Lancer Register Forum banner

Base Map

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  xlr8 
#1 ·
Hey guys
So after nearly 3 years of waiting to get engine rebuilt I'm wondering if I need to get a base map put on the ECU before engine goes back in and gets run in fully or will the map it had on previously be ok as long as I don't boost it

#6 · (Edited)
So just the turbo that will be really different from a mapping point of view, if you can limit the boost very low or just stay off boost then it will be ok to drive to place for mapping, just dont give it any beans until mapped, if your going to fit larger injectors for the turbo ? then fit them just before mapping starts.

#9 ·
Your map will be fine, will be the best base map anyone could start with anyway. Unless you had a mapper with car to maybe adjust fueling slightly, but it's not like your going to be hitting high boost anyway.

What turbo have you swapped from amd to?
Gone from the old GT3076r almost maxed at 465bhp now modified to a GTX35 with 11 blade billet wheel from universal turbo's..hoping to make somewhere around 550-600bhp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.