mug someone off.

15k for a cat c evo 6 what needs welding is ridiculous, hence your price you listed it for. It's a shame cause it would off been a good project for a genuine owner.

#42 ·
Watched the video above with LLF and the car is quick, didn't realise it was this VI. The way it was driven was like they "stole it" turns out that's about as much as it's worth. He is a lump the guy who owns it, Jamie I believe and a proper charmer he is :wallbang: full of it :lol: :smthumbup

#45 ·
I really did nt want to sell that car and I was actually willing to spend 10k with Autotorque to restore the underneath,but they said it was too far gone and the rust would reappear. They advised to reshell,but I wasn't going to do that !

A testament to RG Motorsport and APT though,that car was mental fast,infact quicker than any stage 4.25 GTRs that iv been looking at and it handled as the video says,like on rails.

Sad to see the vid again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.