Lancer Register Forum banner

torque plate engine block

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  war-machine 
#1 ·
hello guys,

i have to increase the bore in my evo 6 engine block from 85 to 86mm.
it is really neccesary to use a torque plate while drilling?

some engine guys told me that the stock block is so stiff that there is
less to no torossion at standard tightening torque or bit higher.

what is your experience?

thanks in advance

#4 ·
because i had a "small" problem :)
the conrod on 2. cyl. was bent when upshifting @1,93bar boost peak.

even more the 1 cyl. wall on the piston ring area is corrode due to the
engine was more than 2 years not in use...

i can not say excatly how deep is the damage and because of that
i want 86mm to be safe.

here some pictures:

thanks
BR

#5 ·
I measure up to 1 thou distortion when the head is bolted on, using APR2000 head studs at their standard torque.

It all depends how accurate you want the bores to be. Obviously, even if you use a torque plate, once up to operating temperature, the bores distort again in a different way.

#18 ·
the yanks fill the water cavities of 4g63 block with concrete where the water pump went and weld a plate where pump use
to be and use electric pump? for the
engine cooling...and probably climb 1000BHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah but only for 400 meters at a time

#22 · (Edited)
Daily as in daily

Hundreds of post from users stm jrp ER boosted to name a few.

The yanks imho are going faster than us over in the UK we are still using rods and pistons from 10 years ago they are doing something we are not.

How many ppl use the 1/2” head studs ?
How many use the L19 main studs
The fire ring HG Soloutions
The steel inserts in the head to stop distortion
The bigger stud washers
Hard anodised pistons

Over here we got it’s not needed :mhihi:

I have friends I. The US that have done hundreds of miles on road and track at 850 plus trapping low 9s and no HG issues or temp issues.
Plus they don’t measure clearances with Plastigauge ;).

Try something new it works :)

#23 ·
Daily as in daily

Hundreds of post from users stm jrp ER boosted to name a few.

The yanks imho are going faster than us over in the UK we are still using rods and pistons from 10 years ago they are doing something we are not.

How many ppl use the 1/2" head studs ?
How many use the L19 main studs
The fire ring HG Soloutions
The steel inserts in the head to stop distortion
The bigger stud washers
Hard anodised pistons

Over here we got it's not needed :mhihi:

I have friends I. The US that have done hundreds of miles on road and track at 850 plus trapping low 9s and no HG issues or temp issues.
Plus they don't measure clearances with Plastigauge ;).

Try something new it works :)
The bits we are not doing is extending the truth lol.
1/2 studs aren't needed if you are using the correct yield studs most just use off the shelf rather than bespoke custom studs.
Sealing rings for hg yes for years on gto engines I have done not found the need on the evo yet.
Seen many turbo kits from the states with cooling fans they claim to run only to overheat here lol.
Yes a lot of the Uk market tuners are full of bs just like the us market also.

Mark

#29 ·
some people should forgive and forget ? the year 1814 in august is a long time ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12 August - the last hanging under the Black Act in England is of William Potter for cutting down an orchard; the judge petitions for reprieve.
13 August - the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1814 is signed in London, returning most possessions of the Dutch Empire acquired by the United Kingdom since 1803 to the Netherlands, although Britain retains the Cape of Good Hope and the South American settlements of Demerara, Essequibo and Berbice (later consolidated as British Guiana). In addition, Britain cedes the island of Banca off the island of Sumatra in exchange for the settlement of Cochin in India.
24 August - War of 1812: The Burning of Washington: British troops burn Washington, D.C..[1]
28 August - Alexandria, Virginia, offers surrender to the British fleet without a fight

Presumably towards the end of August . . .

:mhihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.